Topic: Car 39 (Canadian Honda Civic) got totally hosed by the Judges!!!

Yeah, so... how's this for cruel and unusual punishment?

Their story: Car 39 was leading the race when suddenly they got black flagged -- not really sure why but it could have been a 20 minute old black flag for barely making contact with car 999. Barely because sure there was metal on metal, but they never even went off the track.

Anyhow, car 39 pits at around 12:50 am and the guy handling night penalties (Brian from Manhattan) tells them that by special request the "corner workers" say that car 39 has to sit there until dawn because of overly aggressive driving. Man are they pissed off. Totally hosed. First black flag and they get a seven hour penalty. mega unfair.

My story: I got stuck working the tower from around midnight until 7:00 am or so. Call comes in that cars 39 and 999 smacked into each other. Roger that, let's drop a black on both of them and figure out what happened. Car 39 misses one, two, three, four black flags, so we stop looking in order to deal with more pressing offenders. Then, while waiting, car 39 gets involved with another car (or two) and causing a passing under yellow pile up situation. By the time they came in they missed 20 black flags. Se we sat them so they could think about what they did.

Jay's ruling: Oh cry me a fucking river. We saved them seven hours in the mud replacing a head gasket by sitting 'em down.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

2 (edited by Spinnetti 2009-10-04 03:52 PM)

Re: Car 39 (Canadian Honda Civic) got totally hosed by the Judges!!!

lol... We got a couple flags too, and were in 2nd place at the time.. No worries smile Like usual, we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Got rear ended TWICE hard (nobody ever got flagged for it I think) which eventually broke our trans.. that coupled with some stupid mistakes took us from 2nd to god knows what all in the last couple hours! ARGGGG! All's fair in love and Lemons!
BTW, in the closing laps, there was INSANE passing under Yellow on the last corner (like going by 15 cars in a row with the flag waving -  I was just a spectator at that point).... Shouldda yanked those dummies in to end in the pits!

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

We're short a $250 wheel because of them. Not feeling to sympathetic for them at this point.

4 (edited by Judge Jonny 2009-10-04 06:26 PM)

trippinbillies40 wrote:

We're short a $250 wheel because of them. Not feeling to sympathetic for them at this point.

Hmmmm... I wonder why they forgot to mention that to us in the 27-minute, Troy-of-Texas style "appeal" they made?

Any ideas why?

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

And car 999 had nothing to do with the incident....

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

$250 wheels on a Lemons car?

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

dculberson wrote:

$250 wheels on a Lemons car?

That's what I was wondering too.... I don't think we had more than 4 each that matched. Three different sets of Saturn wheels, 4 Audi 4000S, a few varied VW alloy and steel wheels, and even sizes 14 to 15". And we only used one left front all weekend...

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

Being a 5-bolt front and a 4-bolt rear, we couldn't have matched wheels.  But the fronts cost us $13/ea.  Pick-n-Pull is awesome.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Judge Jonny wrote:

Hmmmm... I wonder why they forgot to mention that to us in the 27-minute, Troy-of-Texas style "appeal" they made?

There are appeals?

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

They also caused us a black flag.  Punted me off the track.  Workers didn't see (or maybe they did but they didn't come in on the black flag) but did see me go off so i got us flagged and got to write lines.

The worst part was that I was hit twice and I'm completely sure the 2nd time was intentional.  This isn't bumper cars.

Terrh wrote:

They also caused us a black flag.  Punted me off the track.  Workers didn't see (or maybe they did but they didn't come in on the black flag) but did see me go off so i got us flagged and got to write lines.

The worst part was that I was hit twice and I'm completely sure the 2nd time was intentional.  This isn't bumper cars.

Hmmm... I am a little shocked that all seven members of team 39 totally forgot to mention that they were tussling and causing such on-track issues. They seemed to be such reasonable, right thinking young men. To hear them tell it, they were just quietly going about their business, winning their first ever race and following each and every rule when the mean old corner workers called down and demanded that their Honda be ebnched until dawn.

I mean, after all, these were the same guys with an open campfire (no fire pit) five feet from three 5-gallon gas jugs right in front of Lemons HQ. And they seemed, how to put this, annoyed at me when I told them to move said jugs of gas far away from their fire.

Troy wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

There are appeals?

Troy, for you, anything.

These guys were super aggressive in their driving.  Lots of 3 wide through the carousel type shit going on.  They never hit me, but I saw their car run into 2 cars directly in front of me.

That said, they had really good power and were handling quite well.  They, the black topless supra and the //////M red BMW both had silly power and could power through traffic like it was sitting still.

-Chip

Free Candy Racing
www.freecandyracing.com

What was the 39 car?

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

15 (edited by MagnumPI 2009-10-05 07:24 AM)

RobL wrote:

What was the 39 car?

Hey Rob,

Silver civic EG hatch, but was missing the hatch...

Team Magnum PI ness  #357  -

106th place at Nelson Ledges - The Lamest Days
-oil pressure failure leading to engine failure

Yeah... we had a $250 wheel killed by 39... BUT... don't judge us.... it wasn't OUR idea to put the high dollar wheels on it.. we just have a team member that STILL doesn't understand Lemons..... who are WE to turn down such awesome wheels??? LOFL....    He actually suggested we pull behind the wall to check the water and oil... and at the time... we were actually doing well...   water?  oil?  aren't those optional???

And David, don't forget that 39 is also the car that  "bumped" us earlier...     SO... yeah... we had our share of scrapes with 39... and STILL didn't vote him Peoples Curse.. (not sure why.......)

Nope.. not bitching...    HAD A GREAT TIME.. and will put $250 wheels on it again, if someone is stupid enough to offer them....   by the way, he STILL doesn't get it....  hasn't read the forums,  looked at the past winners, or even been on our OWN Lemons site.......     buy hey......

Clue to the new:     TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HAS WON IN THE PAST, if you actually care to try to win...   me?  I came for the BBQ

Owner: Stanford Motorsports (sounds better than it is!)
Lamest Day entry:  Team EAU RUDE  silver/red NON-CHEATING Sentra SE-R #40  (Crew Chief, Large Fat Bald Guy with white Mutton Chop sideburns)
Other nonsense:  Solo Director, Cincy SCCA, Board of Directors, Cincy SCCA

I'm watching my stint video now (only got one before car broke) and I'll look for hoonage but haven't gotten any from them yet.  That light was obnoxious and I remember it well.

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

RobL wrote:

I'm watching my stint video now (only got one before car broke) and I'll look for hoonage but haven't gotten any from them yet.  That light was obnoxious and I remember it well.

Hoonage??

Owner: Stanford Motorsports (sounds better than it is!)
Lamest Day entry:  Team EAU RUDE  silver/red NON-CHEATING Sentra SE-R #40  (Crew Chief, Large Fat Bald Guy with white Mutton Chop sideburns)
Other nonsense:  Solo Director, Cincy SCCA, Board of Directors, Cincy SCCA

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hoonage

Aggressively flogging a car, but in a manner that stops just short of reckless.

38 Camaro doing a little blocking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_TchFyHrYY

Troy wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

There are appeals?

no   but there were LOTS of pathetic attempts             ( very entertaining )

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

Here is one pass I made of them.  I have no doubt that one/several of thier drivers were noobs... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEP8L4USF-c

RobL wrote:

Here is one pass I made of them.  I have no doubt that one/several of thier drivers were noobs... 

"ON THE SOAPBOX"

Note to some:

Notice how Rob's headlights hit the taillights & back bumper of the cars in front of him?!  If your headlights are hitting the guys HELMET & windshield..... please RE-AIM them... because they suck!  (If they bounce alot... that's even more effective)  Mounting them near the side mirrors or on the roof... seriously?  Nelson is rough, but it's not Baja by a long shot....

Eric

"RANT OVER..."

23 (edited by bongle 2009-10-05 08:55 AM)

RobL wrote:

(I did organizing for #39 and #571, drove for #571)

Did they do anything wrong in that video?  It looks like they gave you space to make your pass.  I barely heard a bang, but since you could see the entire side of #39 in your wink mirror, it didn't seem like they contacted you.

As for their drivers being noobs:
3 are solo-1 drivers (2 in a civic, 1 in a corvette), and are all currently top-6 in solo sprint in ontario.  I know that doesn't mean they have wheel-to-wheel experience, I'm just saying their backgrounds.
1 has a lot of circle track experience, and also does solosprint (he was driving at the time of the penalty)
1 did Lemons last year
1 did a lot of formula SAE and has some track experience (based on the duskiness of that video, he was probably driving for that pass)

I ran a camera for most of one of their shifts and it looked like the driver was being fairly mild.  The only iffy spot I saw while watching was when #39 went for a pass just as the #28 supra dove into the same spot, and #39 gave him the position.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

bongle, I was showing that whoever was in the car at the time did give me room.

RobL wrote:

bongle, I was showing that whoever was in the car at the time did give me room.

Oh ok, the rest of your comment about noobiness primed me to defend.

I don't think that 39 was being too aggressive whenever I watched, which is why I'm curious about what time TerrH, NDGeist, and SMSRacing's incidents occurred at.

I know that whenever they passed me, they didn't do it in an annoying manner, but obviously I'm a bad observer because they might be treating me (who they know) in a different manner than the other cars (who they don't know) on track.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)