Topic: Lamest Day - Good news - the misquitos are gone!

Bad news - they drowned in all the rain.

Bring your waders and scuba gear!

Also bring plywood (for under the car) and your best mud tires.

Spud

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

Re: Lamest Day - Good news - the misquitos are gone!

Yeah, but the rest of the weekend weather looks great.

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

Yeah it was definitely soggy today. Should be better tomorrow!

We were thinking of starting on the ark by Thursday...

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

That was a LOT of rain on Friday and Saturday night got really cold, but I never saw a bug of any type!

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Jeff G 78 wrote:

That was a LOT of rain on Friday and Saturday night got really cold, but I never saw a bug of any type!

Other than the damn bees... I got stung really bad Friday and didn't think I was  gonna get into the car.

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

Those bees were really aggressive!  They must be desperate for food to carry their heinous devil spawn through the winter.

Other than shivering my ass off Friday night, the weather was incredible.  Saturday night was not that bad.  The layers and two sleeping bags might have been why, though.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Hmmm, I never saw any bees.  They must have been on the track lol

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

oh they were QUITE aggressive.  But it's WORSE than just a little end-of-life aggression!  Garrettsville already had first frost, so the berries and such are all fermenting.  90% of the yellow jackets are about to die ... and now they're gettin' boozed up to boot... yikes

Conveniently concentrated and travel sized.

The bees probably came in the cars. Almost every team I talked to pulled at least one hive out of their car. We had at least 3 hives in ours when we bought it.

We were near the tire wall and I saw a few coming out of it.  They were yellow jackets, which like to build nests in hollows in the ground or under sheltering overhangs.  Both of which are in plentiful supply there!  There weren't very many of them so there was probably only one nest or so.

These were the bastards:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_jacket

I ended up with one in the cabin with me when I was about to go out on a lap.  I had to open the door and try to get it out with the suit and helmet on.  No fun, but I didn't want to end up with it in my helmet while I was on track!

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

oh yes, that would be them alright!  I saw quite a few when I ventured out near the tire wall at the back line of the infield heading toward the carousel. Believe it or not -- this weekend was actually way better than it will be in about two weeks when they're all stumbling drunk and one foot in the grave...

Conveniently concentrated and travel sized.