51 (edited by RobL 2009-10-16 11:03 AM)

Re: BS judges.

Pure Cap is about 500,000 scoville units...

The Gold cap next to it is 1,000,000. 

For those not into hot sauces - On the Scoville scale - Tabasco is about 2,000 and Jalapeño peppers are 2,500 so these are 250 to 500x hotter than those.

They are measured by drops and toothpicks dipped in and mixed around.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Do we have sufficient teams making chili to have a contest?

I'm in.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

I'll vouch for Rob's delicious chili, but it definitely needed a kick to me.  I have to admit I pussed out and used the third hottest additive.  I'll try the pure cap next time, as long as I have beer and/or ketchup handy!

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Riktor wrote:
Tiptoe the rat wrote:

Any moron can make it hot, its making it hot AND taste good....that seems to elude mose Texans.    And no that whole remember the Alamo thing is something that just kinda confuses the rest of the nation.

and I retort;

Uh-huh... I'll keep that in mind when you're tasting our blend. That's if I am even generous enough to share with YOU.

Pure cap? REALLY???

That's just not even nice. Although if we have a SEVERE whiner you could force them to take a hit to the eyeball so they could really have something to cry about.

Thats OK man I respect my soft palate enough to pass.  I like a lot of stuff that comes from Texas, I really do, but food..isnt one of them!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

I'd be totally in for a chili contest at one of the events I'd like to hit up next year. question is though, is it for the "Best", or "hottest", or "Tastiest" ? Sometimes the best isn't the tastiest, the hottest is seldom the best, and the Tastiest is never the hottest.

that being said, There's a lot about composition, appearance, and preparation that goes a long way to making truly desirable chili.

...damn, i may have to make 4 gallons of the stuff If I'm going to do it right

I like chili pretty hot, but any old sludge can be made spicy. Got to be good on all counts to get the judges' favor. And don't forget the beer!

I think I can get our team in on this plan.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

I guess I'm gonna have to shoot a deer this winter so I can make some chili to bring to CMP, too...

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_j5rsUB3wTI8/Srv8wchrftI/AAAAAAAACzk/JKBabHDzITU/s400/zz+top+tres+hombres+mexican+feast4+copy.jpg

I think we need a meal that looks like the inside cover of the ZZ Top album "Tres Hombres."

61 (edited by ronman 2009-10-16 09:30 PM)

Tex-Mex. Delicious.
Bonus points if you bring it to Houston from La Grange.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Judge Jonny wrote:

isn't meatless bland purgatory the name of a woman's prison in Kansas?

hi-Oh!

I'll be laughing about this one for the next 2 or 3 days, minimum

RobL wrote:

Pure Cap is about 500,000 scoville units...

The Gold cap next to it is 1,000,000. 

For those not into hot sauces - On the Scoville scale - Tabasco is about 2,000 and Jalapeño peppers are 2,500 so these are 250 to 500x hotter than those.

They are measured by drops and toothpicks dipped in and mixed around.

I have REALLY REALLY wanted to make a batch of my chili (5 gallons) of it with a SINGLE one of these... I might do that for february...
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_n3jrT3sJkR8/ReioHXQQqqI/AAAAAAAAABE/j_h8qj0XHcw/s400/naga2.jpg

I make mine spicy but if you eat it in the first couple days it is VERY tasty. After it has aged for three days or if i "brew" it for longer than six hours... it'll burn your fucking face off. I can handle heat but the last batch I made was awesome for every one that ate it. I put the left overs in the fridge and after almost a week i re-heated the rest... my god I could barely keep the burn at bay enough to enjoy it. We'll be packing plenty of beer to quench people's thirst.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

I love eating hot stuff, but since getting older than 35 my insides don't process it correctly if I overdo it like that.  Seems to effect me like a laxative, not to TMI everyone but not what you want when doing a driving stint if you have similar results!  I find it hurts worse exiting then entering.  I guess I'm getting too old for that heavy duty stuff...

Still, a guy on our team is making Chili and he said he had to use gloves when preparing it...

----------
Scott
Speed Racer Mach5 Mustang
Houston TX

I think you need to use peppers you grew yourself. Come on, they'll all grow in Texas- you can plant them in between the peyote cacti!

MurileeMartin wrote:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_j5rsUB3wTI8/S … 4+copy.jpg

I think we need a meal that looks like the inside cover of the ZZ Top album "Tres Hombres."

Try Liebermans' facebook photos!

Uno Hombres.

MurileeMartin wrote:

I think you need to use peppers you grew yourself. Come on, they'll all grow in Texas- you can plant them in between the peyote cacti!

Who says I am not?

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"