Topic: Thanks for the engine Integrenaders!!!!

First off, this weekend was a blast.  Great teams and hardly any Dheads in the pits.  Our ice cream car broke a connecting rod and created quite a mess of our block after 3 hours on Saturday and after finishing the last race.  The first honda team i found had a D series sitting built on a trailer.  Seems that they needed a good head and we needed a good bottom....match made in heaven.  Minus the fact that our head wasn't so good....sorry guys 
It took us the rest of the day/night to get the engine in and running....and our music going again.

While we had almost every other Honda part you could imagine in the trailer we just weren't as prepared as we thought with no internals.  I also gave away most of our spare parts over the weekend.

So, thanks again and we'll bring it back for you next year. 

Also a shout out to Infidel Racing -thanks for the food and for letting me spray paint your car.
To Monty Pythons Flying CRX for allowing your children to touch my mullet, and for the gasket material so we could make a new intake gasket.
And to Kharma Bomb Racing for the bug spray and feng shui candle for the late night engine build.

Re: Thanks for the engine Integrenaders!!!!

I heard thru the grapevine that we (#40 Malt Liquor Tech BMW E30) t-boned you guys in the Ice Cream car and fubar'ed your fuel pump wiring.   The story I got from our driver who was in the car at the time was that he was rear-ended and pushed into a couple of other cars- including yours.   In the carnage we lost our hood- even though it was pinned down in front with big ass steel hood pins, busted the radiator, tweaked the nose, completely mangled the left rear corner of the car.   We spent most of the quiet time on Sunday banging and cutting the car to get it back on track.

I brought 2 spare radiators, but both had small leaks- so our buddies from Beertech donated the radiator from their dead E30.   We had to cut the tailpipe off the car because it was bent down and almost completely crimped off any exhaust flow.  We had to chisel/cut the rear bumper off the car since it was bent down in front of the muffler- helping to block the flow.

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that we are not complete morons, and hope our hit didn't mess you up too badly.

3 (edited by Disney 2009-09-15 08:16 PM)

Nice to meet you guys!!!  One of my Teammates (bob-e) and I stopped by Saturday night to help watch your engine swap fiasco. We later sent some other racers to you to try to scam some parts for their car.

All I can say is, If there were an award for the nicest, hardest working, beer friendly racers of the weekend, it would be your guys!!!

Congrats on getting back on track!!!!!!!!

brainofjjj wrote:

Also a shout out to Infidel Racing -thanks for the food and for letting me spray paint your car..............

Glad we could help a little as LeMon virgins were  dually impressed by some the large transporters, multiple cars, equipment, and skills displayed in the paddock area by more experienced teams as the four of us (drivers/pit crew/ mechanics ... yeah right.../or “we did it all ourselves” crew) pulled in with our rented U-Haul trailer, two spare tires, a tool box your wife could lift, and a couple of fuel cans with 87 octane gas in the back of a pick-up truck. 

It was a blast and everytime you guys made a lap and I heard the music I wanted to get a quarter from my Mom and stand by the road waiting to get me a Drumstick ice cream cone just like 50 years ago (LOL)

Bill

Bill Hamilton
Infidel Racing
Team Number 3
1988 Mustang 2.3 liter with 88 Shetland ponies under the hood

Thanks for all the replies.
Ringmaster - we knew it might have been you guys all along since our driver stated he was hit by a bmw with no hood.  Too funny you guys were right beside us.  No worries on the collision, it's all part of the fun.  We had it back up and running within 15 minutes thanks to our crack crew of wrenchers.

We loved everyone coming by and cheering us on while also scamming parts.  So long as people trade me something I'm all good with giving away almost anything. 

Hey Infidels...what ya'll might have lacked in equipment you more than made up with in enthusiasm.  Hope you guys come back next year and setup beside us again.

Brian

brainofjjj wrote:

Hey Infidels...what ya'll might have lacked in equipment you more than made up with in enthusiasm.  Hope you guys come back next year and setup beside us again.

Brian

It's a date, Bubba.  :-)

Bill

Bill Hamilton
Infidel Racing
Team Number 3
1988 Mustang 2.3 liter with 88 Shetland ponies under the hood