Topic: Congratulations to Booby Prize Racing

Congratulations to Booby Prize Racing for a job well done! Clean racing, staying out of trouble, and a little bit of luck. That's the way to win! I'm proud of you guy's!
Estus White

Everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

Re: Congratulations to Booby Prize Racing

Congrats guys!  Fantastic job!

"Don't mess with Lexas!"
Former Captain, Team Lebowski

I agree.. amazing work.. Heck, I never even noticed ya out there - that's the way to git'r done.

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Thanks!!! being invisible was a part of the plan.

Just to pat myself and fellow Supreme Court Justice the right reverend Judge Murilee on the back, those watching the BS inspection can testify that while we laughed at most of the cars (and 100% of the Nissan Zs) coming through, when we got to the Boobie 200SX, we both paused and said, "This car can win the race."

Not because they were cheating (they weren't) but just because it's the right type of car.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

good job Boobies! You guys had good pace and clean drivers out there.

Those guys totally deserved it.  I was dicing it up with one of the guys on track for a while.  The car is quick!  Slightly quicker on the back straight than our 3000GT, and very well-driven. 

Class act, too.  Same guy came and found me later to chat.  Wish we could have kept our car in the race to give them more of a challenge!

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

Did everyone notice how that car was pretty much invisible on the track (other than the pink paint job, of course)? No drama, no zero-margin-for-error crazy passes, no red mist. Their best lap was 1:28.560, slower than at least 20 other cars and six seconds slower than the quickest lap of the race (the #138 white MR2).

Know where the quickest car placed? 59th! Yes, that's behind the Lada.

congrats!  we were the leopard print volvo wagon, i had a nice time running laps with  you guys at about 9 am for about 30 mins.

Radio transmission...hey guys who is this pink nissan....he's the leader....oh ok, i'm just gonna follow his lines...yea good call.... wow these are way better lines than i've been taking for the past day...

Pete -  fastISH and the FURRiest (cheetah fur Volvo wagon)

http://www.facebook.com/peter.granata

10 (edited by MurileeMartin 2009-10-06 08:30 AM)

shottgun20 wrote:

congrats!  we were the leopard print volvo wagon, i had a nice time running laps with  you guys at about 9 am for about 30 mins.

Radio transmission...hey guys who is this pink nissan....he's the leader....oh ok, i'm just gonna follow his lines...yea good call.... wow these are way better lines than i've been taking for the past day...

Always a good plan. You can count on the leader to show you the best way around the track, and most cars should be able to keep up for quite a while because the leaders don't get there by driving like there's a big 27-alarm Aggro Siren screaming "PASS! PASS NOW!" going off in the car at all times.

Of course, that all goes out the window if the Sharks are racing with you. In that case, the best plan is to add MORE BOOST and pass everyone, all the time!

http://racesharks.com/images/sharks-2.jpg

shottgun20 wrote:

I have a team mate that's in love with your car.  Are you keeping it or do you have any interest in selling it?

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.