Topic: Just when you thought all hope is lost for NA$CAR...

The wife and I were on a mini-vacation last week to Florida and on the way back up I-95 I surprised the wife with a side trip by Daytona Speedway.  We walked in to the showroom and just got our bearings.  A couple came out of the rest rooms and the man was obviously blind.  An older gentleman working in the building (had a Daytona shirt on) called out to them and asked if he could take the man's hand.  He took the man, removed the velvet rope from around a #43 show car in the room, and placed the man's hands on the rear spoiler.  He then began to give the man a VERY detailed description of every single detail of the outside of the car.  We walked over to his wife, who was taking many pictures, and watched for a few minutes.  With tears in her eyes she explained that he was a huge NASCAR fan, never missed listening to a race, and going to Daytona had always been a dream of his. 

As an organization, NA$CAR may have lost its way, but that one gentleman went above and beyond his job that day.  There may be hope yet.....

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Re: Just when you thought all hope is lost for NA$CAR...

What, they couldn't have put him behind the wheel of a car and let him drive the track? What could he have hit?  Going way above and beyond would be the guy who sit in the passenger seat and talked him through it.

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

Just think how nice it would be if they only did ovals twice a year and not the other way around?

Daniel Sycks

Mick25 wrote:

The wife and I were on a mini-vacation last week to Florida and on the way back up I-95 I surprised the wife with a side trip by Daytona Speedway.  We walked in to the showroom and just got our bearings.  A couple came out of the rest rooms and the man was obviously blind.  An older gentleman working in the building (had a Daytona shirt on) called out to them and asked if he could take the man's hand.  He took the man, removed the velvet rope from around a #43 show car in the room, and placed the man's hands on the rear spoiler.  He then began to give the man a VERY detailed description of every single detail of the outside of the car.  We walked over to his wife, who was taking many pictures, and watched for a few minutes.  With tears in her eyes she explained that he was a huge NASCAR fan, never missed listening to a race, and going to Daytona had always been a dream of his. 

As an organization, NA$CAR may have lost its way, but that one gentleman went above and beyond his job that day.  There may be hope yet.....

That's pretty awesome.  Good for him.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

More evidence that human beings are people, Corpoarations aren't, what ever the Supreme Court says.

TEAM TONTO, 7 cylinders of thunder!
Now with 4 big Losses!
Steve was right

+1

That's great. Its good to hear there's still caring people out there.

drive hard or do laps. you decide

dsycks wrote:

Just think how nice it would be if they only did ovals twice a year and not the other way around?

That's called "V8 Supercars".

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear