Topic: Rules for Re Fueling

I heard on the live broadcast from CMP what sounded like new rules.  Can a shift changing driver come out of the car and do the re fueling while the new driver gets in?  Also, there was mention that  their needs to someone in full nomex with a fire extinguisher in hand doing re fueiling?

BARBIE MUST WIN Racing!
BMW 6 Series ... "All Bitched Out!"

Re: Rules for Re Fueling

Fueling rules seem to vary some by track.

At MSR (Houston) in February and No Problem (New Orleans)  in June you had have one person in race gear holding a fire extinguisher while the person pouring the gas was also in race gear.  You do not need to wear a neck brace but otherwise, full gear.

At MSR, you could change driver's while fueling.

At No Problem, no one could be in the car during fueling.

Fueling in race gear seems to be pretty common now.

You will also need a fire extinguisher to use during fueling.  You may be able to pull the one from you car and put it back each time.  I suggest a second extinguisher.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Thanks Troy

Anyone know about Nelson Ledges' policy?

BARBIE MUST WIN Racing!
BMW 6 Series ... "All Bitched Out!"

4 (edited by Mulry 2009-09-12 01:50 PM)

I think there's another thread around here that touches on that, but I seem to recall something about a designated fueling area at Nelson (rather than in your paddock), nobody in the car while fueling, and 2 guys required to fuel (fueler and fire extinguisher guy), both of whom must be in full firesuit regalia, including helmets. That could be off by 50% or so, so check the search tool. Cheers.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.