Topic: Front strut tower braces

Do you run them?  Did you make your own?  Since we are at the $500 limit, we can't buy one so we need to fabricate one of our own, is there a certian design we should have to be most effective.  I mean can we just weld a strong metal "beam" from tower to tower or should the 3 bolts on the top of the strut  be attached  to it?

Re: Front strut tower braces

ifb_mole wrote:

Do you run them?  Did you make your own?  Since we are at the $500 limit, we can't buy one so we need to fabricate one of our own, is there a certian design we should have to be most effective.  I mean can we just weld a strong metal "beam" from tower to tower or should the 3 bolts on the top of the strut  be attached  to it?

Steel tube, triangulated to the firewall. Steel plates to bolt the mess in... easy, quick, cheap.
When you do your cage, weld the cage to the chassis everywhere. Roof, A pillar, B pillar etc...

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Re: Front strut tower braces

ifb_mole wrote:

Remember, you are WELDING a bar across the engine compartment that you MAY  have to do some work on in the future.  You might wanna keep that in mind smile

We passed on one.  It falls in the "Aint gonna keep the car on track" category

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!