Topic: Senna, the film

Go see it!  The film is every bit as good as the critical acclaim would suggest.

Team Co-Craptain, Los Cerdos Voladores
Plymouth Neon
Yeah, we're horrible...but we're LEAST Horrible

Re: Senna, the film

Yes, do it.  It's getting a ton of mainstream and indie accolades.  I'm seeing it tomorrow here in DC.

Here's someone that was so moved by the docu that she added a little body art....

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/kirchbed/senna-tattoo.jpg

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I went and watched Conan last night, but Senna's on my list of must-see movies.

Austin, Dallas, and Houston start showing it this Friday.

Indianapolis is this coming weekend too.  I'll be there sunday night!  Can't wait!

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Don't want to travel to DC or Philadelphia for it. Will buy DVD.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Check the Senna movie facebook page.  There are a bunch more US dates/cities.  Unfortunately they added Columbus OH while I wasn't looking and I missed it!

But it opens in Dayton in a week, which is a do-able day trip, especially with a stop at the USAF museum.  How to persuade SWMBO that this would be a great date night: fighter planes, mexican food, racing movie?

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

I am going to be in Salt Lake City next week and might have to check it out one night.

FJ40Jim wrote:

Check the Senna movie facebook page.  There are a bunch more US dates/cities.  Unfortunately they added Columbus OH while I wasn't looking and I missed it!

But it opens in Dayton in a week, which is a do-able day trip, especially with a stop at the USAF museum.  How to persuade SWMBO that this would be a great date night: fighter planes, mexican food, racing movie?

WTF!?!? You mean it was here and we did not see it?

Thats it! I'm hiding SAE pieces into your metric stuff again.

Daniel Sycks

Yes, we missed it.  I have been checking the "Senna Movie" FB page regularly.  I remember that detroit and ann arbor were about the closest locations.  All of a sudden, Columbus and cleveland are listed in there around the time of the MI dates.  They musta sneaked it in there in the last couple weeks.  And there were probably ten people at Studio 35 to watch it, cause they do such a great job with the publicity.

But I'm not bitter.

And I found the missing 1/2 sokt.  It was in the mag tray between the 13 & 14.

Jim C.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Woot!

Senna is showing at the Drexel theatre in Columbus OH right now.
Sun: 12:05 PM
Wed: 12:40 PM
Thu: 8:00 PM

I'll be there one of those days.

Jim C.

FJ40Jim wrote:

Woot!

Senna is showing at the Drexel theatre in Columbus OH right now.
Sun: 12:05 PM
Wed: 12:40 PM
Thu: 8:00 PM

I'll be there one of those days.

Go see it.  Really.  Best movie I have seen in a very long time.  I went twice in 1 week, and had to do a 3 hour round trip each time.  I would go again tomorrow if I could.  Very interesting to see so much of the man's life, explained by him.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Went on Sunday.  Definitely a good film.

Only downside is that after the movie, she said "Why did we see a movie about a dead racecar driver the week before your race?"

Umm, because I'm a poor strategist?

Jim C.