Topic: Zero For Zs BS penalty system works great!

Since we had 130 cars to inspect at The Lamest Day, we figured we'd save some time and wave every single Datsun/Nissan Z through the BS Inspection without even looking at the car. It worked great; the highest-placing Z was the 40th-place Daddy Day Care 300ZX. Thanks for making our jobs so much easier, Z racers!

Will we use the ZFZ policy at future races? Maybe. We like busting cheaters, even if their cheats are pointless, so we might sweat the Zs just as much as everyone else at MSR.

2 (edited by Champ 2009-10-06 09:41 AM)

Re: Zero For Zs BS penalty system works great!

Certainly worked for our Saab - you guys waved us through the BS and we seized the motor in less than an hour.

Team Cougar Bait

Yeah, yeah...  Even though we didn't get any love (or deserve any), we had a great time.  We broke the axle.  We tried to weld the spiders, but the bearings were already toast, so we decided to drive an hour away to get SOME of the parts needed to swap it.  Unfortunately, the spare was a R200 rather than a R180, so we had to fabricate a mustache bar at 3am.  We were back on the track at 8am and finished the race.  Next year we will be in better shape.

Here is how we spent the majority of the evening.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i256/jeffg78/Lemons/Latenightaxleswap.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i256/jeffg78/Lemons/PullingthediffAGAIN.jpg

Ghetto fabbed mustache bar
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i256/jeffg78/Lemons/Mustachebar2.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i256/jeffg78/Lemons/Mustachebar1.jpg

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Why don't you Z zealots run a Datsun 810/early Maxima wagon instead of a Z? Pretty much the same chassis, and you'd have a shot at IOE that way.

Champ wrote:

Certainly worked for our Saab - you guys waved us through the BS and we seized the motor in less than an hour.

It sort of goes without saying that Saabs get to breeze right through the BS Inspection. Keep the dream alive, Saab guys! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Hey a Nissan finally won a race, so maybe next time it will be a Z.  Baby steps...

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Actually, all Zs at Texas will be walked right through, with the exception of Troy's Z.

He's going to need to fill out some sort of SCCA-like protest form in order to get that car through

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

8 (edited by MurileeMartin 2009-10-06 10:33 AM)

We might hand out 100 laps to a randomly selected Z team at MSR, just because Hell can always get hotter!

We made a build book! We had receipts! You didn't even look at it!

LOL, we had the best time with the BS judging. We had actually prepared our spiel, in case you asked any questions. We were ready to defend ourselves. We loved your insistance that our car was worthless just for existing. We were surprised and had a good laugh in the paddock about it.

The bribed stencil was the best of all. We thought that was hilarious.

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

MurileeMartin wrote:
Champ wrote:

It sort of goes without saying that Saabs get to breeze right through the BS Inspection. Keep the dream alive, Saab guys! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Hey now... that's sounding like an insult to me. I have two Saabs, (one of them was by the tent all weekend) and one of our drivers is a Saab mechanic. Sounds like we need to find and old ragtop turbo and make you eat those words!!! LOL That is unless I find an old Datsun 510.

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

MurileeMartin wrote:

Why don't you Z zealots run a Datsun 810/early Maxima wagon instead of a Z? Pretty much the same chassis, and you'd have a shot at IOE that way.

You get me the cage, I'll take care of the car.

Judge Jonny wrote:

Actually, all Zs at Texas will be walked right through, with the exception of Troy's Z.

He's going to need to fill out some sort of SCCA-like protest form in order to get that car through

That's harsh.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Bryan KF8G wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:
Champ wrote:

Hey now... that's sounding like an insult to me. I have two Saabs, (one of them was by the tent all weekend) and one of our drivers is a Saab mechanic. Sounds like we need to find and old ragtop turbo and make you eat those words!!! LOL That is unless I find an old Datsun 510.

Oh man, what could I have been thinking? We've never seen a Saab team packed with veteran Saab mechanics in Lemons before! You'll win fore shore!

We're gonna keep trying that's for sure.  We subscribe to the broken clock theory.

Team Cougar Bait

hahahahah

My favorite bit to BS judging was rolling up in a 99 Lesabre and the Tech inspector was acting more like a BS judge seeing that as soon as we rolled up to BS it was like "You brought a FWD buick? psh, there's no way you're cheating with this thing! Zero."

MurileeMartin wrote:

...wave every single Datsun/Nissan Z through the BS Inspection without even looking at the car.... Thanks for making our jobs so much easier, Z racers!...

That it, I've had it with the Z insults!  Wavy me throught, will ya.  I'm going to shoe horn an LS2 into the back of my Boxster, turbo and supercharge it,  then transfer all of the Z body panels onto my new blown vettster Z. 

Lets see who is laughing loudest when I collect all those nickles, funny boy.

MurileeMartin wrote:

We might hand out 100 laps to a randomly selected Z team

BlackSheep1 wrote:

That it, I've had it with the Z insults!  Wavy me throught, will ya.  I'm going to shoe horn an LS2 into the back of my Boxster, turbo and supercharge it,  then transfer all of the Z body panels onto my new blown vettster Z. 

Lets see who is laughing loudest when I collect all those nickles, funny boy.

Rules wrote:

2.4: Whiner Eligibility. Whiners are not eligible to compete.

You know I love you, Rob... but this just isn't stacking up in your favor.  tongue

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

Ha!  Well, I'm not really whining, just still trying to poke the judges with a stick.

Besides, anyone that knows me or the team knows I am full of hot air on that idea.  I'm not the mechanic of the group (don't get me wrong, I'll help with anything on the car but, generally speaking, getting dirt under my nails isn't really my thing.)  I have the ability to purchase an engine, turbo, and supercharger but install it and have it work?  Don't hold your breath.

The problem is that the judges don't know you.  They don't "know" most of us.  Having to deal with 100+ different teams at 10 different races across the country, don't be offended if they scarcely remember your face.  So, since they don't know you... it's gonna come off as whining.

I was pretty impressed that Judge Jonny remembered my name... at least for a while. (helps to put a photo that actually looks like YOU at the race track for your avatar, I think)

But, back to the topic at hand... a Z car?  Seriously?

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

Loren wrote:

I was pretty impressed that Judge Jonny remembered my name... at least for a while.

You feel i forgot your name at some point?

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Pleeease. 

Whether they remember me or not, I'm sure they would not take the threat of putting a V8 in a Porsche, then turbo and supercharging, then transferring the Zs body panels to it, then laughing while collecting the nickels prize seriously.

Wait, would they?

Judge Jonny wrote:
Loren wrote:

I was pretty impressed that Judge Jonny remembered my name... at least for a while.

You feel i forgot your name at some point?

Probably not yet, but I wouldn't be offended if you did.  That's all I'm saying.  Of course, being a journalist, you probably have a better memory for names and details than I do.  You'll likely remember my name after I've forgotten it myself!

BlackSheep1 wrote:

Pleeease. 

Whether they remember me or not, I'm sure they would not take the threat of putting a V8 in a Porsche, then turbo and supercharging, then transferring the Zs body panels to it, then laughing while collecting the nickels prize seriously.

Wait, would they?

Of course not... but they might opt to retort your taunt with some judicial taunting of their own.  If you know what I mean.

It's a moot point, however.  I've driven your Z... tongue

atomicalex wrote:

We made a build book! We had receipts! You didn't even look at it!

LOL, we had the best time with the BS judging. We had actually prepared our spiel, in case you asked any questions. We were ready to defend ourselves. We loved your insistance that our car was worthless just for existing. We were surprised and had a good laugh in the paddock about it.

The bribed stencil was the best of all. We thought that was hilarious.

If you used powerpoint for your build book, you are damn lucky it didn't get looked at.  I've learned judges HATE Powerpoint!  Received a lap penalty for using it!  I despise the evil Microsoft empire even more now...  Still smiling from that one today.

Np PowerPoint here! I do enough of that at work. sad We used whatever the Word knockoff in OpenOffice is. Our build book was pretty crappy layout-wise, deliberately. I could have done a full-on pro layup, but that would have defeated the purpose, duh. Instead you got inkjet printer contact sheets of pictures, a multi-colored budget spreadsheet composed in unreadable 6pt Arial, and a cover sheet set in Tekton. All in those nerdy plastic sheet protectors with the $2 OfficeDepot tabs.

6th grade social studies project all the way! big_smile

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

Bryan KF8G wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:
Champ wrote:

We have a 1986 9000 turbo that ran two cmp events.. for a very low price (I will cut you the ham radio discount (ex ka4sun/kn4gy)) you can be the proud owner.  It only needs a door bar, harnesses, seat and muffler rerouted to be Lemons ready.   

And we thought we had gotten smart ditching the saab for a 300z... go figure.