Topic: Lada driver, looking for Kielbasa Kids guys

Hello, I'm the captain from the Lada team at Nelson Ledges (as opposed to the many other Lada teams).

One of our goals this weekend was to do our best to not slow the fast cars down and I think we did a pretty good job of it over the course of the weekend. However, I did cut one of you guys off going into the carousel late in the race.  Just wanted to apologize. 

We had a great time this weekend. Thanks to all the people who passed us- which is almost everyone for not running us off the track.

The lada is completely undamaged and the oil looks as clean as it did when we first filled it. We're going to look for a little more power out of that little engine and bring it back for another race.

Re: Lada driver, looking for Kielbasa Kids guys

You guys were great and I hope you had fun with your celebration. The burning question is: did you buy the beer with nickles?

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

Loved seeing you guys on track, and using you to scrape traffic who didn't look ahead off...

Around 11am, we were overheating and babying the car, and I radio'd in "oh shit, i just got passed by the lada guys, kill me now"  More water and some coolant burping later and I avenged myself and managed to pass the lada again.. smile

-Chip

Free Candy Racing
www.freecandyracing.com

I'm glad we were an effective rolling roadblock.  Passing was terrifying in the Lada. We only passed a couple of times in the whole race, but with probably 60hp, there was plenty of time to imagine getting rear-ended by a full-sized snoopy van. 

We're planning to spend our nickels on more vodka!

Rory Carroll wrote:

Hello, I'm the captain from the Lada team at Nelson Ledges (as opposed to the many other Lada teams).

One of our goals this weekend was to do our best to not slow the fast cars down and I think we did a pretty good job of it over the course of the weekend. However, I did cut one of you guys off going into the carousel late in the race.  Just wanted to apologize. 

We had a great time this weekend. Thanks to all the people who passed us- which is almost everyone for not running us off the track.

The lada is completely undamaged and the oil looks as clean as it did when we first filled it. We're going to look for a little more power out of that little engine and bring it back for another race.

Rory, did you get your car on the Canadian side, i.e. in the Soo or Windsor, or was it imported into the US as a driver? BTW how thick is the sheet metal?

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

6 (edited by MurileeMartin 2009-10-08 07:21 AM)

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2008/10/340x_PCH_Townwagon_Lada.jpg

The Lada started out as a Project Car Hell car on Jalopnik! Rory had to remind me of this, since I'm only capable of remembering the last few PCH cars at any given moment.

Daniel from Blame Canada..  I helped push your car once and bought a shirt lol.

One of my best memories from the weekend was when I was working on the stratus in the trailer and you guys rolled by from BS inspection, all piled on the car, waving the soviet flag and blasting their national anthem.  I laughed so hard.