Re: 24 Hours of ECR--is it too soon to talk about it?

The sombrero lights are working so all indicators are good.

Speedy Monzales
- Organizers' Choice Dec 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas
- IOE May 2012 North Dallas Hooptie
woo hoo

WELLLLLLL......Im not sure who the loose nut behind the wheel of this operation is that decided it would be a good idea to ask me to be a Judge but it is official!!!!! Judge Frank will be at ECR handing out some TEXAS JUSTICE with Judge Scott(who by the way just bought a new house which an empty liquor cabinet and thing for diecast cars...hint, hint)! We will be setting up the CAMPGROUNDS of REPENTANCE, so come find us if you are in need....or we will find you! ALL HAIL CHUCK NORRIS!

2011 Organizers choice at Garrapatas Peligrosas GP as a Rookie team! 2011 Yee-Haw its Lemons Scruffy Nerf Herder 1991 Dodge Daytona IROC Shelby R/T Charger, 2012 Yee-Haw its Lemons 1972 RX2 IOE WINNERS!!!!, 2012 North Dallas Hooptie the arrival of JUDGE FRANK! 2012 Gator-rama in the 1977 Mustang II, 2012 Season Ender the HONORABLE JUDGE FRANK! 2013 BFE GP in the K-Car and an I Got Screwed Award

Will Phil be joining us?

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Baron wrote:

Will Phil be joining us?

Regretfully as of right now I do not believe that Judge Phil will be with us this weekend.

2011 Organizers choice at Garrapatas Peligrosas GP as a Rookie team! 2011 Yee-Haw its Lemons Scruffy Nerf Herder 1991 Dodge Daytona IROC Shelby R/T Charger, 2012 Yee-Haw its Lemons 1972 RX2 IOE WINNERS!!!!, 2012 North Dallas Hooptie the arrival of JUDGE FRANK! 2012 Gator-rama in the 1977 Mustang II, 2012 Season Ender the HONORABLE JUDGE FRANK! 2013 BFE GP in the K-Car and an I Got Screwed Award

LindaLou wrote:

Gate will be open at 10 Friday morning. T & T runs from 2-10pm & yes camping is allowed.
We look forward to seeing  all of you at the Canyon! If you need anything let me or Maggie know..
LL

Here are a few noob questions. Thanks for any help. I think the first two questions are for LindaLou but anyone who has done a 24 hour race or been to ECR may have answers...

1) During our team's first race at TWS we did inspections prior to getting out on the track for test & tune. At ECR, inspections will be Saturday...the day after. Is there any sort of inspection required prior to us going out on the track for test & tune? Or is just a driver's meeting?

2) We have a passenger seat with all the same safety features required for the driver per Lemons rules. Can we have passengers in the car during test/tune (fully dressed with all the same safety equipment required by the driver)? We're not selling rides on the track - just trying to 'double-down' on getting our drivers familiar with the track.

3) During the race - can we fuel in the pit area or is fueling only allowed in the hot pits and/or track fuel station? At TWS it was only hot pit/track fuel station...I'm not aware if that is a standing Lemons rule or if it changes from track to track.

Team TGTW Offroad Racing
7 TIME LOSER - 1997 Jeep Cherokee and 1989 Jeep Comanche
Winner of the inaugural  2012 Cherokee Cup

Tripod wrote:

3) During the race - can we fuel in the pit area or is fueling only allowed in the hot pits and/or track fuel station? At TWS it was only hot pit/track fuel station...I'm not aware if that is a standing Lemons rule or if it changes from track to track.

I'll leave answers 1 & 2 to LindaLou, the authoritative source, but each of the previous 4 times I've been to ECR fueling has only been allowed at hot pit or the fuel pumps. I'd be very surprised if that were changed.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Tripod wrote:
LindaLou wrote:

Gate will be open at 10 Friday morning. T & T runs from 2-10pm & yes camping is allowed.
We look forward to seeing  all of you at the Canyon! If you need anything let me or Maggie know..
LL

Here are a few noob questions. Thanks for any help. I think the first two questions are for LindaLou but anyone who has done a 24 hour race or been to ECR may have answers...

1) During our team's first race at TWS we did inspections prior to getting out on the track for test & tune. At ECR, inspections will be Saturday...the day after. Is there any sort of inspection required prior to us going out on the track for test & tune? Or is just a driver's meeting?

2) We have a passenger seat with all the same safety features required for the driver per Lemons rules. Can we have passengers in the car during test/tune (fully dressed with all the same safety equipment required by the driver)? We're not selling rides on the track - just trying to 'double-down' on getting our drivers familiar with the track.

No tech necessary for T & T. Yes you can have a passenger, actually it's good for learning the track.

can someone point me in the right direction for times for the race like when its going to start i cant seem to remember where it is from last time?

blackfocal wrote:

can someone point me in the right direction for times for the race like when its going to start i cant seem to remember where it is from last time?

Pretty sure it's from 3pm Sat to 3pm Sun.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

No tech necessary for T & T. Yes you can have a passenger, actually it's good for learning the track.

Hi Linda Lou, it was nice to see you at TWS this weekend, I was in the pit right in front of yall in the Alamo toyota... sorry your car had issues and didnt finish.  We had our share of mechanical issues after midnight, finished the race but the toyota got rode hard and put up wet, a wheel bearing and a half shaft and engine mount are toast.

For T&T this Friday, does it have to be a crapcan, or are other cars allowed?

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

Here is our light setup (apologies for the out of focus pic, its from a phone)

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k553/npmeier/2012-05-12233137.jpg

And here is what the inside of #2 cylinder looks like:

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k553/npmeier/2012-05-13124509.jpg

Can't wait for the race, or for our car to be running...

2011: Gator-o-Rama, North Dallas Hooptie, Garrapatas Peligrosas GP
2012: Yee-Haw it's Lemons Texas!, North Dallas Hooptie
2013: North Dallas Hooptie

We finally got our Straight 6 Pack Racing Shiner Bock Supra back together last weekend - the thing actually works a full week before the race - I am a little confused as to what to keep me busy between now and then.

Preview on a bribe - we installed a tap on our spoiler to mimic a bar.  Should be pouring Shiner Ruby Red off the back of the car during awards...Bring a cup!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-jeEvRzU7UM8/T7urWgFOmYI/AAAAAAAAEK4/8l_8zsiVuQM/w352-h263-n-k/photo%2B4.JPG

And out light setup - 3 lights on each relay.  We swore off 24 hour races after a disaster in NOLA and removed stock headlights.  dumb dumb dumb...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Sad5bv7m4XI/T7urWs-5x8I/AAAAAAAAELA/J86stozA1X4/w712-h532-k/photo%2B2.JPG

looking at the amount of candle power everyone is bringing, and since the track is supplying some lights for the exciting areas, i'm beginning to wonder if we can't just get by with a couple flashlights and some duct tape.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

214 (edited by IgnoranteWest 2012-05-22 09:26 AM)

Having just finished the TWS 24 last weekend, i can confirm that

AIM IS EVERYTHING.

We were rocking a pair of 25 dollar halogen H3 foglights and a pair of $9 harbor freight KC-type knockoffs, one had a regular 55w H3 halogen, the other had an 35w HID bulb in it.  The HID didnt really throw noticeably more light...

We spent an hour aiming the lights and it made ALL the difference.

None of our drivers complained about not being able to see...

Know the speeds your car will go and aim appropriately.  Your corner lights should be low, and scatter light very wide, and your driving lights should be as high as possible and throw light as far and narrow as possible.

Also dont fall for the blue halogen bulbs. Get clear ones, we did a sidebyside comparison and got 3x the light output from clear over the blue tinted that came with the fogs.

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

If anybody needs a great set of RT-615K 205/50R15 for the race we have an extra set.  Go here for info:

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … p?id=16196

Team Operation

EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 3 sleeps and we are there!!!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

robertm wrote:

If anybody needs a great set of RT-615K 205/50R15 for the race we have an extra set.  Go here for info:

hey LindaLou and others... I've forgotten, do y'all have a tire-mounting machine on site?

Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Markdas wrote:

EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 3 sleeps and we are there!!!

Must be nice...  I'll be lucky if I get a third of that.

Team OK-Speed : Civic Tape-R and Spec Piñata (RIP)
2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

cpchampion wrote:
robertm wrote:

hey LindaLou and others... I've forgotten, do y'all have a tire-mounting machine on site?

Yes - they have stuff out there.  They have remounted a tire for me before that popped off the bead during an off-road adventure.

Markdas wrote:

EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Is that the same noise you made last year when you went off-roading in the E30, Mark? smile

I'm getting quite psyched now. Enough of the to-do list is checked off to look forward to things.
What time will Pulp Friction be arriving?

74 races so far.

IgnoranteWest wrote:

Hi Linda Lou, it was nice to see you at TWS this weekend, I was in the pit right in front of yall in the Alamo toyota... sorry your car had issues and didnt finish.  We had our share of mechanical issues after midnight, finished the race but the toyota got rode hard and put up wet, a wheel bearing and a half shaft and engine mount are toast.

For T&T this Friday, does it have to be a crapcan, or are other cars allowed?

It was good to see you too. Yes other cars are allowed, no prob.

I'm looking forward to running with everyone this weekend. We've revived Fred (MR2, #110) and should be finishing getting him ready tomorrow. We were Gasholes last weekend now with Fred we are E-Lemonators! LOL

racerxr wrote:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xMVc2827KY8/T7nRMhqVlHI/AAAAAAAAAQw/FhyFsObg9PU/s1600/IMG_1598.JPG

Mini Pooper

Justice...with a smile.

As far as I know, and that seams to be a decent amount on some days, this will be the Scott and Frank show in the penalty box.  Phil has the weekend off after what looks some serious work over the last 5 months.  I need the escape from reality for a few days.  The question is do we stay and party Sunday night and come home on Monday.  What say you?

Justice...with a smile.

Judge Scott wrote:

As far as I know, and that seams to be a decent amount on some days, this will be the Scott and Frank show in the penalty box.  Phil has the weekend off after what looks some serious work over the last 5 months.  I need the escape from reality for a few days.  The question is do we stay and party Sunday night and come home on Monday.  What say you?

We are partying Friday night and then Monday. (If we are awake.)

Actually my team is. I'm in labor and delivery with te wife, coaching her to hang on a week or so.....

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Judge Scott wrote:

Mini Pooper

No, Pooper Saloon :-)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Io8s1LRDO9c/T7rTp8xPdUI/AAAAAAAAAQ8/ACt9Bvyzk4A/s1600/IMG_1658.JPG

2012 North Dallas Hooptie Judge's Choice Winners
If life gives you Lemons, install racing brakes!
https://www.facebook.com/JoBoRacing