Re: See you in Buttonwillow... CHEATERS!

Yeah, we learned that we had more power than brakes (pads into the backing plates at the end of day one!), and that the early '80s J-car rear wheel bearings are underengineered for actual racing. We narrowly avoided a repeat of last years' T-Hill upside down Cavalier Wagon- when we took the wheel off, the flange was cracked 3/4 of the way around the hub.

GREAT race, great Curse penalty (c'mon Murilee, those slackers were never gonna get the head(s) off in three minutes...), decent officiating, good workers, a challenging track, and all the excitement you could handle.

Plus a penalty dunk tank! That was one penalty you'd almost WANT to get in the Buttonwillow heat.

Good job to all.

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 143 races and counting.
2/25/24

Our sorta-official team pervert, err photographer got a GREAT pic of the Cavalier wagon in full opposite lock through Sunset - I can't wait to see it in full res.

Great race everyone - can't wait until the next one!

Rich
Team Porcubimmer

Proudly pissing off Pick 'n Pull employees since 1991
Team The Homer

1981 Ford Fairmont Durango

MurileeMartin wrote:

Junkyard Bilsteins, eh? No problem... if you're driving a Kia. Otherwise, start sweating!

Umm, I just got a set of Bilstiens, Suspensiont Techniques springs, and Quickor sway bars at the Richmond P&P.

Hanger on!??!