Topic: when do we get notified?

When do the acceptance or denial emails / letters go out?  When do we find out if we're in or out for the Thunderhill event??

Re: when do we get notified?

Usually happens within a week of the registration deadline.  They are pretty quick.

deadline is tomorrow, so acceptances will probably go out early next week (seems to be how it works).

When it's the weekend of a race, the notifications tend to go out a little bit later than if there's not a race. So don't freak out if you don't have it by first thing on Monday morning, as Jay and the crew are probably still winging their way back across the country.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I have a feeling most of the pack is picked a couple weeks before the deadline passes... but yeah, i'm sure they are pretty busy this weekend

We just got our waitlist e-mail...

Congrats to all that get in.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Yup, acceptance emails went out this afternoon. We're in with the Talon again!

Just another crappy BMW and moto-powered MR2: http://www.facebook.com/BlackIronRacing
Gnome money, Gnome problems. (RIP) http://www.facebook.com/MetroGnomeRacing

trekkor wrote:

We just got our waitlist e-mail...

Congrats to all that get in.

KT

We got waitlisted, too but after the "money is due" deadline, we got accepted so don't sweat it too much. Just make sure your theme is up to snuff.

--Spank

Free Range is in.. See you at THill... with an upgraded Windmill wink

Rooster Juice Racing is in and ready for the fame and fortune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC8kNNPNW38

-Mike

Paluck
Rooster Juice Racing
Bay Area, CA

Boy, I sure hope we get in.  We gutted the car yesterday.

Oops, spoke too soon.  Just got the regrets email.  Weak.

OLD Fast Auto Race Team & Sons is in running the reddish 924 for the 4th Lemons race.

Unsafe at Any Speed is going to try to bounce back from a demolished engine at Reno and uphold the strong Corvair Lemons tradition of beating ten times as many cars by place as we beat by fastest lap.

AppetiteforDestruction wrote:

We got denied in our first application too.  We emailed Nick and Jay and they gave us the reasoning behind our rejection.  We took their advice happily and applied it to the next race and got in.

It's all about what you will do... not who you are (that was the lesson we learned)

16 (edited by TEAM RRT JOKER 2009-09-15 01:51 PM)

RRT(redneckracingteam) is in. Bringin out the caddy again....mabey change the oil this time, and sportin new pick-n-pull tires. looking forward to racing with the teams we met at Reno again...cya on the hill

FreeRange wrote:

We got denied in our first application too.  We emailed Nick and Jay and they gave us the reasoning behind our rejection.  We took their advice happily and applied it to the next race and got in.

It's all about what you will do... not who you are (that was the lesson we learned)

Thanks for the advice.  I think we'll set our sights on Chump Car in January.  Seems to be fewer veterans there with a guaranteed spot.  Too bad - our 944 would've been fun at Thunderhill, especially if we get that fourth cylinder working as hard as the other three.

I also feel bad for the other teams - our mobile Tiki Bar won't be making the trip to Thunderhill.

unsafe_jake wrote:

Unsafe at Any Speed is going to try to bounce back from a demolished engine at Reno and uphold the strong Corvair Lemons tradition of beating ten times as many cars by place as we beat by fastest lap.

I wish you guys luck....until Reno I'd never seen the inside of a Corvair engine and missed the chance to race with you!

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Well we got in too, first time Lemon virgins,  Please be gentle, will it hurt? 

I hope we don't disappoint.  We all want to have fun and are already brainstorming on how to decorate our chariot to worthy Lemon status.  Since our ride is already handicapped by its size (4 door sedan) and overly weak engine of having any hope of actually trying to place in the top 10, we can never the less, have a lot of oulandish fun making our Lemon fit for the race.  See ya at the 'Hill

ifb_mole wrote:

Well we got in too, first time Lemon virgins,  Please be gentle, will it hurt? 

I hope we don't disappoint.  We all want to have fun and are already brainstorming on how to decorate our chariot to worthy Lemon status.  Since our ride is already handicapped by its size (4 door sedan) and overly weak engine of having any hope of actually trying to place in the top 10, we can never the less, have a lot of oulandish fun making our Lemon fit for the race.  See ya at the 'Hill

Just PLEASE don't make the assumption that 2 cans of spray-paint and a blow-up doll makes a theme at Lemons.. because you will then be lost in a sea of 40 other cars that made the same assumption.

Have something that NO-ONE else has.. and you will leave a lasting impression... leading to higher probability of getting in the next time.

Since this seems to be the "Wow, they actually let our sorry @$$es in!" thread, I'll join right in. 

We bow at the feet of the mighty judges that will spare our rotting tin can of crap from punishment.  We offer many thanks of scotch and whiskey, with the hope that one day we might be allowed to gaze upon thy noble faces.

And we like to fire up the grill.  Pit stops include pulled pork sandwiches.  (We're bringing some women too!)

With that, I can't wait to get in the rest of you crazy bastards way this November.  It's gonna be a blast!

Craig
The Cannonball Bandits

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

craznoe wrote:

Pit stops include pulled pork sandwiches.  (We're bringing some women too!)

I'm pitting next to these guys...

I also feel bad for the other teams - our mobile Tiki Bar won't be making the trip to Thunderhill.

Mobile Tiki Bar?!?

Did you say Mobile tiki Bar?!?!? Aw man!!!

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

"Sparky" Pete wrote:

Mobile Tiki Bar?!?

Did you say Mobile tiki Bar?!?!? Aw man!!!

It wasn't part of the car concept (probably should have been in hindsight), but rather a fun weekend project we put together a few months back - fits nicely into a full-size pickup bed.

We have two former bartenders on our "team" (are we still a team if we're not racing?), so we're constantly thinking about unique ways to imbibe.

The Size Does Matter Fury is going to Thunderhill, just got accepted.  We managed to not have any real black flags at Reno, will see if we can continue that streak.

Team Oly Express
Current car - 1964.5 Plymouth Barracuda, Former car - Size Does Matter 1967 Plymouth Fury
07 IOE Winner Thunderhill, 12 IOE Winner Sears Pointless
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Team- … 4609354407