Re: 24 Hours of ECR--is it too soon to talk about it?

My wifes Cooper S is Yellow, you have some painting to do.

racerxr wrote:
Judge Scott wrote:

Mini Pooper

No, Pooper Saloon :-)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Io8s1LRDO9c/T7rTp8xPdUI/AAAAAAAAAQ8/ACt9Bvyzk4A/s1600/IMG_1658.JPG

Justice...with a smile.

cpchampion wrote:
Markdas wrote:

EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Is that the same noise you made last year when you went off-roading in the E30, Mark? smile

I'm getting quite psyched now. Enough of the to-do list is checked off to look forward to things.
What time will Pulp Friction be arriving?

Nope, that was more a double scream (had to draw breath mid offroading, and realised I was still going)!

We plan to leave Houston at about 8.30-9am Friday morning and get there I guess 6 hours later......we are in the covered area this time as we don't expect anything to break, fail, blow up or fall off, should be quite an uneventful race I think!!!!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

Markdas wrote:

We plan to leave Houston at about 8.30-9am Friday morning and get there I guess 6 hours later......we are in the covered area this time as we don't expect anything to break, fail, blow up or fall off, should be quite an uneventful race I think!!!!

We'll be on the road a little bit behind you, I think. We're also in the covered area so hopefully we can set up near each other.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

We Or-y-gun-ians ar looking forward to some sun.  Please keep in mind we haven't been exposed to sun in over 9 months, and it will be 58 degrees when we leave.  We may be a little confused when we hit the ground at 2am Saturday.  But hey, sunshine and racing are worth traveling for!!!!!

Putting the "dirty" in Dirty Little Freaks Racing
~stalk us on facebook

Judge Scott wrote:

My wifes Cooper S is Yellow, you have some painting to do.

My girlfriend and co-driver's Mini is yellow too.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1Y1PujBXIiM/T7CP4UuTBYI/AAAAAAAAAPs/C4dPQmlh8nE/s1600/IMG_1566_sm.JPG
There she is passing Mustangs and 'Vettes at ECR a few weeks ago.

I'm only allowed one yellow Mini in the garage.  So, it'll have to stay "british racing" green :-(

2012 North Dallas Hooptie Judge's Choice Winners
If life gives you Lemons, install racing brakes!
https://www.facebook.com/JoBoRacing

disarrae wrote:

We Or-y-gun-ians ar looking forward to some sun.  Please keep in mind we haven't been exposed to sun in over 9 months, and it will be 58 degrees when we leave.  We may be a little confused when we hit the ground at 2am Saturday.  But hey, sunshine and racing are worth traveling for!!!!!

Oh, so that isn't a suntan you have, but rust?   smile

I sincerely wish I could be there also, but my work situation is so tenuous that I don't dare take the time off.   I hope that you, CrazyMike, and everyone else have a great time!

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

232 (edited by NSF 2012-05-24 01:14 PM)

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/553561_3989104534805_1496580067_33471824_1632046024_n.jpg

We're on the way!!   Take a look.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/540342_3990654813561_1496580067_33472400_755848256_n.jpg]

Follow our progress! Click Here.!

A true marvel of Japanese engineering.

This space for rent.

Looks like we are in need of welder for a few last items.  Should be up there Thursday night to snag a spot next to HQ. I won't be there till late friday night.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

NSF wrote:

We're on the way!!   Take a look.

Craig loves this one!

A true marvel of Japanese engineering.

Huh.  Looks like you've got a tailgater on your hands - in a crappy cordia no less.  How is it keeping up with the truck?

I cry myself to sleep at night with that tune endlessly repeating in my head.  It keeps the voices quiet.

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

Fear the tape!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/LowFlyinOK/Civic%20Tape-R/2012-05-24022355.jpg

Team OK-Speed : Civic Tape-R and Spec Piñata (RIP)
2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

We SHOULD be up there Friday morning, but we just discovered a power steering leak that has us stumped (seriously, after tearing down the whole motor this happens!?!??).  Plus our garage is still such a damn mess we can't even find tools let alone pack them.

Can't wait to be loaded up and on the road.

2011: Gator-o-Rama, North Dallas Hooptie, Garrapatas Peligrosas GP
2012: Yee-Haw it's Lemons Texas!, North Dallas Hooptie
2013: North Dallas Hooptie

Sledge wrote:

We SHOULD be up there Friday morning, but we just discovered a power steering leak that has us stumped (seriously, after tearing down the whole motor this happens!?!??).  Plus our garage is still such a damn mess we can't even find tools let alone pack them.

Can't wait to be loaded up and on the road.

After last weekend i learned powersteering is just one more thing to go wrong when we blew up ours backing of the trailer, best of luck to you lads!

2011 Organizers choice at Garrapatas Peligrosas GP as a Rookie team! 2011 Yee-Haw its Lemons Scruffy Nerf Herder 1991 Dodge Daytona IROC Shelby R/T Charger, 2012 Yee-Haw its Lemons 1972 RX2 IOE WINNERS!!!!, 2012 North Dallas Hooptie the arrival of JUDGE FRANK! 2012 Gator-rama in the 1977 Mustang II, 2012 Season Ender the HONORABLE JUDGE FRANK! 2013 BFE GP in the K-Car and an I Got Screwed Award

Jackasic wrote:

Looks like we are in need of welder for a few last items.  Should be up there Thursday night to snag a spot next to HQ. I won't be there till late friday night.

Next to HQ will be the spot to be in, 4sho!!!

2011 Organizers choice at Garrapatas Peligrosas GP as a Rookie team! 2011 Yee-Haw its Lemons Scruffy Nerf Herder 1991 Dodge Daytona IROC Shelby R/T Charger, 2012 Yee-Haw its Lemons 1972 RX2 IOE WINNERS!!!!, 2012 North Dallas Hooptie the arrival of JUDGE FRANK! 2012 Gator-rama in the 1977 Mustang II, 2012 Season Ender the HONORABLE JUDGE FRANK! 2013 BFE GP in the K-Car and an I Got Screwed Award

Power steering is for girls....we ditched ours due to the pump eating the lower rad hose!

We are heading out of Houston at 9am, should be there at 3pm-ish!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

240 (edited by Mulry 2012-10-30 12:58 PM)

So, if you guys are interested in having another overnight race next May, now would probably be a good time to send Jay and Nick some friendly emails about how much fun you had at the race last year and how you will beg them to let us race overnight again in 2013. I don't mean to start a riot or anything, but it's a pretty opportune moment...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

241 (edited by Tripod 2012-10-30 01:22 PM)

Mulry wrote:

So, if you guys are interested in having another overnight race next May, now would probably be a good time to send Jay and Nick some friendly emails about how much fun you had at the race last year and how you will beg them to let us race overnight again in 2013. I don't mean to start a riot or anything, but it's a pretty opportune moment...

So we had a blast at the 24 hour race...and we would do it again! We should want to do it again...it was our best finish all year.

However - I think I like the party atmosphere of the 2 day race more - is this BLASPHEMY?!?!? Racing for 24 hours is HARD (on you body, pocket book and especially our Jeep). We really enjoy hanging around the track on Fri/Sat night drinkin' beer with everyone and meeting new and old friends!

Team TGTW Offroad Racing
7 TIME LOSER - 1997 Jeep Cherokee and 1989 Jeep Comanche
Winner of the inaugural  2012 Cherokee Cup

Tripod wrote:
Mulry wrote:

So we had a blast at the 24 hour race...and we would do it again! We should want to do it again...it was our best finish all year.

However - I think I like the party atmosphere of the 2 day race more - is this BLASPHEMY?!?!? Racing for 24 hours is HARD (on you body, pocket book and especially our Jeep). We really enjoy hanging around the track on Fri/Sat night drinkin' beer with everyone and meeting new and old friends!

I didnt get a full dose of the true hardships of the 24hour race, since I was shuttling myself back and forth from the house the whole weekend. I will say that my team generally all had a good time, and want to do a 24 again, but we also like the overnight break we get at the non 24h races.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs