Topic: Houston Race Direction

I heard some scuttlebutt that they were gonna run the MSR race in the opposite direction this time.  Anyone know?

Re: Houston Race Direction

lostner@sbcglobal.net wrote:

I heard some scuttlebutt that they were gonna run the MSR race in the opposite direction this time.  Anyone know?

We were at the test and tune this weekend. According to the track officials at MSR, it will be clockwise full course no chicanes. If it is CCW, that wall will have more marks on it after the race.

"We'll see," said a blindman......

Sergio,

How was the Test & Tune?

I talked to Leslie and she described most of the Lemons cars as complete POS.  Well, they are Lemons.

Regarding clockwise and the wall, I wonder how many Lemons it takes to move a track wall?

I hope we run without chicanes but I am not sure if guys will keep it on the track on the back side of the course.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Our test went well. I think there were 5 cars there. The Club GP #38 was there, they are now Team JB Weld. #1 orange Nissan Sentra, a Civic, and a Eagle Talon? were also there.

As for the direction, if it is clockwise like before, the wall won't be a problem. The hump without a chicane will cause some agro racing if you brake too late. And the bus stop is another spot were you need to slow down enough to get thru the right-left turns. I went off there because of too much speed. Short cutting the turns isn't very bumpy but it will be a penalty.Other than that, the back side straights are fast. The carousel is fast too but when it joins the front straight it gets pretty narrow.

The bus stop is were I have gone off in the past.  If it was a straight shot, I am sure the track would be way faster.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Did this ever get firmed up?  I can't see doing CW with no chicane, diamond's edge will be a huge pile of crashed cars after that long back straight IMHO.

Mike
Lemons Oct 2008, Oct 2009, Feb 2010, Oct 2011

bellmd wrote:

Did this ever get firmed up?  I can't see doing CW with no chicane, diamond's edge will be a huge pile of crashed cars after that long back straight IMHO.

From what I have heard from Jay, Nick and Leslie @ MSR, they are going to see how to works.  They are going to try out the full course with no chicanes say earlier in the week before the race.

Once they have done that, they will make a final decision.  Full course is pretty definite but the chicanes are more questionable.  Until they try it out, you won't have a definite answer.

I agree the Diamonds Edge could be very interesting.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Thanks Troy.  I can't imagine our little 4 banger car making that backstraight all weekend with no chicane or even how many folks will overcook the braking zone in diamonds edge.

Mike
Lemons Oct 2008, Oct 2009, Feb 2010, Oct 2011

I'm excited for the Houston race.   One question, any chance we can push it back a week?   Our car has so much work to get ready...

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

Dont be a bunch of vagina's!! Full course no chicanes!! This is RACING. Learn how to drive!!

DAMNIT... I don't know if we are even going to be able to make it to the event to SPECTATE... spent too much this weekend on the car and the "RV"... ugg... well it should all be ready by the start of next season.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"