Topic: A verdict has been reached

Sadly after what appears to be a second coolant leak the Q45 of shanty town and MSR fame is no more the engine has overheated and seized I don't think we are going to change the engine out it may be time for us to aquire another car.  I found a smokin deal on a pair of derelect porsche 914 1.8 for $800 one of them even runs! that or I am also extremely tempted by a $400 carbed FB RX7 that I am told "when it starts runs very well"

If anyone wants a very well setup car that has a short but amazing Lemons pedigree let us know...put a new engine in her and it would be great for a few more races, as the rest of the car is in great shape we got rid of the active sus and have an adjustable toe rod in the back to get the suspension aligned right, fabbed up seat rail for an evo2/L

Formerly an asshole driving an Infinity
Now just another cock with a Porsche
Chief bad decision maker of Team Lowbrau

2 (edited by NDGeist 2009-10-08 07:54 AM)

Re: A verdict has been reached

sad

/cry

Watching you guys work on it the other day, i did come to the conclusion that there's a lot of extra shit in the engine compartment. 

Next year for the 2-3 races we're doing, we need to get together on a theme.

-Chip

Free Candy Racing
www.freecandyracing.com

Dang.. That Q45 sounded awesome on track at Nelson.  Good luck in your search for a new car!

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

The RX-7 has been done to death at Lemons, so the pair-o-914s would be the better choice if you want slam-dunk acceptance. There's a 914 that races at Thunderhill and it's hella fast. Well, until it breaks, which it does early and often.

Why not a Mazda 929, since you seem to appreciate fine Japanese luxury vehicles? Rear-wheel-drive, lots of power, smaller and less complicated than the Q45 yet still radiating a high-class aura (not to mention Mazda's stellar Lemons record). We have yet to see a Lemons 929, but I'm pretty sure the car is contender material.

I would give my left nut to find two 914s.  With the 5 speed transmission the car would be a perfect fit for Lemons plus you can dumb it down and use much earlier VW or Porche parts.   Lots of spares out there once you have the body and transmission.  Plus so many examples to steel ideas from over the years of racing. 

I have a neighbor that has a wrecked 911 that we were giving some thought to building this last Spring.... Thought it would look cool even though it would be primarily VW based since the parts are somewhat interchangeable.  A 914 would make it that much easier....

Good Luck love to hear what you decide to do.

Organizer's Choice Houston Yee-Haw Its Lemons 08', DNF Houston Yee-Haw Its Lemons 09'
Ugly Class 3 Winner Houston Gator-o-Rama  10', Ugly Class 3 Winner BFE Colorado 10', Ugly Class 3 Winner Texas World Speedway 12, We got Screwed Winner ECR 14', Barely Finished MSR 14' took a few years off but trying like hell for IOE in 2017!

Hey, I'd like to do a Jalopnik Project Car Hell post with a couple of Lemons veteran cars that are up for sale. One car will be the Police Brutality Cadillac, and the Q45 would be a good choice for the other one. How much do you want for it?

I suddenly want to drop a 454 Mercruiser into the caddy... PCH is like the dark side of shadetree mechanics. So Lusty, so wrong!

I will take a consensus on the team and see will PM you a price as soon as we reach an agreement.

there will be a price with or without head mounted to trunk

I am seriously debating a martini and martini racing theme like the old martini and rossi porsches but with vomit stains and reeking of booze (although if you have ever met me I pretty much always reek of booze)

10 (edited by the head 2009-10-09 06:11 AM)

MurileeMartin wrote:

Hey, I'd like to do a Jalopnik Project Car Hell post with a couple of Lemons veteran cars that are up for sale. One car will be the Police Brutality Cadillac, and the Q45 would be a good choice for the other one. How much do you want for it?

The price of the Q will be $600 (the monstrosity of a cage in it cost us double that) with no seat or harness, two sets of front brake pads, Tires will be the set of ventus we ran at MSR (at least one more non 24hr race in them).  We also had to pirate the race battery and mount out of it for another car.

Trixie will be an extra $50

Murilee are you still lobbying for a 929?  I think you told me no less than ten times last weekend how superb of a Lemons car a 929 would make.  Out of curiosity I had to look, you also have mentioned here on the forums five different times how much you would like to see a team bring one.  Your calls may not have fallen completely on deaf ears.  The Father/Son spectators that were hanging out in Shantytown for a bit were asking what kind of car would guarantee them admittance to a future race if they put together a team.  Although I told them their home built electric Fiero would be cool, I think you may have them convinced to look for a 929.

"I'm from Shanty Town"
1991 Infiniti Q45a - Half Assed Safety Fast, Team Lamest Mess Racing
1971 Poorsche 914 - Lowbrau Racing

Half Assed Safety Fast wrote:

Murilee are you still lobbying for a 929?

Yes, I won't be satisfied until we've seen one example of each 1990s Japanese luxury car.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Oh man, I can't wait for that. lol

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

And why hasn't anyone run an Acura Legend, while we're on the subject? Yeah, yeah, front wheel drive and weak Honda head gaskets, but maybe the Legend will turn out to be the best Lemons car in history!

MurileeMartin wrote:

Yes, I won't be satisfied until we've seen one example of each 1990s Japanese luxury car.

Is it too soon to have a believeable Millenia?

Nelson Ledges 10/09, Gingerman 4/10, Gingerman 10/10 (4th place!)

Diamante!

Hanging out at the bar. The head says he found a $400 diamanté with lighted cupholders. Pm him for the craigslist link.

"I'm from Shanty Town"

If you really want respect (and near-certain acceptance), get yourself a Sterling 827. Honda head gaskets, Rover chassis, and Lucas electrics!

Wow. triple fail. Forgot that even existed. Enough forum posting for me, the bartenders are starting to get concerned, must have some cocktails.

"I'm from Shanty Town"

MurileeMartin wrote:

Diamante!

Has anyone ever been a contender with a Cressida?

Nelson Ledges 10/09, Gingerman 4/10, Gingerman 10/10 (4th place!)

Legends are easy pickins and head gaskets are usually the problem mentioned in the craigslist ad.  However that old 2.7 V6 (or maybe a basketcase 3.2L) would be a fun motor to thrash for a while.  the nice thing is 5 spd legends are not that uncommon!

That Q sounded pretty bad (as in dying) later on in the race.  what cause it to finish 111th?

914 would be a hoot but 2 for 4 hundo sounds like bigtime rustbucketry.  Watch out for those rear frame rails.  When they rust through, the car starts to bend in 1/2

Kevin

MurileeMartin wrote:

If you really want respect (and near-certain acceptance), get yourself a Sterling 827. Honda head gaskets, Rover chassis, and Lucas electrics!

Justin (BABE organizer) keeps trying to talk someone into running one of these on the rally.   I think Id sooner have naughty time with a belt sander and rubbing alcohol.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Shoelundo wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Diamante!

Has anyone ever been a contender with a Cressida?

No Cressida has ever raced Lemons. Since the Cressida is pretty similar to the Supra under the skin, it should hold together pretty well on the track.

They are definiate contenders just a matter of if you can keep a HG on one, plus a lot of the Mad Tyte Driftahs are buying them right now.  Prices are seeming to go up on them lately

25 (edited by Evil Genius 2009-10-23 05:30 PM)

MurileeMartin wrote:

And why hasn't anyone run an Acura Legend, while we're on the subject? Yeah, yeah, front wheel drive and weak Honda head gaskets, but maybe the Legend will turn out to be the best Lemons car in history!

Better yet, a Sterling, basically a Legend with dodgy British wiring and better suspension....

Damn, should read all the posts before replying, shouda know the Judge would have be me to it.....

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'