Re: next year's schedule

I would assume that they don't have the schedule buttoned up just yet, because there no reason to withhold it.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

we all seem to have fun stories of detroit, I'm thinking I should continue Campaigning for the Belle Isle 24 Hours of Lemons (Don't fall off the Island)!

Judge Jonny wrote:
Rockford Brodie wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

Plus don't forget one hour of racing car silence for Jesus on Sunday.

Please tell me you're kidding.

It's true. I THINK the story is something like when they built the track, a Church 8 miles away agreed to not hold up their plans IF they agreed to pause from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm on Sunday.

Which they do. All race engines must be off.

It actually works out well, as that's when we do the Curse.

I've mentioned this before, but I think teams should have the option to PUSH their cars around the track during quiet time to rack up laps-- must have 1 person behind the wheel belted in and the rest of the team pushing while wearing full safety gear, of course (they are out on a race track, ya know). OR --if the insurance people don't like that-- allow a pedal-car option so that the driver can still be buckled in, in full safety gear and within the cage, and pedal their car themselves.

OR make a subset "Lemons Green" category and allow teams to carry roof/bumper/trunk mounted bicycle racks with a bicycle on it during the driving time and then ride the bike around the track during the quiet time with the same goal of accumulating laps to be attached to the overall total. Of course, the bike would be counted in the $500 total cost.

I did a bicycle race on Road America in WI a couple years. Really fun and challenging with the elevation changes there, but pretty greasy in the corners when it rained one year.

EBudman wrote:

I used to work on Plymouth road between Greenfield & Schaffer....  The building had more than a few bullet marks from stray shots.  One of the mechanics usually rolled in around 5:30am & one morning when he stopped for gas, he was told that he just missed the gun fight... yikes!

Last fall, one of the technicians stopped for gas after work & had his car stolen when he went in to pay....  it's a wonderful place to, uh, gamble?!  Oh wait, we've got Windsor, nevermind... big_smile

Eric

Despite my bad experiences, Detroit sure has some fantastic homes going super cheap....if they can find something for people to do there the Art Deco houses and potential loft space is incredible....Race there? Sure! besides, the two guys who got me let me live so I suppose that's kind of civil....

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

prime suspect wrote:

Bonneville Lemons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   talk about separating the men from the boys ..............        ( or the suicidal from the NOT suicidal .....)                     or maybe Drag Lemons !!    which I have been doing for decades anyway without even trying

Lemons in Drag... That might be interesting!~!

Everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

prime suspect wrote:

Bonneville Lemons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   talk about separating the men from the boys ..............        ( or the suicidal from the NOT suicidal .....)                     or maybe Drag Lemons !!    which I have been doing for decades anyway without even trying

more like separating the salt from the .... what's left of the car.
Salt throughout the undercarriage, let me show you!

Team photographer and "sure I'll drive" hanger-on: more races than I ever imagined... MRolla/FX32/Mormon Meteor IV
http://www.facebook.com/StickFigureRacing
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkiel/coll … 604631509/
http://www.jkiel.com/

jkfoto wrote:
prime suspect wrote:

more like separating the salt from the .... what's left of the car.
Salt throughout the undercarriage, let me show you!

I'm guessing that many of us wouldn't notice any real difference in our cars.

Nelson Ledges 10/09, Gingerman 4/10, Gingerman 10/10 (4th place!)

ecugrad wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

I'm not going to tell you schlubs anything.

ha ha ha!

DAMN YOU!!!  At least a rough ETA would be nice for the folks going thru DT's

That's a fair point.

I'll say this, all the races next year will take place during 2010 and will be within the lower 48.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:
ecugrad wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

ha ha ha!

That's a fair point.

I'll say this, all the races next year will take place during 2010 and will be within the lower 48.

What? Still no Canadian dates? Don't you guys like good beer and rye whiskey?

Jim "Endo" Anderton

With Shannonville taken, what's left?!  Mosport would start a pile of heaps on the outside of T2.  I ran the oval at Cayuga once, but ovals seem to be on the way out....  Mont Tremblant would be awesome but the ownership may have issues with anything crapcan-ish being anywhere near his place & I don't see us getting an invite to Trois Riviere anytime soon!!

Eric

Cayuga (Toronto Motorsports Park) has a 3km road course, and Mosport has a "driver development" road circuit, too....Shannonville is probably the ideal track....does Chumpcar have a monopoly? I'd prefer Mosport main circuit but marshaling would probably be an issue, esp. T2...obviously you've been  there too!

Jim "Endo" Anderton

112 (edited by EBudman 2009-10-10 06:47 PM)

Chumpcar claimed that they are trying to go places that Lemons doesn't & make it sound like they're working together to cover more area.  How hard they're trying to not step on each others toes is anyones guess.  Shannonville wasn't one of my favorite tracks, but it's definitely a good fit for this format.

I was at Cayuga in 2000, so the 1.8ish mile road course would be a welcome addition!

I thought the Mosport "driver development" circuit was a kart track, but I've obviously never paid much attention on the way by..... as far as Turn two goes... I've been there, but thankfully nothing more than harmless spins & after the track was renovated, widened & the barriers moved back.  I brought the F1200 back full of dirt & gravel more than once big_smile

Two good Mosport laps... the video doesn't do the elevation changes justice, but the speed is obvious:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1cWhEd2nsk

Eric

Lemons at Tremblant. Makes me smile just to think of the angst and pain it would cause organizers and track and town. Actually the poor fit and potential for fisticuffs makes it all the more appealing.

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

I vote Lemons in the dirt:

http://www.overthebarsgang.com/eddieville.html

I vote to run a full 24 hour race at Autobahn Country Club.  The neighbors are all removed to build a gigantic intermodal.  I don't think anybody would be upset about the noise.  The facility is top notch and close to Chicago for spectators.

Judge Jonny wrote:
ecugrad wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

ha ha ha!

That's a fair point.

http://www.midwestpd.com/images/temp/Jesus%20Christ%20Thumbs%20up.jpg

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

Agreed RE Gingerman- would be great because it's a wide open track with a lot of runoff room and great spectating ability.  However the Sunday Silence rule does affect the true 24 hour plan.  Still, it would be a GREAT track for Lemons and the track owner is a real race fan

Autobahn does have the room and the neighbors should not be an issue- all bought out by industry like others said.  The surrounding road and site improvements are being constructed as we speak.  However the member rights thing is certainly a concern.  However however, I think ABCC is not doing too well according to some well-to-do people I know.  So the Lemons event could provide some income they need?  I doubt the track day DE follow-me-but-don't-pass-me-until-I-say-you-can events provide a huge revenue to the track?

Still, ABCC would be a hoot for these piles of shiat because it's fairly safe.  Just watch out for S3.  That turn will total anybody who turns in too early and runs out of track on exit.  It surprises the hell out of you when it happens.  RESPECT S3!!!!  That guardrail has claimed more cars (some BIG dollar ones, both race cars and member exotica) than anywhere else on the track, w/out question.

Otherwise maybe the Chicagoland NASTYCAR speedway could host Lemons!   wink

Kevin

118 (edited by Clueless Racing Reed 2009-10-11 10:24 AM)

KTL wrote:

Agreed RE Gingerman- would be great because it's a wide open track with a lot of runoff room and great spectating ability.  However the Sunday Silence rule does affect the true 24 hour plan.  Still, it would be a GREAT track for Lemons and the track owner is a real race fan

Autobahn does have the room and the neighbors should not be an issue- all bought out by industry like others said.  The surrounding road and site improvements are being constructed as we speak.  However the member rights thing is certainly a concern.  However however, I think ABCC is not doing too well according to some well-to-do people I know.  So the Lemons event could provide some income they need?  I doubt the track day DE follow-me-but-don't-pass-me-until-I-say-you-can events provide a huge revenue to the track?

Still, ABCC would be a hoot for these piles of shiat because it's fairly safe.  Just watch out for S3.  That turn will total anybody who turns in too early and runs out of track on exit.  It surprises the hell out of you when it happens.  RESPECT S3!!!!  That guardrail has claimed more cars (some BIG dollar ones, both race cars and member exotica) than anywhere else on the track, w/out question.

Otherwise maybe the Chicagoland NASTYCAR speedway could host Lemons!   wink

The member rights guarantee's that the members will have one track or the other available to them pretty much every day.  It wouldn't be a problem at all to occupy the second track for 3 days.  The food is good and there are plenty of local parts stores and gas stations.

South 5 requires some respect as well.  Plenty of people have run out of track, yanked the car back on, and ended up in the wall on the other side.  It is a relatively safe track though.

119 (edited by ronman 2009-10-11 12:01 PM)

I love how everyone always thinks that the only track worth racing at is the one that's within an hour's drive of their house.
I've driven over 7,000 miles this season and I only went to four races! Suck it up, Nancies!

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

ronman wrote:

I love how everyone always thinks that the only track worth racing at is the one that's within an hour's drive of their house.
I've driven over 7,000 miles this season and I only went to four races! Suck it up, Nancies!

Promote this man!

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

We did 1000 miles to one race.  I know the feeling.  Nothing like the 8 hour drive home after being up for 2 days.  That was fun.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

the drive is all part of the adventure.  Would I like a race coser to home??  Sure,  but if the event is worthwhile I'll be there!  Aint no stoppin me!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

1000 miles? Ha, amateurs.
This is my trip odometer upon arriving home from Nelson Ledges:

http://i36.tinypic.com/98vt00.jpg

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Lemons Vegas to Reno!  Worst in the dirt!

I"ll gladly go to NL again.  Most all of the tracks within earshot of Chi-town, that would be willing to host this wacky event, are BORING.

The long drive is no biggie so long as you've got other people willing to drive the tow vehicle and not be a candyass.  Some in our group are afraid to drive anything that is pulling something behind it....

The only downside about the haul is the occasional trailer fail.  Part of our trailer was tired of keeping up and decided to go it alone with oncoming traffic.  That sucked..........

Kevin