Re: Lamest Day coming up quick - who's still building?

shit... too much to do still. paint, kill switch, padding, finish wiring the lights.... AUGH

upside is the car runs well (prolly until i start hacking the ingnition relays for the kill switch) the black shit in the master cylinder was replaced with -ACTUAL- brake fluid, got a windshield put in (the other one had a massive splash crack from the 10 point buck it hit) some lighs...sorta mounted then ghetto rigged to the OEM harness for daytime running lights, belts reinstalled after a tech snafu... ok crap im going to bed.

127 (edited by Bryan KF8G 2009-10-01 03:26 AM)

MurileeMartin wrote:

I was just kidding. We've seen plenty of teams start the car for the very first time about 3 hours into the race.

Or like the  team that thrashed on the car all night at the hotel at Toledo last year only to run about the first hour before the motor packed up...

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

MurileeMartin wrote:

I was just kidding. We've seen plenty of teams start the car for the very first time about 3 hours into the race.

Unfortunately that might be us this time.  However, Murilee, don't we have to get it through tech from 2-5 tomorrow?  If a car isn't firing, how does it go through tech?

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

haha who said it had to run to get through tech ? hahah

Team Magnum PI ness  #357  -

106th place at Nelson Ledges - The Lamest Days
-oil pressure failure leading to engine failure

How do they test the kill switch if it's already killed?  LOL

I think we'll get done, but if its raining tomorrow it will be no fun!

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

i think as long as the engine is in less than a dozen pieces when the green drops, you're ahead of the game.

jer, we should have adequate canopy coverage for wrenching.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

RobL wrote:
sbarton wrote:

Was hoping to just tuck behind a car with bright lights and just follow them around.  hmm

That will be hard, no one goes that slow.

I was afraid of that.  Guess we will have to install lights after all.  sad

-Scott

Scott Barton

Buzz Killington wrote:
Clueless Racing Reed wrote:

The guy at the shop said we could have it as long as we get it off the floor in his shop.  He said it "has issues" but nothing that can't be resolved with some gaskets and a little welding.

that sounds promising.

*snicker*

It gets better.  We picked it up and it was full of what looked like iced coffee gone soupy.  It ran at around 2:30 this morning....kind of......

Bryan KF8G wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Or like the  team that thrashed on the car all night at the hotel at Toledo last year only to run about the first hour before the motor packed up...

Rubber biscuit. they blew their original motor at CMP 08 at the very very end. blew that one at toledo (i was using my headlights to help them out) and 8minutes after the green flag flew at CMP09 they blew their third.

Poor guys. they're a force to be reckoned with when they're running.

-is only on the computer to beg for a paycheck from his boss and nevously stare down the UPS tracking page for brake pads-