Topic: Check your nuts

https://picasaweb.google.com/christophe … ckYourNuts

No harm done to car or other vehicles, just my ego.

Re: Check your nuts

Oh damn! That is my worst fear right there...

Glad you & the car are ok.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Sparky Pete wrote:

Oh damn! That is my worst fear right there...

What, a volkswagen being towed by a Citroen?

Yeah, kinda freaks me out too.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Happened to me in my 1600 Cabriolet back in the '60s in LA. Fortunately, I stopped to investigate the little "clunk-clunk-clunk" before I got on the freeway. smile

5 (edited by EriktheAwful 2011-07-05 07:26 AM)

Did that with my Jeep once. Fortunately it only cost one brake drum, 5 wheel studs, and 5 lugnuts. Finding the wheel and tire in an overgrown ditch on a dark country road was a real bitch.

I'm glad your car came out unscathed. Be sure and replace the wheel studs.

I did that to my dad once. Put the lug nuts on by hand and forgot to tighten them. He pulled over when he heard the lug nuts flying around in the hub cap.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

We once had a temp worker we nicknamed "Tron" who turned out to be completely insane in a head-banging on desk frustrating kinda way. It quickly became apparent that we HAD to get rid of Tron before he destroyed the entire company with his random and massive @#$%-ups. He was supposed to be an advanced engineering technician, yet couldn't do even most basic of things right. "Do you understand the task?" "Yes, I understand". (commence @#$%-up) "WTF?? Why did you DO that?!?"

"I don't understand"

This one dude put the entire company on edge and pissed everyone off. He was either the densest person I've ever met, or the most dangerous brain-damaged genius.

So the inevitable black-Friday comes along, and the department-head, along with the director and HQ rep had a nice long talk with him, where he just wasn't getting the message. "You are no longer needed. No, that means we wont need you next week either. OR next month, dude, seriously, you are fired. Yes forever. No we don't have standbys."

Sheesh.

So that weekend I'm on the freeway and the rear right wheel falls off of my MGBGT at speed. I heard the tell-tale "CLINK" "CLINK" that means something just left the vehicle, and then it got a little loose and noisy like a tire was going flat. I immediately began slowing down (I was blazing along in the fast lane) and working my way over to the slow lane and shoulder. Half way across all hell broke loose with the car dropping in the rear and trying to go sideways. Traffic around me parted like the Red Sea and I somehow made it without hitting anyone.

When I got out and looked, the wheel had fallen off the hub, but the bodywork (damaged) had held it inside the wheel-tub, thus the hub rode on the inside of the rim instead of on the concrete and saving my ass. The hub, rim and drum were destroyed however and I had to be towed home. I was stumped because I hadn't messed with the wheels in nearly 30k miles, and everything else was rusty-tight.

The next Monday I mentioned it to my boss when we were talking about our weekends, and he says "Oh crap, not you too?" All of us involved either had the same rear wheel fall off or the lug nuts loosened, including the HR lady.

THEN, a few months later we all started getting phone calls asking to use us for references.

Insane I tell you.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

That's a messed up individual.  If you had any proof at all (security cameras?) an attempted manslaughter charge might hold up.  Seriously.  You could have been easily killed.

Some people deserve vigilante justice.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["