Re: Full track: MSR and Thunderhill

Judge Jonny wrote:
sergio wrote:
Judge Jon wrote:

For a while now I've wanted a Lemons radar gun -- mostly for aiming at speeding jackasses in the pits.

However, I'd point it at delusional racecars, too.

I can bring one for the Houston race, radar gun that is. It's a Radio Shack job works off 2 C batteries.

Please do -- We will give you a get out of jail free card for it

I'll go put it in my gear bag right now.

The Pendejo Engineering Jaguar XJ12 will do 150mph (don't ask how I know)... but it takes a LONG time to get there. I hear GM is in bad shape... maybe they'll rent us their high speed test oval for a Lemons event. The Jag might actually win if it doesn't have to stop for gas too many time or puke out its auto tranmission fluid.

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

My Fury could do better than 15.9.  Been wanting to get it out on the strip.  My fully loaded 72 Dodge Polara cop car pulled a 15.3 and it weighs a good 400 pounds more than the Lemons car.

Team Oly Express
Current car - 1964.5 Plymouth Barracuda, Former car - Size Does Matter 1967 Plymouth Fury
07 IOE Winner Thunderhill, 12 IOE Winner Sears Pointless
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Team- … 4609354407

Finally, we can now get our wind tunnel testing scheduled and have our carbon fiber shop finish the belly pan and wings....

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

Judge Jonny wrote:
cmice wrote:
magnusracing wrote:

HURRAY! Best news I've had all day.

INDEED!!

Ok everybody, last I checked, your right foot is entirely under your control.  Nowhere in the rules does it say you have to set a land-speed record every time you see a straight.

You're in a sh*tbox, on street tires, on a racetrack - thinkaboutit.    If you think you're going to fast to make the turn, I might suggest maybe, sorta, kinda .... slowing the f*ck down.  Or, if you can't seem to convince your right foot to listen - don't upshift, and let the rev-limiter do the talking.

Chicanes suck donkey b*lls - more dangerous than helpful.

Guys, no offense to your delusions of grandeur, but we saw how Lemons do on a drag strip in NO.

By far, the best Lemons car popped of a 15.9 at around 90 mph. Everyone else was much slower

So, like, calm it down.

The Fiat probably won't be able to hit 65 on the straight anyway, so we'll be a rolling chicane. Anything to help out!

Josh Poage
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2009 Yee-haw It's Texas
Prison Break Racing - 1986 325e #27 - 2010 Gator-o-Rama
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas

rocketresto wrote:

My Fury could do better than 15.9.  Been wanting to get it out on the strip.  My fully loaded 72 Dodge Polara cop car pulled a 15.3 and it weighs a good 400 pounds more than the Lemons car.

After our motor swap in NO we put down a 15.2 on the drag strip.

Team Zip-tie!
92 Taurus SHO #37

This is awesome news!!!!!!!!!!

Time to get the chin spoiler mounted and the rear diffuser...

IMO there will be more cars blowing up trying to keep up with those few quick miatas...the rest wil over shoot the turn and end up offroading... I see the pnelity box being pretty full, Better make that area twice the size it was last time lol.

thanks for ditching the chicanes... i honestly thought they were more dangerous because of the dive bombers and the few peeps that felt 10mph was an adequate speed for the chicane.

moneypit wrote:

You mean after you turned the other two SHOs into parts cars?

34 (edited by MurileeMartin 2009-09-30 07:36 PM)

http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2009/06/medium_3626305251_cd6175e86e_o.jpg

Before the BABE-versus-LeMons drag racing at No Problem Raceway, I hadn't thought a 25.766-second quarter-mile time was even possible! Yes, that's a Lemons RX-7 with a not-many-minutes-of-life-remaining engine.

For what it's worth, the Celica that ended up winning Lemons the next day ran very consistent low 16s.

The best part about the BABE/Lemons drag racing was that the $500 cars were all mixed in with the regular Saturday-night-in-the-swamps drag crowd, so you'd have some 10-second Bronco staging next to a Toyota camper truck. Some dude with a 9-second Mustang was whining about how these "shitpile" cars were making it take too long between runs... and then his car done scattered its engine and laid down about 800 feet of oil slick, shutting the track down for an hour.

MurileeMartin wrote:
moneypit wrote:

Maybe instead of the IOE lap contest there should be a contest guessing how many SHO's will need mid-race engine swaps.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:
moneypit wrote:

Maybe instead of the IOE lap contest there should be a contest guessing how many SHO's will need mid-race engine swaps.

