1 (edited by Lemons Alfetta 2009-09-30 07:05 PM)

Topic: Timing and scoring Thunderhill

Nick,
Are we going to have live scoring data at Thunderhill? Do we need to bring a laptop? The wives don't like the idea of having to time every lap, something about it interupts their socializing.

Wes Conklin
Team California Mille
2007 Eyetalian Class Champions
20+ races and still going strong, Finally won one. Pacific Northworst Winner 2012.

Re: Timing and scoring Thunderhill

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=1528

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Mulry, I  believe, won't be coming to Thunderhill.  However, yes, we are working on live scoring for the Arse Freeze.  Thunderhill doesn't supply the timing computer or any of the hardware needed. The NASA people had live scoring for their 25 hour race.  I tried asking their main man about the hardware they used but he blew me off.   On the bright side, I think Jay is going to use the same good folks that scored Buttonwillow!  I haven't talked to them since BW so I don't have any new info.  TH is so far off, I didn't want to get started too early.

sawinatthewheel...sometimes too much, sometimes not enough...just like life

My bad, I should pay more attention to which event is being discussed.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

sawinatthewheel wrote:

Mulry, I  believe, won't be coming to Thunderhill.  However, yes, we are working on live scoring for the Arse Freeze.  Thunderhill doesn't supply the timing computer or any of the hardware needed. The NASA people had live scoring for their 25 hour race.  I tried asking their main man about the hardware they used but he blew me off.   On the bright side, I think Jay is going to use the same good folks that scored Buttonwillow!  I haven't talked to them since BW so I don't have any new info.  TH is so far off, I didn't want to get started too early.

I have a pretty savvy network consultant on my team, we possibly could lend a hand.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

hey craz, thanks,we could use help....don't know exactly what we will need...i'll have to get in touch with the t&s folks and get back to you.

Great, send me an email when you get more details.

3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

Can we move this back near the top so we can figure out what we need to make this happen.

Wes Conklin
Team California Mille
20+ races and still going strong, Finally won one. Pacific Northworst Winner 2012.

I wll have to get back to you on the  scoring....I have to talk (email) with Jay about it.  Live scoring at TH might mean just a monitor in the meeting room.  It depends on who is scoring the race...some scoring computers lack the capability to send the scoring to a router...

Good news...I have been in touch with the good lady who is going to do the t&s and she is all for broadcasting live scoring!  As soon as I know what hardware we need, I'll put it up here.  I have said this before...I have the My Laps Monitor program and will share it with anyone who wants it.
And Craznoe, I haven't forgot about your offer...I'll keep you up to speed.

Sounds good man, I'll be waiting for details.

Not much of a computer guy but plan on being there early friday so if you need a hand just give me a shout.

Wes Conklin
Team California Mille

I just found this site...a free My Laps Monitor download...don't know anything about it though so I can't vouch for it.

http://mylaps-monitor.software.informer.com/

We're not setting anything up officially, but I'm happy to link folks up with T+S if anyone wants to rig something on their own.

sawinatthewheel wrote:

I just found this site...a free My Laps Monitor download...don't know anything about it though so I can't vouch for it.

http://mylaps-monitor.software.informer.com/

Be careful about that carrying viruses. Free downloads, aiye!

If you need me to ship you my spare router and 14dB outdoor wireless broadcast antenna, let me know. I think we have the configuration figured out on how to do this (mostly) but haven't had a chance since NL to put it into practice. The MSR folks weren't very accommodating. And "weren't very" is kind of an understatement. smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Thanks Pat, the lady doing t&s is checking with her SCCA  people who do the TH scoring.  They might have the equipment.  If they don't, then I would very much like to use yours.
I read about your motor problems...wow...what an effort on your part!

Thanks. smile Just tried to make the best of a bad situation.

Shoot me an email if you need the gear. We'd probably want to get it out to you by this Wed at the latest to get it to you in time before you leave for the race.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.