Re: Gallons Per Hour - Call it out

.650 L Polaris
  1650lb (race weight) Miata
  10 gallon tank
   1.75 hour duration flat out (which actually means keeping the throttle matted 98% of the time and using the brake, gotta keep it on the pipe)
   5.7ish GPH race fuel, a combination of  1 part 112 octane leaded and 4 parts 91 octane unleaded.
   24 ounces of synthetic two-stroke oil per hour.

Yeah, we have a mixing lab going during the race....

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

I've been avoiding doing the math, but I'm pretty sure we run the highest dollar-per-gallon fuel in all of Lemons.

And I think it was 116 octane, not 112.  We could drop the cost substantially by blending 87 instead of 91.  And buying avgas instead of race gas...

Scott

More for the database:

Car:  56-ish Renault/VW 4CV
Engine:  1.8 8V head & , 2.0 shortblock, Weber dgev
Course: HPR
GPH: 4.5-ish, known to be running too rich.
Capacity: 12 Gal cell w/foam, vane pump. facet pumps don't pull vacc well and fail if asked to do it often (learned hard way).
Best endurance: ~2.5 hrs before starved & stranded.  If it hesitates, pit now!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Speedycop wrote:

Mark VIII used as much as 10GPH.
X-90 used as little as 4.5 GPH.
The Donk at Stafford, cruising along in drive, managed to go almost 4 hours with me at the helm on a single stock (20+ gallon) tank, and still had a little left. V8 doesn't automatically mean thirsty.

It does if yer doin' it right wink

Actually, its no the engine size anyway. Not sure the exact math but its something along BSFC/lb/hr/hp... Basically, the weight you are accelerating, and how fast you are moving it.. Number of cylinders doesn't matter, but for a given rate of acceleration you may need more of them cylinders or forced induction!

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

1967 SAAB 96

850cc SAAB three-cylinder two-stroke, believed to be stock.  I'll know after I open it up to inspect the damage.

The Ridge

2.5 GPH

11 gallon stock tank

Difficult to gauge endurance, as we added fuel at the end of every two hours anyway.

Three Solex carbs, four-speed column shift, twelve fluid ounces of synthetic two-stroke oil per five-gallon fuel jug.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

1983 Plymouth Scamp

2.5L TBI

The Ridge

5.5 GPH

13 gallon stock tank, but can only access 7 gallons before fuel starvation.

Lorin Mueller
Scuderia Asino formerly Team Haulin' Ass - 83 Plymouth Scamp
Team Soccer Moms - 93 Dodge Caravan

Car: 1988 IROC
Engine: Tuned Port Inlected 355ci
Course: Any
GPH: 6.0
Capacity: 22
Best Endurance: 2:5-3H
Worst endurance: Fuck me it's all over the place... I think 10 laps.

We are going to try a 500fcm 2bbl and 670 4bbl w/vac secondary to see what happens.

#3 IROC MAIDEN

Car: '86 Chevy Camaro
Engine: 305 SBC
Course: Summit Point
GPH: 6.5
Capacity: 15 Gal
Best endurance: 2 hours (pitting for sake of letting all drivers try to drive)
Notes: Holley 600 cfm vacuum secondaries, Auto trans keeping revs around 4200 max

Well, this is depressing.

Car: '93 Miata
Engine: '95 Polaris XLT (XCR) 600cc
Course: The Ridge
GPH: 10.0 with three cylinders, 7.5 with two
Capacty: 11-ish gallons of 92 octane blended 1.25:1 with 110 leaded race gas and 4 oz/gal of two-stroke oil (~$7/gal)

Scott

bossnova wrote:

Car. 1985 toyota mr2
Engine.4age  Decked block/head but otherwise stock
Course.Sears
GPM. 2 gph in rain 6-7 in dry
Capacity.10.4
Best endurance 2.5

6-7 on a 1.6 DOHC? you for real, bro?

Speedycop wrote:

Mark VIII used as much as 10GPH.
X-90 used as little as 4.5 GPH.
The Donk at Stafford, cruising along in drive, managed to go almost 4 hours with me at the helm on a single stock (20+ gallon) tank, and still had a little left. V8 doesn't automatically mean thirsty.

maybe I should have thought about that fuel cell a little bit more.... 10GPH is the most, what is average in the miii?

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

The Tom Sellicka Toyota gets about 2 GPH, averaged 17 MPG at Summit Point.

Fritz

Dahlinboysracing W/Frankenphil  '11 Crown Royal Vic SPWV 73 '12 Tom Sellecka Toyota NJMP 75 SPWV 43 NHMS 65, '13  Toylaren Monticello 120, Daytona 102, SPWV  83 HF! NJMP 41 NHMS 48th '14 Fireball  Integra NJMP 24th NJMP 18th NHMS 90th '15 NJMP 54th Daytona 33RD SPWV 4th Thompson  79th CMP 13th '16 NJMP 43 Thompson 21 CMP 32nd NHMS 24 '17 FB Integra NJMP 68 Cledus Snow Eldorado IGS 118, NCM 24