Re: Lamest Day questions and hopefully inteligent answers from the track!!

Stevo wrote:

Yeah, I have some random hangers-on spectator-types asking me if they can get in on Friday.  Can they buy the $25 ticket then?

Yes.

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

Jeff G 78 wrote:

Bryan, this might have been asked already, but do you know if the "local" gas stations are open 24 hours?  We haven't decided yet if we are travelling for gas or using tanker gas at the track.

The Speedway in Garrettsville is 24/7. We will remind then the fill up for thee weekend. Although, I don't know the fianl price just yet, it won't be bend over and grab your ankles!!!

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

Will bending over and grabbing my ankles help though???

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

prime suspect wrote:
KTL wrote:

FYI for those still wondering about bringing firewood

http://www.agr.state.il.us/eab/data/200901029765.pdf

http://www.agr.state.il.us/eab/

well thats wonderful info   but the race is in OHIO               Bryan     I was thinking of buying a couple cords from your amish buddy friday and bringing them in with my small dump truck ( which will be up there anyway )   ,   save people the trouble of chasing down your buddy at all hours   Im thinking it would be a nice convienience for everybody camping to have wood AT the track and even having the truck kind of " make rounds " to deliver it       Im going to have at least 4 people up there anyway all weekend             also need to know if I will have access to the paddock etc with my 2 tow trucks   I have recieved some e mails from teams asking if i will be able to lift and move heavy stuff for them ( engines, equipment ,or even the whole car if it needs drastic repairs etc)  and at least one team thats going let me get the car instead of hauling it home.       just dont want to tell people I will be able to help and then not be able to      Jay had already E mailed me back and said as far as He is concerned it was fine    just wanted to check with you           thanks ,   Bruce        "prime suspect"

Depends on the truck...Willies small ones fit just fine. But his biggest ones would probably go right through the deck!!! Please consider coming early enough with the dumptruck full of wood and cross the track at twelve. I don't think even our smallish dumper will go over the bridge.

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

Tiptoe the rat wrote:

It might!!! smile

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

its a small one   i.e. pickup truck type    i doubt if it will weigh more than 6 or 7 K  even with 2 cords of wood in it     we are planning on being up there around noon friday        thanks,  Bruce

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

prime suspect wrote:

its a small one   i.e. pickup truck type    i doubt if it will weigh more than 6 or 7 K  even with 2 cords of wood in it     we are planning on being up there around noon friday        thanks,  Bruce

That will go over the bridge just fine...

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

Hi Bryan:

If I can find Prime Suspect and his truck with the firewood on Saturday morning, that will be just fine.

However, if I need to head out of the track for a few minutes to get firewood, which direction do I head on 305 to find the Amish fella with the firewood? 

Also, if he runs out for any reason, are there other folks on 305 will have some firewood?

Just wondering.

Thanks

The Happy Track Fan

Bryan KF8G wrote:
Tiptoe the rat wrote:

It might!!! smile

I'll even lift my tail for ya!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015

60 (edited by Bryan KF8G 2009-09-29 04:36 AM)

The Happy Track Fan wrote:

Hi Bryan:

If I can find Prime Suspect and his truck with the firewood on Saturday morning, that will be just fine.

However, if I need to head out of the track for a few minutes to get firewood, which direction do I head on 305 to find the Amish fella with the firewood? 

Also, if he runs out for any reason, are there other folks on 305 will have some firewood?

Just wondering.

Thanks

The Happy Track Fan

West which would be a left from the driveway and just past the  edge of the track property. Poor folks can even hear Fred on the PA all weekend better than you can most places on the track!!! But it seems like he has a pretty good amount the last time I was by there.

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

Tiptoe the rat wrote:
Bryan KF8G wrote:
Tiptoe the rat wrote:

It might!!! smile

I'll even lift my tail for ya!

Now thats what you call getting a piece of tail!!! big_smile

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

For the test sessions - what is going to be the dress code?  Full fire suits, gloves, and shoes or typical lapping session attire - pants, long shirts, sneakers?

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

The Happy Track Fan wrote:

Hi Bryan:

Just wondering.

Thanks

The Happy Track Fan

Just an FYI for all interested partys   my dump truck is a red 88 ford with a black bed/wood upper sides.  my tow trucks are both mid 80s dodge   one white/blue stripe and red boom,  the other dark blue/brown with a lighter color blue bed  white boom       should be easy to find

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

RobL wrote:

For the test sessions - what is going to be the dress code?  Full fire suits, gloves, and shoes or typical lapping session attire - pants, long shirts, sneakers?

Considering the crapcans that are coming and how many are most likely going to be on the track, Kerrie and I seem to think it would be best to be suited up for Friday.

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

Your gonna have to race the cars with full gear on, so you might as well test with the gear on to get used to the idea.

Tiptoe the rat wrote:

Your gonna have to race the cars with full gear on, so you might as well test with the gear on to get used to the idea.

That was exactly my thought too...

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

That was the expectation. But I could hope that I wouldn't have to wear my suit for 3 days (at least 6 stints) without washing it...  And right there is a new punishment - wear Rob's fire suit for 5 minutes.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

That was the expectation. But I could hope that I wouldn't have to wear my suit for 3 days (at least 6 stints) without washing it...  And right there is a new punishment - wear Rob's fire suit for 5 minutes.

Ewwww.....

RobL wrote:
Mechafishy wrote:

so wait. 3.7 says "Multilayer suits rated SFI 3.2/A5 or higher are highly recommended and may be worn without longjohns". would that mean we could go commando?

Commando, and I dare anyone to check....

Justin
Team Cardorks: #901 Amtrack E36 / # 902 Philly E30 / #903 Integra TypeArrr!
Driving something, somewhere.

RobL wrote:

Do like I do for long race weekends, wear the longjohns under the suit for half the weekend and make sure to hang everything up between runs. And put dryer sheets in your suit. Then they can smell fresh and body odor rotten at the same time!!! Makes you go faster when you want nothing more than to get out of the suit as quick as possible!!! smile

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

What are the hours of operation of the food vendors on site?  I'd hate to get out of my car and go get food only to find they are closed.  well, unless it's 3 AM.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

I believe that he's going to be open the duration of the race.

Oh and for those coming today, registration just may be open at 10:30 this morning. But it will defiantly be open by noon.

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse