Re: next year's schedule

I have a Celica ST165 AllTrac that would make an awesome 'Off-Road" Lemons car!

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

FreeRange wrote:
Bill Strong wrote:

Summit Point full course? anyone?
VIR full course?

Daytona road course? Full 24 hour? smile
Sebring?

VIR and Sebring are being run by ChumpCar... not sure if they are full 24

FYI, the published Chump Car VIR North course date is currently held by my home club as we do two annual HPDE events at VIR every year.  So unless something changes the Chump Car date will have to be moved.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

MurileeMartin wrote:

I think we need a track with jumps! Get some Subaru BRATs and Baja Bugs to contend!

What could possibly go wrong?

Perfect we will bring the Prerunner back out that we gave ya guys rides in at Buttonwillow, it will be much more fun with sweet jumps!

29 (edited by Serj 2009-10-08 10:18 AM)

Buzz Killington wrote:

+1,000,000 for NJMP!

Serj wrote:

It's pretty hard making CMP more than once a year when you live more than 6 hours away.

6 hours?  sheesh.  we were thrilled that NL was less than 10 hours away.

hehe, well, forgive my miscalculation, it seems i forgot that some of the guys on my crew think it's a race to the track. I just google'd the directions and it looks like 11hours is the fastest legal route >_>

with NL it was 3 hours, i just drove the car to the track! I had a lady in a corvette complimenting the Buick at a gas station too, LOL.

Serj wrote:

hehe, well, forgive my miscalculation, it seems i forgot that some of the guys on my crew think it's a race to the track. I just google'd the directions and it looks like 11hours is the fastest legal route >_>

with NL it was 3 hours, i just drove the car to the track! I had a lady in a corvette complimenting the Buick at a gas station too, LOL.

lol.

i hear you.  CMP is a solid 10 from Philly.  NL was less than 7.  even Stafford is a good 5 hours with traffic.

here's hoping for Summit Point or NJMP.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/62/199926539_e586b272cb.jpg

I remember what happened the last time someone tried to jump my minivan...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/68/200607596_574d5741e2.jpg

I ended up with a big hole in the transmission pan!

Oh, wait. That was someone else driving it. Surely with my mad driving skillz (and a massive skid plate) that wouldn't happen.

I've got a feeling that everyone who has lowered their cars for previous races will start feeling a bit of regret.

Autobahn Country Club in Joliet would be awesome.  It could probably be a full 24 as well.  They don't have any neighbors to worry about anymore.

SOUTH COURSE

Heck ... ok lets run mosport.. smile

Team Magnum PI ness  #357  -

106th place at Nelson Ledges - The Lamest Days
-oil pressure failure leading to engine failure

Watkins Glen and /or Lime Rock !!!!!

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

Clueless Racing Reed wrote:

Autobahn Country Club in Joliet would be awesome.  It could probably be a full 24 as well.  They don't have any neighbors to worry about anymore.

SOUTH COURSE

Never been there, but it's only 2 hours from "home" for us, so consider this a second vote!

(I'd go for full course though)

36 (edited by BoB 2009-10-08 11:47 AM)

Niles Stonne wrote:
Clueless Racing Reed wrote:

SOUTH COURSE

Never been there, but it's only 2 hours from "home" for us, so consider this a second vote!

(I'd go for full course though)

I've heard a lot of good things about there, but I either hear about a track day a week after it was or it is on a day that I can't make it.  You can count me as a third vote, but I'm not sure this works like a democracy.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

prime suspect wrote:

*drool*

12+-time loser

Buzz Killington wrote:
prime suspect wrote:

*drool*

LOL  ditto..................

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

You guys are crazy about Watkins, that place is a car eater

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

given that what we're racing are barely "cars", i'm willing to take the chance.

12+-time loser

MurileeMartin wrote:

I think we need a track with jumps! Get some Subaru BRATs and Baja Bugs to contend!

What could possibly go wrong?

Glad I kept the Cherokee's stock springs!  Let's do it!

-TPC

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

I"m still waiting for the 10 story parking lot race.........

Watkins Glen ? Mosport ? Lime Rock?   - I don't think so.   I've raced at all three AND I've seen you guys drive.   If we go to those three places people are gonna die!!!

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

Buzz Killington wrote:

given that what we're racing are barely "cars", i'm willing to take the chance.

aint the cars I worry about

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

My Detroit perspective:

- Mosport would be awesome, but it's really too much track for these cars & someone could get seriously hurt.

- The Glen would be cool, as I've never been there & always wanted to.

- Mid-Ohio would be fantastic, but would cost probably three times or more whatever Nelson charged.

- Autobahn would be a nightmare for the organizers because the club members have some goofy rights & there's nothing you can do about it.

- Blackhawk Farms would be a great fit if there was a bridge into the paddock... having to cross the track means the spectators are stuck inside or out.... same for Grattan

- Road America is in the same boat as Mid-Ohio... pricey & hard to get now that they have the Runoffs.

- Hartland Park Topeka maybe?!

- O'Rielly Raceway Park (IRP) would be neat... turns 1-4 are fast!  Dragstrip would be brutal if it rains.

- I think they ran some kind of enduro at Kentucky Speedway a couple years ago... oval or roval, I'm not sure.

Sounds like Gateway is out... Gingerman, Memphis, Shannonville & Putnam are taken.

I'm happy with Nelson & one more in the Midwest... especially a second Nelson!!

Eric

Lime Rocks restrictions on Sunday racing pretty well eliminate it from the possibilities

EBudman wrote:

Lime Rocks restrictions on Sunday racing pretty well eliminate it from the possibilities

Why - Friday to Saturday race?

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:
EBudman wrote:

Why - Friday to Saturday race?

That or you could do a Saturday/Monday on a holiday weekend & give everyone a chance to fix stuff or a car show on Sunday..... since we are now bigger than TransAm, why not?!  big_smile

"Bigger than Trans Am."
Funny. I swear I have seen more spectators at our events then I have seen at the pro races the past few years.

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

Theta Tau #36 wrote:

We need to get a Lemons race at Waterford Hills.  I live within earshot of the track.  The Detroitish race has migrated further and further away each year.  Nelson is a great track, but it would be really nice to have an event at Waterford too.

Can you imagine trying to fit everyone in the paddock at Waterford, though--especially all the guys who don't have Waterford-sized trailers?  Also, with the semi-draconian noise restrictions in place, there'd never be a 24-hour race there.  You know the neighbors would never allow it.

For a track with a jump, there's always Grattan.  As pointed out by someone else, though, there's no getting out of the infield while the race is running.  That would be a problem.

Enjoy every sandwich.