Or how many Nissan L engines will have new holes in the block? Ha ha ha ha!

MurileeMartin wrote:
Troy wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Or how many Nissan L engines will have new holes in the block? Ha ha ha ha!

I don't know about holes in L series motors but there were a few blown head gaskets in New Orleans.

I tend to have clutch/transmission issues.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:

I don't know about holes in L series motors but there were a few blown head gaskets in New Orleans.

I tend to have clutch/transmission issues.

You'll just need to cheat even more!

MurileeMartin wrote:

I might need some lessons on how to cheat.

It's not like any of our parts fell off the back of a truck. 

I did recently receive the hull of an F350 with a V8 and transmission in back tough.

Then there was this windshield incident, a car body had a pretty nice windshield when I picked it up.  I just don't think someone came and stole the windshield but it's gone now.  Hate to have been the guy behind me on the way home.

More seriously regarding clutches, one team member moved to another car and our clutch and transmission made it through New Orleans.  Coincidence, I think not.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

I might need some lessons on how to cheat.

Don't underestimate your cheating skills! We just cut a lot more slack to Z cheaters, what with the utter hopelessness of their cars and all.

MurileeMartin wrote:
moneypit wrote:

Ours finished 6th, not bad for a parts car.............

kalpol wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:
cmice wrote:

INDEED!!

Ok everybody, last I checked, your right foot is entirely under your control.  Nowhere in the rules does it say you have to set a land-speed record every time you see a straight.

You're in a sh*tbox, on street tires, on a racetrack - thinkaboutit.    If you think you're going to fast to make the turn, I might suggest maybe, sorta, kinda .... slowing the f*ck down.  Or, if you can't seem to convince your right foot to listen - don't upshift, and let the rev-limiter do the talking.

Chicanes suck donkey b*lls - more dangerous than helpful.

Guys, no offense to your delusions of grandeur, but we saw how Lemons do on a drag strip in NO.

By far, the best Lemons car popped of a 15.9 at around 90 mph. Everyone else was much slower

So, like, calm it down.

The Fiat probably won't be able to hit 65 on the straight anyway, so we'll be a rolling chicane. Anything to help out!

Sweet! We'll have some good racing in the back of the pack. I suspect the Karmann Ghia won't be out there setting lap records either. Maybe we could set up a rolling slalom?

I guess if slow and steady wins the race I am halfway there.  I just need to work on "steady".   Sweet.

Zachreligious wrote:
kalpol wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

So, like, calm it down.

Sweet! We'll have some good racing in the back of the pack. I suspect the Karmann Ghia won't be out there setting lap records either. Maybe we could set up a rolling slalom?

with hookers and blackjack!

Josh Poage
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2009 Yee-haw It's Texas
Prison Break Racing - 1986 325e #27 - 2010 Gator-o-Rama
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas

kalpol wrote:
Zachreligious wrote:
kalpol wrote:

with hookers and blackjack!

In fact, forget the rolling slalom and blackjack. smile

how about a slow lane for the ioe sh*t boxes...

sawinatthewheel...sometimes too much, sometimes not enough...just like life

47 (edited by BlackSheep1 2009-10-02 08:36 AM)

MurileeMartin wrote:

... We just cut a lot more slack to Z cheaters, what with the utter hopelessness of their cars and all.

**While jumping up and down**  We took 4th in a Z at CMP!  4th in a Z!

Edit - Wait.  Why am I arguing that the judges cut us so much slack for being in a Z?!?  Murilee and Jonny, please ignore my comment above.  You are right, Zs are hopeless.

Here is some decent video of a TH trackday...note the three cones at each of the corners...one for turn in, another for apex clipping point, and one more for exit.  It's the same use of cones that we had at Reno.  Looks like a driver swings across the track at the top of both hill turns. This track appears to be the easiest of the three Western tracks.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enAiSPRZ … re=related

sawinatthewheel...sometimes too much, sometimes not enough...just like life

nice vid...I really think the caddy is gonna do good here....not quite as tight of turns as Reno-Fernley.  cant wait!!!

All you guys that are saying its to fast and please put in chicanes, WHAT THE HELL are you doing RACING?!?!? If your scared about going to fast then DONT RACE. What do you think this is a Sunday drive??? Its called a race for a reason.

Please no chicanes, those cause MORE accident than they save I guarantee it.

No one makes you go fast, you control that with that little right pedal so if your scared just dont push it and move out of the way so we can come flying by you in the Z from the west coast coming all the way to Texas to kick some ass!! (praying to motor god as I type)