Re: next year's schedule

I for one would like to see this run as a true " road race"     shut down some streets somewhere ,  they used to run a pretty big go cart race in a little town north of Columbus called Commercial Point.  Its seems to me it wouldnt be that hard to find a large industrial area ( which would be dead on the weekends anyway)  with decent roads within a small municipality somewhere that would work    I can think of one area on the west side of Columbus that used to be THE place to street race  ( Westbelt)    that would be perfect

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

Figure 8

Team Cougar Bait

ecugrad wrote:
Buzz Killington wrote:

given that what we're racing are barely "cars", i'm willing to take the chance.

aint the cars I worry about

i stand by my initial statement.  wink

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

prime suspect wrote:

I for one would like to see this run as a true " road race"     shut down some streets somewhere ,  they used to run a pretty big go cart race in a little town north of Columbus called Commercial Point.  Its seems to me it wouldnt be that hard to find a large industrial area ( which would be dead on the weekends anyway)  with decent roads within a small municipality somewhere that would work    I can think of one area on the west side of Columbus that used to be THE place to street race  ( Westbelt)    that would be perfect

Pass the bong, brother.  That ain't never going to happen.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Daytona.
any reason why we could not run Daytona as a 24 hour event?

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

The guys at GRM should have some sort of contacts there right?

Bill Strong

Grattan is absolutely out of the question. People would die.

WH might work - the paddock could flow out of the track area, but keep in mind that the track can only be hot from 10AM to 5:30PM on any day.

Gingerman would be fine. Plenty of room, great runoffs, solid teaching-track layout, great showers, etc.

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

Daytona has to be unbelievably expen$ive to rent. And then you have to deal with the France family and all the Florida Crackers.........

I went to the Rolex 24 in '05. We got our tickets Friday night at the ticket office. We asked what time do the gates open in the morning. They didn't know, go ask at the "Information window." We did and they didn't know either!?!?!?

Totally different experience from the last time I was there in'91, '90, '83, '82.

There's a Chumpcar race already scheduled at Gingerman for August next year. Should be good.

There was a street race in downtown Pontiac, MI in the 70's (along wide-track drive). That sure would be cool (but dangerous).

Belle isle? Detroit needs money bad enough and having 100 teams wouldn,t be a stretch. They got it all cleaned up for what? ONE indy race? At least we could offer to throw in a few nickels to fill that financial obligation.

maybe have Lemons support sprint races with said indy car events. A good way to showcase my 46 3/4 year old, slightly-way overweight, mad skilz talent to some Indy car team wanting to replace some of their over paid hero race car drivers.

Bill Strong

When I first moved down to Dallas in '94, we used to have a Grand Prix of Dallas. Of course it didn't have F1 anymore (that was a one-race thing, I think, in 1984), but I'm pretty sure that it was an event on the SCCA Trans-Am calendar and then there were a bunch of support races. In 1994, it was held on a temporary road circuit over by Reunion Arena (which has since been/is being bulldozed). It would be fun to have a road course race over there again. With Reunion Arena being kaput, there is a ton of open parking space for the paddock area.

I'm sure the mighty and large Lemons Organization could quickly and easily pick up all the permits needed to close roads for this event. Ha!

But seriously, we ran a track day out at Eagles Canyon (northwest of Fort Worth) a couple weekends ago and it is a seriously fun track. Good elevation changes, some good but not too-long straights, out in the middle of nowhere but it has plenty of paddock space. It would be a fun track for Lemons.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Seriously, the city of Detroit's so broke, they'd probably let us do it for free if they thought it would bring in some tax revenue somehow.

24 hours of Cobo Hall, anyone?

Enjoy every sandwich.

64 (edited by davisriley 2009-10-09 11:31 AM)

smackela wrote:

Seriously, the city of Detroit's so broke, they'd probably let us do it for free if they thought it would bring in some tax revenue somehow.

I think as long as we bought gas in the city limits, they would let it happen.  Camping could be interesting, and where in hell would we get enough armor for everyone?

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

davisriley wrote:
smackela wrote:

I think as long as we bought gas in the city limits, they would let it happen.  Camping could be interesting, and where in hell would we get enough armor for everyone?

C'mon, man--we only "won" the murder capital award last year by, like, half a percentage point.  You just need to bring an old Yank tank (or Volvo) with the thick sheetmetal.  None of this paper-thin Honda stuff!

Enjoy every sandwich.

smackela wrote:
davisriley wrote:
smackela wrote:

C'mon, man--we only "won" the murder capital award last year by, like, half a percentage point.  You just need to bring an old Yank tank (or Volvo) with the thick sheetmetal.  None of this paper-thin Honda stuff!

I was talking about camping.....

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Free accomodations at the ren cen?

davisriley wrote:
smackela wrote:
davisriley wrote:

I was talking about camping.....

Oh, right.  Probably you'll want to camp in your parts car.

Enjoy every sandwich.

davisriley wrote:

Call it the 24 Hours of Lemons: Mad Max's Detroit Thunderdome Derby. Require all vehicles to carry weapons for fending off interlopers. Nerf bars would be mandatory. Anyone entering a hooned-out Ford XB Falcon (Oz version) with exposed blower automatically wins the race.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

to jay & guys in charge......lets do 24 hours at cmp . i think that would be a BLAST ! thats my $.o2 cents worth.  racingralph.

CMP has quiet hours we have to abide by. A 24-hour race would be completely out of the question there unless all the cars were held to something absurd like a 40dB noise limit.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

ronman wrote:

CMP has quiet hours we have to abide by. A 24-hour race would be completely out of the question there unless all the cars were held to something absurd like a 40dB noise limit.

Plus don't forget one hour of racing car silence for Jesus on Sunday.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Mulry wrote:
davisriley wrote:

Call it the 24 Hours of Lemons: Mad Max's Detroit Thunderdome Derby. Require all vehicles to carry weapons for fending off interlopers. Nerf bars would be mandatory. Anyone entering a hooned-out Ford XB Falcon (Oz version) with exposed blower automatically wins the race.

Less of a joke than you know...I've been to Detroit maybe six or seven times in the last ten years...was robbed once and had my rental car windshield shot another time. The mobile glass guy took one look and said ".38...the 9mm make a neater hole"..it was a stray....Stay off Livernois  when the sun goes down... so basically, I'd run a Lemons event there, since my car would fit in perfectly.

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Just saw the entire schedule for 2010 -- but I'm not going to tell you schlubs anything.

ha ha ha!

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

Plus don't forget one hour of racing car silence for Jesus on Sunday.

Please tell me you're kidding.

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching