Topic: Jeep Mechanic in Dallas

A friend of mine has a 94 Jeep Wrangler that needs quite a bit of work.  Does anyone have a recommendation for where to take it in the Dallas area?

Here's what we know needs to be done:

* Transmission work.  It has a tendency to pop out of first when you take off as well as a few other trans issues.
* Exhaust manifold is cracked.
* Wiring/Electrical issues.  The low beams won't come on any more, but the high beams work.  There are also some sporadic issues with the radio.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Re: Jeep Mechanic in Dallas

What part of Dallas? I might have some ideas if I know the area in question.

Dale

"Racing is an addiction that makes heroin seem like a vague longing for something salty." -- Peter Egan

He's in downtown/uptown, but honestly there's so much sentimental value wrapped up in this car for him he'd probably take it over to Ft. Worth if he was confident someone could really fix it.

He used to live in Houston and had a guy do some work on it down there, but it seems like he didn't really solve any problems.  The guy claimed parts were just too hard to come by for that particular make and model these days.

mikedeck wrote:

He's in downtown/uptown, but honestly there's so much sentimental value wrapped up in this car for him he'd probably take it over to Ft. Worth if he was confident someone could really fix it.

He used to live in Houston and had a guy do some work on it down there, but it seems like he didn't really solve any problems.  The guy claimed parts were just too hard to come by for that particular make and model these days.

It's a little ways from him, but these are the guys I use for our daily drivers and kids cars, Billy owns the place and Brian (his son) is on our team. Tell them that Dale Goodwin sent you to them.

http://www.mcswainautomotive.com/

"Racing is an addiction that makes heroin seem like a vague longing for something salty." -- Peter Egan

I haven't had any experience with these guys, but they're on the outskirts of Dallas. Back when I had my Jeep I considered buying some replacement trim parts from them, but sold it before I got that far.
http://www.collinsbrosjeep.com/

I think collins bros is big $.  They wanted something like 400.00 for a cage mounted spare tire holder for my scrambler.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!