Re: next year's schedule

jimeditorial wrote:
Mulry wrote:
davisriley wrote:

I think as long as we bought gas in the city limits, they would let it happen.  Camping could be interesting, and where in hell would we get enough armor for everyone?

Call it the 24 Hours of Lemons: Mad Max's Detroit Thunderdome Derby. Require all vehicles to carry weapons for fending off interlopers. Nerf bars would be mandatory. Anyone entering a hooned-out Ford XB Falcon (Oz version) with exposed blower automatically wins the race.

Less of a joke than you know...I've been to Detroit maybe six or seven times in the last ten years...was robbed once and had my rental car windshield shot another time. The mobile glass guy took one look and said ".38...the 9mm make a neater hole"..it was a stray....Stay off Livernois  when the sun goes down... so basically, I'd run a Lemons event there, since my car would fit in perfectly.

I've lived here all 28 years of my life. Have you ever been around detroit on New years at 12:00AM?  I swear it sounds like a war zone.  I think EVERYONE shoots their guns into the air.  Shot gun blasts, machine guns, hand guns, whatever.   Police and EMS usually avoid leaving the station from 11:00pm to 3:00AM.  True story.

Rockford Brodie wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

Plus don't forget one hour of racing car silence for Jesus on Sunday.

Please tell me you're kidding.

It's true. I THINK the story is something like when they built the track, a Church 8 miles away agreed to not hold up their plans IF they agreed to pause from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm on Sunday.

Which they do. All race engines must be off.

It actually works out well, as that's when we do the Curse.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

Just saw the entire schedule for 2010 -- but I'm not going to tell you schlubs anything.

ha ha ha!

I was hoping this would get back to the thread to the schedule....

This post does not help me.

Chotus! Chotus! Chotus! Chotus!

Ann Arbor doesn't count.  wink

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Steve W wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

Just saw the entire schedule for 2010 -- but I'm not going to tell you schlubs anything.

ha ha ha!

I was hoping this would get back to the thread to the schedule....

This post does not help me.

HA HA HA!

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Cruel and unusual punishment handed down from the bench once again...

Serj wrote:

Belle isle? Detroit needs money bad enough and having 100 teams wouldn,t be a stretch. They got it all cleaned up for what? ONE indy race? At least we could offer to throw in a few nickels to fill that financial obligation.

thats a pretty good idea.................................

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

83 (edited by soldmystang 2009-10-09 05:20 PM)

Rockford Brodie wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

Brodie, you don't know about this and you're from the book burning capital of the US?

it is traditional for Southern tracks to have a Queit Hour on Sunday.  VIR, CMP, & Roebling Road all practice this tradition.  damn yankees. sad

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Judge Jonny wrote:
ronman wrote:

CMP has quiet hours we have to abide by. A 24-hour race would be completely out of the question there unless all the cars were held to something absurd like a 40dB noise limit.

WWJD at Lemons...
Woah.... just had a thought for an EPIC theme:

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2005 … bay-p1.php

William
Team SOB

soldmystang wrote:
Rockford Brodie wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

Brodie, you don't know about this and you're from the book burning capital of the US?

it is traditional for Southern tracks to have a Queit Hour on Sunday.  VIR, CMP, & Roebling Road all practice this tradition.  damn yankees. sad

Gingerman has Sunday morning quiet hours as well, so it's not just a southern thing!

EBudman wrote:
soldmystang wrote:
Rockford Brodie wrote:

Gingerman has Sunday morning quiet hours as well, so it's not just a southern thing!

just like a yankee, tryin to steal a tradition...... smile

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Bill Strong wrote:

Summit Point full course? anyone?
VIR full course?

Daytona road course? Full 24 hour? smile
Sebring?

Very doubtful that VIR Full course would work well for Lemons.  Maybe the North course or Patriot course though. 

-Scott

Scott Barton

Very doubtful that VIR Full course would work well for Lemons.  Maybe the North course or Patriot course though.

-Scott

lol... but 14, 14a and 15 would separate the men from the wannabes... really fast! Probably better than Detroit!

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

Hehehe.   I use the turn in arrow at 14 as my braking point.  Of course my car can only do 130mph and thats going down the hill  lol.

-Scott

Scott Barton

ya, I know... I was in it!

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

North Course includes 14 & 15 boys.

Hogpen could be a little dicey.  especially with a Crown Vic in the vicinity.

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

sbarton wrote:

Hehehe.   I use the turn in arrow at 14 as my braking point.  Of course my car can only do 130mph and thats going down the hill  lol.

-Scott

so did i happen to chase you into turn one at a Chin event a few years back?  white BMW, late 80s P-Car snap spin in front of me?  smile

Desperately Seeking Susan...........baaawwwwhhahaahahahahahahahha

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Lemons Pike's Peak!

MurileeMartin wrote:

Lemons Pike's Peak!

Fuck that -- Lemons's Dakar!

MurileeMartin wrote:

Lemons Pike's Peak!

This.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Bonneville Lemons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   talk about separating the men from the boys ..............        ( or the suicidal from the NOT suicidal .....)                     or maybe Drag Lemons !!    which I have been doing for decades anyway without even trying

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

prime suspect wrote:

or maybe Drag Lemons !!

Was done at No Problems in New Orleans this year.

Lemons v. BABE rally cars on the drag strip.

It was....um....slow.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

jimeditorial wrote:
Mulry wrote:
davisriley wrote:

Call it the 24 Hours of Lemons: Mad Max's Detroit Thunderdome Derby. Require all vehicles to carry weapons for fending off interlopers. Nerf bars would be mandatory. Anyone entering a hooned-out Ford XB Falcon (Oz version) with exposed blower automatically wins the race.

Less of a joke than you know...I've been to Detroit maybe six or seven times in the last ten years...was robbed once and had my rental car windshield shot another time. The mobile glass guy took one look and said ".38...the 9mm make a neater hole"..it was a stray....Stay off Livernois  when the sun goes down... so basically, I'd run a Lemons event there, since my car would fit in perfectly.

You big pussy! big_smile I've lived here all 22 years of my life and I haven't been in an incursion once. Did you have dollar bills taped to the outside of your car?

Better...I tried to buy gas at 2:00AM. It happened at a Marathon station and the kid in the cashier's booth kicked open the back door and ran away. The guy took cash and left my credit cards, expensive camera, laptop and the car itself. There was a late model Pontiac across the street on blocks, like the movies. I pulled my head out shortly after that experience. The rest of Detriot has always been great, friendly people. Except Grosse Pointe...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

99 (edited by EBudman 2009-10-10 06:30 AM)

I used to work on Plymouth road between Greenfield & Schaffer....  The building had more than a few bullet marks from stray shots.  One of the mechanics usually rolled in around 5:30am & one morning when he stopped for gas, he was told that he just missed the gun fight... yikes!

Last fall, one of the technicians stopped for gas after work & had his car stolen when he went in to pay....  it's a wonderful place to, uh, gamble?!  Oh wait, we've got Windsor, nevermind... big_smile

Eric

Judge Jonny wrote:

I'm not going to tell you schlubs anything.

ha ha ha!

DAMN YOU!!!  At least a rough ETA would be nice for the folks going thru DT's

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!