Re: Lamest Day questions and hopefully inteligent answers from the track!!

cbustapeck wrote:
oneday wrote:
harddriveracing.com wrote:

Oh yeah what about booze rules?  Glass or cans?

Name a booze worth drinking that comes in a can. I dare you.

Oh, there are plenty of beers worth drinking that come in cans.

Those large, heavy, metal things that you hook a tap into, those are cans, right?

Well, technically not, as they are actually barrels. But I think we can let that slide.

I'll be bringing the finest in box wine. Stupid celiac disease.

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

As I understand the rules the ONLY folks drinking anything alcoholic are the spectators. 

Once the track goes green all drivers & crew are to remain 100% dry until the checker.

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

Spud wrote:

As I understand the rules the ONLY folks drinking anything alcoholic are the spectators. 

Once the track goes green all drivers & crew are to remain 100% dry until the checker.

I knew there was a reason I that I'm not running a car this year.

cbustapeck wrote:
Spud wrote:

I knew there was a reason I that I'm not running a car this year.

Wait. That came out wrong. You know what I mean.

What time does the gate close Thurs night or does it?  We have some VERY late arrivals...

BUMP

...for someone who actually has a real question...

Fukushima Sushi Delivery
POS 325e

coco wrote:

What time does the gate close Thurs night or does it?  We have some VERY late arrivals...

BUMP

...for someone who actually has a real question...

RIF.  Post 4

Registration will start at 12 noon on Thursday and hopefully be open all night through the weekend!!!

Mod Squad Racing
http://twosrus.com

there is booze NOT worth drinking?!?!?!???

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

We'll have someone at the gate all night.

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

Oh yeah what about booze rules?  Glass or cans?

Whatever works for you. Just don't go out for night practice after downing a 12 pack!!! LOL

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

Spud wrote:

Yes, that is true! I wouldn't want to be the driver that was caught by Jay under the influence.

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

neverturnedawrench wrote:

Are all tickets for The Lamest Day 24HoL @ Nelson Ledges sold out? The link (http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEv … Id=1277594) for weekend passes for this event on TicketWeb states:

We're sorry, there are no tickets currently available through TicketWeb.

Will tickets be available at the gate?

They're probably saying sold out cause they can't promise shipping to be on time. Yea, there will be tickets at the gate.

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

Buzz Killington wrote:

there is booze NOT worth drinking?!?!?!???

Yes, Buzz, there is.  I know you lawyer types have problems and can drink anything under the sun, but for those of us with discriminating palettes Mad Dog 20 20 doesn't qualify as wine.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Bryan KF8G wrote:
Spud wrote:

Yes, that is true! I wouldn't want to be the driver that was caught by Jay under the influence.

I saw this, it wasn't pretty.

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

Bryan:

We are coming down from Canada for the race.

I called the track a few weeks ago, and the person I spoke to said they couldn't guarantee that the gates would be open late on Friday night if we chose to come down Friday night.

However, I saw one of your reply posts that said someone would be at the gate all night Thursday night.

I am a bit confused.

If we drive down Friday night and get there around Midnight or 1 in the morning, will someone be there selling spectator tickets for us to get in?

Thanks

The Happy Track Fan

Your car needs to be there Friday afternoon with at least one driver, to go through tech. Unless you made some special arrangements, better rethink your travel times.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

RobL wrote:

I saw this, it wasn't pretty.

Oh man...I bet he got mid-evil on that idiot.  Where was it?

We are the people your parents warned you about.

Sorry Bryan:

I forgot to mention that we were coming down strictly as spectators and not as competitors.

We just want to know if we can get in at late hours Friday night no matter what time we arrive.

We would rather do that, than get up at the crack of dawn Saturday to make it for the Noon start time.

Thanks.

The Happy Track Fan

What post?

Whoa...magic.

Did that post go to the bathroom when you stopped for gas?  big_smile

Mod Squad Racing
http://twosrus.com

Yeah, I have some random hangers-on spectator-types asking me if they can get in on Friday.  Can they buy the $25 ticket then?

The Happy Track Fan wrote:

Bryan:

We are coming down from Canada for the race.

I called the track a few weeks ago, and the person I spoke to said they couldn't guarantee that the gates would be open late on Friday night if we chose to come down Friday night.

However, I saw one of your reply posts that said someone would be at the gate all night Thursday night.

I am a bit confused.

If we drive down Friday night and get there around Midnight or 1 in the morning, will someone be there selling spectator tickets for us to get in?

Thanks

The Happy Track Fan

Yes... One way or another we will have the gates open for 24 hours all through the weekend. Thurs/Friday especially.

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

Stevo wrote:

Yeah, I have some random hangers-on spectator-types asking me if they can get in on Friday.  Can they buy the $25 ticket then?

Yep!!! They are more than welcome!!

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

Bryan, this might have been asked already, but do you know if the "local" gas stations are open 24 hours?  We haven't decided yet if we are travelling for gas or using tanker gas at the track.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

FYI for those still wondering about bringing firewood

http://www.agr.state.il.us/eab/data/200901029765.pdf

http://www.agr.state.il.us/eab/

Kevin

KTL wrote:

FYI for those still wondering about bringing firewood

http://www.agr.state.il.us/eab/data/200901029765.pdf

http://www.agr.state.il.us/eab/

well thats wonderful info   but the race is in OHIO               Bryan     I was thinking of buying a couple cords from your amish buddy friday and bringing them in with my small dump truck ( which will be up there anyway )   ,   save people the trouble of chasing down your buddy at all hours   Im thinking it would be a nice convienience for everybody camping to have wood AT the track and even having the truck kind of " make rounds " to deliver it       Im going to have at least 4 people up there anyway all weekend             also need to know if I will have access to the paddock etc with my 2 tow trucks   I have recieved some e mails from teams asking if i will be able to lift and move heavy stuff for them ( engines, equipment ,or even the whole car if it needs drastic repairs etc)  and at least one team thats going let me get the car instead of hauling it home.       just dont want to tell people I will be able to help and then not be able to      Jay had already E mailed me back and said as far as He is concerned it was fine    just wanted to check with you           thanks ,   Bruce        "prime suspect"

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"