Re: 24 Hours of ECR--is it too soon to talk about it?

the miata's motor was pulled after TWS....and it's still not back in.

the new car's cage showed up last week....it might start going in wednesday. i assume we'll put its motor in at some point as well.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

What time will the gates open on Friday for test and tune?  Will we be able to camp overnight Friday?  I think I saw a post on this, but cannot find it.

Organizer's Choice Award 2011 Heaps in Heart of Texas
IOE 2012 North Dallas Hooptie
2014 ECR Class C WIN;  2015 MSR Class B WIN
Speedy Monzales

Were nowhere near finished, but it should be lots of fun.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r119/Baron733/20120429_182452.jpg

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

very nice!

Team OK-Speed

I just got a message from my Nephew, the new owner of the Cordia.  He said he's adding a Volvo inter-cooler.  I asked him why.  He started some mumbo-jumbo about reserve power and even acceleration.

I told him that it was just a filter to keep the turbo parts out of the intake. 

Don't tailgate that thing boys...  It's gonna scatter.

This space for rent.

156 (edited by Sledge 2012-05-14 07:47 PM)

Pro-tip: Do a compression test right after every race, not one week before every race.

Just found out tonight we have 0 psi on #7.

2011: Gator-o-Rama, North Dallas Hooptie, Garrapatas Peligrosas GP
2012: Yee-Haw it's Lemons Texas!, North Dallas Hooptie
2013: North Dallas Hooptie

Gate will be open at 10 Friday morning. T & T runs from 2-10pm & yes camping is allowed.
We look forward to seeing  all of you at the Canyon! If you need anything let me or Maggie know..
LL

you guys are still the best!

Team OK-Speed

Sledge wrote:

Pro-tip: Do a compression test right after every race, not one week before every race.

Just found out tonight we have 0 psi on #7.

There's seven more where that came from, you're only down 12.5% on power.

Baron wrote:

looks better than i though it would

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Hoonatic Racing wrote:
Baron wrote:

looks better than i though it would

Are they ever really finished?  Maybe after the crusher-man hands you $150 scrap price.  Then they're done.

This space for rent.

well my heads should be back friday, then the real fun starts.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

i'm about 30% thru building the cage in one car, and i haven't touched the lighting for the other car, yet.

i understand the other car started last night....so that's a plus, i guess.

Team OK-Speed

164 (edited by IgnoranteWest 2012-05-15 01:35 PM)

Well, I was hoping to find enough interested drivers to campaign the Alamo Tercel at this race, but it wasn't meant to be.  Between it being memorial day weekend, and graduations, and people being wussies because we are running a race the weekend before and they think theyll be tired...

So Instead I'll be filling a slot for Brian on the property devaluation wagon team.  I'm gonna fill that slot good, fill that slot real real good.

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

Entertainment for Friday night -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … wiC-MyL1Qs

Team OK-Speed : Civic Tape-R and Spec Piñata (RIP)
2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

This is gonna be nuts. We can barely manage a 15-hour race with an entire evening half-way through to fix a litany of issues that pop up. How the heLL are we going to survive 24 hours straight? We have NO idea what our pit strategy will be. And maybe that's for the best...

Team Miagra
11 races. 7 finishes, 4 DNFs, 4 Top 10s, 1 win, countless good times...

Yep..
I hope we get it all together..  we'll see. 
Any idea on how many cars will be there?

Cheers
Rich B.
Chief Apologist, Z-Wrecks..

I think we will be sleeping in the Penalty Box, I will need a portable AC unti if anyone has one and a Get Out of Jail Free card for a Judge-Mobile.  I like odd but will take anything with wheels.  We also need the Habitat for Dogmanity / Dog House if someone wants to haul it to Dallas, I promise to not put you in it.

Justice...with a smile.

Gawd, just over a week to get ready... we're doing OK but of course the work expands to fill all time available.

I broke a light on the Neon reinstalling things. Brakes are upgraded but I'm sure still totally inadequate for the task. 944 lights are mounted but wiring is incomplete. Replacements for the blown rear shocks haven't even arrived yet. Mike's driving all the way from CA with the Beetle and I think we may need to greet him with a trank gun to make sure he gets some rest as soon as he arrives. Heat index could be nasty according to long-range guesses forecasts.

Despite all that, I'm really looking forward to this event... can't wait!

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

170 (edited by Tripod 2012-05-16 09:53 AM)

Is a 'stinger' or 'bull-bar' legal to protect the aux. lights we mount for these 24 hour races? Rule 3.1.2 seems to outlaw such an item - it's purpose is to protect the lights but one could argue that it's a 'crash-bar'.

We got our lights mounted up on the Border Patrol Cherokee last night - We were lucky that one of our desert racer friends loaned us his light bar (not LED - don't worry).

I would like to weld a bumper 'extension' to protect the lights just in case one of us does something stupid and makes contact with something. Not the best pix but something like this on the bumper:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/InDashop/Mint400%202011/IMG_0843.jpg

Team TGTW Offroad Racing
7 TIME LOSER - 1997 Jeep Cherokee and 1989 Jeep Comanche
Winner of the inaugural  2012 Cherokee Cup

Judge Scott wrote:

I think we will be sleeping in the Penalty Box, I will need a portable AC unti if anyone has one and a Get Out of Jail Free card for a Judge-Mobile.  I like odd but will take anything with wheels.  We also need the Habitat for Dogmanity / Dog House if someone wants to haul it to Dallas, I promise to not put you in it.

I'm not sure what is in store for us, i'm leaning on my teammates pretty hard right now just to get the Mustang started and prepped, while hanging out in the hospital trying to keep my wife from going into labor early. I'll provide a doctors note for the Jeeps absence if needed.

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

Tripod wrote:

Is a 'stinger' or 'bull-bar' legal to protect the aux. lights we mount for these 24 hour races? Rule 3.1.2 seems to outlaw such an item - it's purpose is to protect the lights but one could argue that it's a 'crash-bar'.

We got our lights mounted up on the Border Patrol Cherokee last night - We were lucky that one of our desert racer friends loaned us his light bar (not LED - don't worry).

I would like to weld a bumper 'extension' to protect the lights just in case one of us does something stupid and makes contact with something.

I assume that you're putting the light bar on the front bumper, unlike in the photo. Roof-mounted lights are prohibited.

The no-nerf-bar rule goes back to the early Altamont days when things got a little too demo-derby. I suspect that if you used small diameter tubing (like the vertical tubing between the lights in your photo) in front of the lights, that would be okay since the clear intent would be to protect the lights and not to turn the front of your truck into a battering ram. But the general rule is that bumper-additions have to be within the original body contour/lines to not be considered a nerf-bar. And even then, I've had some tech guys give me some crap for using tube bumpers instead of the factory crap bumpers on the MR2.

This might warrant an email to Pagel if you want to just make sure.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

cpchampion wrote:

944 lights are mounted but wiring is incomplete.

That's probably about 940 too many in this writer's opinion. big_smile

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

Racin_G73 wrote:
cpchampion wrote:

944 lights are mounted but wiring is incomplete.

That's probably about 940 too many in this writer's opinion. big_smile

I see what you did there

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

175 (edited by Tripod 2012-05-16 01:48 PM)

Mulry wrote:
Tripod wrote:

I would like to weld a bumper 'extension' to protect the lights just in case one of us does something stupid and makes contact with something.

I assume that you're putting the light bar on the front bumper, unlike in the photo. Roof-mounted lights are prohibited.

The no-nerf-bar rule goes back to the early Altamont days when things got a little too demo-derby. I suspect that if you used small diameter tubing (like the vertical tubing between the lights in your photo) in front of the lights, that would be okay since the clear intent would be to protect the lights and not to turn the front of your truck into a battering ram. But the general rule is that bumper-additions have to be within the original body contour/lines to not be considered a nerf-bar. And even then, I've had some tech guys give me some crap for using tube bumpers instead of the factory crap bumpers on the MR2.

This might warrant an email to Pagel if you want to just make sure.

Thanks for the response...Yes - lights are on the bumper -
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/533301_351288738258659_290534901000710_916957_1742112541_n.jpg

Team TGTW Offroad Racing
7 TIME LOSER - 1997 Jeep Cherokee and 1989 Jeep Comanche
Winner of the inaugural  2012 Cherokee Cup