Topic: Cool tow rig for auction

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/9484462

Who needs an ambulance when you can drive the former "Guido Veloce Inc. Racing Team" hauler?

http://ifgpf1.com/wik/images/f/fc/Truck1.png

http://ifgpf1.com/wik/images/6/67/Truck2.png

Re: Cool tow rig for auction

I was up till 4am staring at the pics, wondering if I could live in it.

I so badly want this truck... all it needs it a little light buffing and a new set of tires.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Saw this on BaT - love it.  Also liked the comment to the effect that the doors are all welded shut, but it's thought to be full of 50's and 60's era Ferrari NOS parts.

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

That is a beautiful truck, but:  21% buyer's premium!  I have never heard of such robbery!  Good Lord that's a rip off.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

I love when those old race car tow rigs show up.  The problem is this looks like it would need a ton of work to be reliable enough for a real long trip.  I'd be really interested to see what car(s) this thing had in it (or maybe it still has in it if the story about the welded shut doors is true!)

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

OK, I'm in - partnership, anyone?  Although I'd like to figure out a way to slide a late model F250 or dodge chassis under the cab for the long hauls...

Dirty Some Beaches - Lemoncello Racing - Honda Wag-O-Van
Team Red Bear - BMW 320i
Inglorious Bastards - Ford Thunderbird, Mazda Miata, the other Mazda Miata

stewf wrote:

OK, I'm in - partnership, anyone?  Although I'd like to figure out a way to slide a late model F250 or dodge chassis under the cab for the long hauls...

Chassis should be fine, as should the axles. A late model powertrain swap would be prudent, though - even if the stock motor runs, it's got about the same power as a malaise-era 6cyl pickup truck.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

6bt swap!!

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

EyeMWing wrote:

even if the stock motor runs, it's got about the same power as a malaise-era 6cyl pickup truck.

I for one would be ok with that, and actually prefer it original. I've ridden in and driven antique machinery on modern highways, and it's a slow but extremely cool experience. Slow down and enjoy the drive.

Caveat; I haven't been spoiled by modern technology (chrome wing windows, no air conditioning and solid lifters in my under-powered everyday cars) so it wouldn't be as big of a shock to me to rock it exactly as the motoring gods intended. A small part within me would die upon seeing something like this bastardized.

There are lots of old vanilla rigs out there rotting away that would make perfectly good resto-rig candidates, the reason this one is cool is in its time machine effect, a window into yesterday.

Rip out its heart and you now just have a shell of what it used to be. Sure, easier to use but like chopping up a Stradivarius and stuffing it full of modern electronics. May as well slap a SBC in a Duesenberg or enter the Tour de France with a motorized bike.

I'm the kind of guy who thought the barn find Model-T Boyd Coddington tore apart was MUCH cooler before he ripped it to shreds, now it's just another cookie-cutter hot-rod. (yawn-@#$%-yawn)

And no, I'm probably not normal.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Sparky Pete wrote:
EyeMWing wrote:

even if the stock motor runs, it's got about the same power as a malaise-era 6cyl pickup truck.

I for one would be ok with that, and actually prefer it original. I've ridden in and driven antique machinery on modern highways, and it's a slow but extremely cool experience. Slow down and enjoy the drive.

Caveat; I haven't been spoiled by modern technology (chrome wing windows, no air conditioning and solid lifters in my under-powered everyday cars) so it wouldn't be as big of a shock to me to rock it exactly as the motoring gods intended. A small part within me would die upon seeing something like this bastardized.

There are lots of old vanilla rigs out there rotting away that would make perfectly good resto-rig candidates, the reason this one is cool is in its time machine effect, a window into yesterday.

Rip out its heart and you now just have a shell of what it used to be. Sure, easier to use but like chopping up a Stradivarius and stuffing it full of modern electronics. May as well slap a SBC in a Duesenberg or enter the Tour de France with a motorized bike.

I'm the kind of guy who thought the barn find Model-T Boyd Coddington tore apart was MUCH cooler before he ripped it to shreds, now it's just another cookie-cutter hot-rod. (yawn-@#$%-yawn)

And no, I'm probably not normal.

+10

Agreed.   As long as they are still being used.  Once they become trailer queens, I won't give them a second look.

This space for rent.

Its in Clement, CA which is not to far from Stockton, and about 2 hours away. Unfortunately the Auction is tomorrow so no time to check it out.

The one you guys hsould be looking at is this one, and a similar one. These are located in So cal, just north of LA. A couple grand for a 3 axle race trailer??!!

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/9484549

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

mackwagon wrote:

Its in Clement, CA which is not to far from Stockton, and about 2 hours away. Unfortunately the Auction is tomorrow so no time to check it out.

The one you guys hsould be looking at is this one, and a similar one. These are located in So cal, just north of LA. A couple grand for a 3 axle race trailer??!!

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/9484549

For that price it must have a few dead bodies in it or something!

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

For that price I am good with bodies.

Daniel Sycks