Topic: Mazda now tied with Toyota for most Lemons wins!

With White Lightning's victory last weekend, five Mazdas have now taken the overall win at the 24 Hours Of Lemons (2 RX-7s, 2 Miatas, 1 Protege), which ties Toyota (2 Corollas, 3 Supras). Congratulations, Mazda! We think Mazda needs to start doing ads based on this achievement: "Mazda- the car so good that it can still win races when it's only worth $500!"

Totals:
Mazda: 5 wins
Toyota: 5 wins
Honda/Acura: 2 wins
BMW: 2 wins
Ford: 1 win
Volvo: 1 win
Geo: 1 win
Dodge: 1 win

Here's a post I did about the IOE and overall winners of the first 13 Lemons races.

Re: Mazda now tied with Toyota for most Lemons wins!

Nice. so from this day forth, each Mazda gets 25 laps off the bat since they are genetically predisposed to winning races of POS cars.

Hoping to see Nissan on that list before the end of the year.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Disney wrote:

Nice. so from this day forth, each Mazda gets 25 laps off the bat since they are genetically predisposed to winning races of POS cars.

No.

Troy wrote:

If all the Z teams switched to Q45s, it might happen.

MurileeMartin wrote:
Disney wrote:

No.

Tough crowd.....

How about... All rotary's get an engine tear down to expose their cheats? +500#? E85 carbs?

Disney wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:
Disney wrote:

No.

Tough crowd.....

How about... All rotary's get an engine tear down to expose their cheats? +500#? E85 carbs?

We're too lazy to tear engines apart, and most RX-7s finish in the bottom half anyway. Engine power without suspension to back it up is totally meaningless, and we're very good at spotting suspension cheats.

All you guys who scream about cheating need to remember that driver skill is the most important factor. A reasonably quick car becomes an incredibly quick car with good drivers, so all it needs to do is stay running all weekend to contend.

Nothing from England on that list. Me so sad.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Someday I will get a Jaguar on that list... oh yes... someday...

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

And maybe just as important as driver skill is TEAM STRATEGY. That's where our team failed this time. (and probably next several). Being able to make fast pit stops for fuel and driver change rules the day. At one point the SUX was actually way up on the leader board, but then we stopped for gas, driver, and 4 burgers.

To Sparky:
The fact that nothing from England made the list does not surprise anyone. English cars suck and can't hang with Japanese/American/German/Swedish/Mexican/Canadian car. Well...  Perhaps they are better than Candian cars....

"Sparky" Pete wrote:

The Frogmasters' MGB-GT was quick and reliable enough to have contended for the win at the first Houston race... but they couldn't stay out of the penalty box. Jaguar XJs have no chance in hell.

I'm still waiting for someone to show up in a GT6 with an Alfa Twin Cam engine. We'll just give that team all the awards we have.

I am convinced an English car will win some day.

That day will be when Jay makes a rule that all other entries must be from Russia, France or Poland or other random eastern Eruopean nations,

Spud

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

MurileeMartin wrote:

All you guys who scream about cheating need to remember that driver skill is the most important factor. A reasonably quick car becomes an incredibly quick car with good drivers, so all it needs to do is stay running all weekend to contend.

You think a bunch of guys wanna admit that *gasp* they just got outdrove?

<--Got out drove by the McQueen car

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

this makes me happy, esp given that our Lemons stable includes 4 toyotas and 1 mazda.  and an audi.  um, and a chevy citation.  and maybe a honda; i'm not sure.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

We'll be at T-hill trying to put Chevrolet (specifically 'Roger and Me' Chevy) on the top of the crapheaps.

We've got the whole "rear wheels fall off after 'x' miles of high-G cornering" thing solved, which was actually known BY GM in 1982 during durability testing.

The bastards decided that since the vast majority of Cavaliers and especially Cimarrons would never be asked to go around corners in a meaningful way that the rear wheel bearing assembly was fine costing $1.98 instead of $1.99.

So we've fixed it with a couple trips to Pick your Part and massive re-engineering.

The team members who went off as the brakes failed have all been suitably chastised/made to monkey on our team scooter sidecar in the Berkeley hills- which may not sound like much punishment, but believe me there's a high chance of significant injury on that thing.

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 143 races and counting.
2/25/24

X-args wrote:

We'll be at T-hill trying to put Chevrolet (specifically 'Roger and Me' Chevy) on the top of the crapheaps.

We've got the whole "rear wheels fall off after 'x' miles of high-G cornering" thing solved, which was actually known BY GM in 1982 during durability testing.

The bastards decided that since the vast majority of Cavaliers and especially Cimarrons would never be asked to go around corners in a meaningful way that the rear wheel bearing assembly was fine costing $1.98 instead of $1.99.

So we've fixed it with a couple trips to Pick your Part and massive re-engineering.

The team members who went off as the brakes failed have all been suitably chastised/made to monkey on our team scooter sidecar in the Berkeley hills- which may not sound like much punishment, but believe me there's a high chance of significant injury on that thing.

lol  I can't wait to see pics of this sidecar in action!

That Cavalier might be the first GM product to win Lemons. I'm pretty sure it won't be a Camaro.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Jaguar XJs have no chance in hell.

Now I'm even more determined... wish I could get my XJS to Thunderhill but TWR couldn't ship it back from England fast enough.

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

"Sparky" Pete wrote:

I think our mini could contend...

No, seriously.

Come on... stop laughing.

Enough already.

Alright, now that's just rude.

Fine! If fuel rationing were introduced then maybe.

Troy wrote:

HA HA HA!!!!!

A Nissan?

Ha!

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"