Topic: next year's schedule

When is it expected to be released?  Can't wait to run Lemons again.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

2 (edited by Troy 2009-10-07 05:57 AM)

Re: next year's schedule

They said they schedule would be posted in October. 

Well, it's been October for 7 whole days.  How long do they think we can wait to plan our next fix?

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:

They said they schedule would be posted in October. 

Well, it's been October for 7 whole days.  How long do they think we can wait to plan our next fix?

x2

bwahahahaha........      we are ready!

Owner: Stanford Motorsports (sounds better than it is!)
Lamest Day entry:  Team EAU RUDE  silver/red NON-CHEATING Sentra SE-R #40  (Crew Chief, Large Fat Bald Guy with white Mutton Chop sideburns)
Other nonsense:  Solo Director, Cincy SCCA, Board of Directors, Cincy SCCA

I have three severely broken cars that all will hopefully be ready by next March.  Bring it!

1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

5 (edited by MagnumPI 2009-10-08 02:49 AM)

Hoping Nelson Ledges is back on the schedule... please smile

Team Magnum PI ness  #357  -

106th place at Nelson Ledges - The Lamest Days
-oil pressure failure leading to engine failure

Yes, Nelson was a great track for Lemons and I thought it handled 130 cars very well.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

+1 for nelson and I'd love to see something in the chicago area or maybe even Elkhart Lake. It's pretty hard making CMP more than once a year when you live more than 6 hours away.

Serj wrote:

+1 for nelson and I'd love to see something in the chicago area or maybe even Elkhart Lake. It's pretty hard making CMP more than once a year when you live more than 6 hours away.

Man, I wish CMP was only 6 hours away for us.

It's coming soon.

I really hope you guys do something in the St Louis area for 2010.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

Theta Tau #36 wrote:

We need to get a Lemons race at Waterford Hills.  I live within earshot of the track.  The Detroitish race has migrated further and further away each year.  Nelson is a great track, but it would be really nice to have an event at Waterford too.

I would too, but there are some issues: it would only be two 8 hour enduro's (at most). Neighborhood rules limit on-track activity to 10am-6pm. Plus they are limited to the number of weekends they can use each year, so this would have to be a priority for them (although I'm sure they'd get a decent enough payout to make it a priority!)

Another problem is the track length and paddock size - couldn't hold 130 teams, for sure.

Theta Tau #36 wrote:

We need to get a Lemons race at Waterford Hills.  I live within earshot of the track.  The Detroitish race has migrated further and further away each year.  Nelson is a great track, but it would be really nice to have an event at Waterford too.

I just can't see Waterford working  It's way too narrow and small plus there is always the chance of winding up under water in the swamp.  ChumpCar is going to GingerMan next year which will be good  That track is wide and forgiving.  Grattan is another track that is fantastic, but WAY too technical for the Lemons crowd.  I've seen some hairy crashes there.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Awww, I always thought that risk of swamp beasts were motivation to keep all 4 tires on the tarmac! (taj racing went hunting for one so, maybe I'm wrong?)

Summit Point full course? anyone?
VIR full course?

Daytona road course? Full 24 hour? smile
Sebring?

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

Though thinking about the Daytona course... the banking is so steep that the Wartburg may have issues keeping its speed high enough to keep from sliding down..
but the videos of a Lemons race at Daytona would be awesome...

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

some new tracks were leaked out during the lamest day. I don't remember what they were though.

Bill Strong wrote:

Summit Point full course? anyone?
VIR full course?

Daytona road course? Full 24 hour? smile
Sebring?

VIR and Sebring are being run by ChumpCar... not sure if they are full 24

I keep hearing how most of detroit is abandoned, we can probably buy several city blocks for $10 and do a street circuit there.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I think we need a track with jumps! Get some Subaru BRATs and Baja Bugs to contend!

What could possibly go wrong?

BoB wrote:

I keep hearing how most of detroit is abandoned, we can probably buy several city blocks for $10 and do a street circuit there.

Can we, can we?  Pleasepleaseplease?  I'll donate the $10.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

VIR and Rockingham for Chump are full 24 hour races.  Sepbring is 11+ hours. 

+1 for Summit Point or New Jersey Motorsports Park.  Pretty please with sugar on it?

Indianapolis F1 course. IMS is hurting for cash right now so I'm sure they would go for it. Then we could all use Gasoline Alley and die happy someday.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

MurileeMartin wrote:

I think we need a track with jumps! Get some Subaru BRATs and Baja Bugs to contend!

Yeah, an X-games style figure eight crossover would be perfect!!

MurileeMartin wrote:

'Zactly!

MurileeMartin wrote:

If we run a BRAT can we get some kind of exclusion for going off the track.  I mean the mud and dirt is the BRATs natural habitat and letting it take a shortcut through the infield may give it a chance to finish well.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

+1,000,000 for NJMP!

Serj wrote:

It's pretty hard making CMP more than once a year when you live more than 6 hours away.

6 hours?  sheesh.  we were thrilled that NL was less than 10 hours away.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11