Topic: Physical demands of Lemons racing

Heart rate analysis and synced videos from the August race in Buttonwillow.

http://www.rahulnair.net/blog/2009/10/1 … ns-racing/

Team Formula BMW
Finishing order: 44th, 44th, 19th, 10th, 5th, 10th, 5th
We will win some day smile

Re: Physical demands of Lemons racing

That was pretty informative, thanks man.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

Really good stuff; nice analysis!

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

That was extremely cool.  I love graphs, exercise, and racing, and it your post had all of those things!

120bpm isn't that high at all either, I would have expected something a bit higher.  It'd be really cool to do this for a newb to compare to a relative veteran like you.  I'll bet our 3 first-time-on-track guys this year would have had heart rates well above 120bpm.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

bongle wrote:

120bpm isn't that high at all either, I would have expected something a bit higher.  It'd be really cool to do this for a newb to compare to a relative veteran like you.  I'll bet our 3 first-time-on-track guys this year would have had heart rates well above 120bpm.

I expected it to be higher as well but like I said in the post I was not really pushing very hard and spent the race at 8/10th especially since it was an unfamiliar track. I'm looking forward to retrying the same experiment at Thunderhill where I expect to push harder.

Team Formula BMW

thank you for posting all that. More importantly, thanks for enduring the monitoring and doing the work to correlate all that information.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Rahul wins the Biggest Geek In Lemons History Award for writing his own software application for this. Sorry, Sharks, he out-geeks you.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Rahul wins the Biggest Geek In Lemons History Award for writing his own software application for this. Sorry, Sharks, he out-geeks you.

Seeing that the next race is in geek central (aka Thundehill) might that be worth a "get out of jail free" card or two?  wink

Team Formula BMW

rnr wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Seeing that the next race is in geek central (aka Thundehill) might that be worth a "get out of jail free" card or two?  wink

Only if you can rig up a Sinclair ZX81 to function as an E30 ECM.