Re: Tires bolted to your roof!

Good thing most of the time when you hit the tire wall there is an explosion of water that's been laying in said tires. Granted you might want a bath in anti bacterial after you hit it, but you won't be setting the whole track on fire.

fezzic181 wrote:

Good thing most of the time when you hit the tire wall there is an explosion of water that's been laying in said tires. Granted you might want a bath in anti bacterial after you hit it, but you won't be setting the whole track on fire.

Hence the mosquito problem.

DDT anyone?

1985 528e Near Orbital Space Monkeys-GONE to orbit
1989 Rustang- "It's not like it's totally undriveable..."
"We came in pieces. We left in more..."

Raydoc wrote:
fezzic181 wrote:

Hence the mosquito problem.

DDT anyone?

^^^ The silvery lining to the cold - fewer creepy crawlies!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

I didn't get mosquito'd even once all weekend.

I can't even imagine how many must be borne out of that tirewall each year though.  The neighbours must love the place.

I wonder if there are any cars still buried in the tire wall?  Or motorcycles for that matter.

31 (edited by KTL 2009-10-10 08:21 AM)

fezzic181 wrote:

Good thing most of the time when you hit the tire wall there is an explosion of water that's been laying in said tires. .

When I broadsided the tire wall on the inside of the track, after putting two off on the outside exit of the 2nd carousel, I thought our car was wrecked because of the impact and the water shower that occurred(which I thought was radiator water).  I was VERY happy to see our car wasn't badly damaged at all and we continued the race without even a black flag!

AGreed the tire on the roof thing is a hoot.  Cars with 3+ tires on the lid looked hilarious and clearly pointed out people racking up penalties- be they warranted or not.  This is what makes Lemons great.  This kind of fun seems like it should be illegal  smile

Kevin

Spash with tire wall water is probably a worse punishment than a black flag...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Riktor wrote:

Spash with tire wall water is probably a worse punishment than a black flag...

I can taste the hepatitis from here.

http://www.ducttapemotorsports.com/
http://www.teamdfl.com
"I can see it now, a pile of nickels and all the glory of being a real race car driver."
Prepping the Red wReck for the 24 Hours of Lemons