401 (edited by Speedycop 2009-09-25 12:22 PM)

Re: Cheating bar raised at CMP

jimeditorial wrote:

I'm thinking of leaving the EGR in and just removing the air pump and A/C compressor if I can find a serpentine belt that will drive the other accessories. I have an 88 non-A/C 5.0 LX but the accessory drive is different. Speedycop, do you race these Fox Fords?

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt244/liljoe07/Tech_50belts.gif

I used to drag race 'em. Went as fast as mid 10's at 130 in my street car, before switching to my Crown Vic. Went mid 12's in that. big_smile

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Thanks Speedy! Looks like I'll have to relocate the P/S pump to drop both smog and A/C. Mid 10's is pretty fast for a streetable car....

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

remember, theirs wasn't a Fox, it was an SN95.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

jimeditorial wrote:

Thanks Speedy! Looks like I'll have to relocate the P/S pump to drop both smog and A/C. Mid 10's is pretty fast for a streetable car....

BARELY streetable. Lousy MPG and no overdrive (smallblock C6).

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

A bit late to the party, but Perpetual Downforce: you're doing it wrong. Wings are for holding gas. Put the tank back in and do it in one stint. wink

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

Considered it, but it wasn't FIA approved.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

jimeditorial wrote:

Mid-12's is pretty fast for a full-weight 4.6 2v Crown Vic too, especially a daily traffic commuter car on regular all-season radials. Man, I miss driving that thing when it was all done up. It would snap 5 necks at once. Nothing like a Vortech whistling on a stock-appearing police package Vic to make car guys look over at the light and raise an eyebrow...

Taken at E-town for the MM&FF magazine shoot:
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/8183722/aview/1051108908629_burnout1.jpg

There were plenty of imitators later on, but at the time (2002), it was THE FASTEST 4.6 Vic. I started to build an 850 HP 4.6 for it (bought the JT trim race blower, put a healthy deposit on the engine with a pro builder, etc.), but when the '05 GT came out, I had to have it, so I sold off the race parts and bought a black 5 speed stick.

I went 13.4 with under 500 miles on the 2005 Mustang GT granny shifting, and went 13.28 power shifting, still 100% factory stock. Not too shabby. Too bad I traded it in a year and a half later on the Powerstroke.

None of that drag stuff can hold a candle to Lemons, fun-wise. This race is like crack, and we are addicts!!!