Topic: Did the Canadian Team ever find their welder?

We were in the hot pits at the end of the race next to the Canadian team with the hot Canadian girls with them... I seem to remember that part...
They mentioned that they loaned their welder to some team and never got it back. Any updates?

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

Re: Did the Canadian Team ever find their welder?

Wait, there were hot Canadian girls?
Fuck me running, I really need to make sure I get out from under the hood of the fucking Cadillac. mad

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Ya, they looked a bit out of place at a Lemons race, with all their chic Montreal styles...

They were nice people too. We loaned them our fuel funnel as they were having major issues with the gas can nipples.

Bill Strong

Bill Strong wrote:

Ya, they looked a bit out of place at a Lemons race, with all their chic Montreal styles...

They were nice people too. We loaned them our fuel funnel as they were having major issues with the gas can nipples.

Heh heh...you said 'nipples'.

Mod Squad Racing
http://twosrus.com

back on topic. we were among the last to pack up as they were leaving, they asked us, SO, I'm assuming that they never got it back yet. That's more rotten than the People's curse if they don't get it back. Not saying anyone stole it but maybe it accidentally got packed back in someone's trailer because the noob crew member who didn't know better stuffed it in there. Just that most Decent units (not the menards special Clarke deals) cost more than a Lemons car purchase.

ya, supposedly it is a Miller. I own a couple of those and know they are not cheap.

Bill Strong

That is not cool.  What team were they?

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Bill Strong wrote:

ya, supposedly it is a Miller. I own a couple of those and know they are not cheap.

Did you used to own only one? wink

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

Stealing tools is worse than messing with someone's car, in my book.  I hope they find their welder.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Bounty?

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

We lost a couple of pair of Knipex angle cutters. Whoever was trolling our end of the paddock knew the good stuff when they saw it. Fortunately, our cutter were nowhere near the cost of a new Miller unit!

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

EvergreenDan wrote:
Bill Strong wrote:

Did you used to own only one? wink

lol.

"so you're taking something that's not yours."

"well, it becomes ours."

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

13 (edited by unixgeek 2009-10-14 01:26 PM)

I'm pretty sure they said it was a lincoln SP170.  We were paddocked next to them.  I really hope they got it back.

Riktor wrote:

Bounty?

I would contribute to that cause.

Bloomington, IN
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

I hate to think what I would do to someone for trying to take my miller welder!  OMG.  I did get worried when our team would leave our pits with all my tools and stuff layed out (our car required a lot of TLC and still would not run), I did not want to tempt anyone - but everyone was cool and we had no issues, in fact people were very nice and lent us stuff we did not have, and I lent my welder too but it was the pit next door  and the other guys brought their car over to my pit to weld.  Letting it get out of sight is not recommended!

Darn, I feel bad for them though.

----------
Scott
Speed Racer Mach5 Mustang
Houston TX

16 (edited by danio3834 2009-10-15 06:51 AM)

Wow.  In all the years I've been at the race track, I've never had this happen to me.  I feel I'm pretty loose with my stuff too.  I really hope it was an honest mistake and they get their welder back.

If not, that kinda ruins the pit/paddock atmosphere for me.

WE ARE IMPORTANT MEN!  WE DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!

Does anyone know who the team is, or have a contact with them?  I'd like to find out if they got it back or not.  Thanks.

Bloomington, IN

It was the team with the 77 VW golf that lost the welder.  I'm not sure what the team name was.  They were 2 down from us in the padock.  At the end of the row across from the kink in the infield.  Thursday night they asked if they could use our 220 generator for their 220 welder if needed.  Of course I said yes.  I remember a team asking us if we had a welder that could handle welding heavy gauge.  Since we only had a a small 110 with us I told them about the Canadian's equipment and even walked down there with him.  I also said they could use our generator if needed.  Now this is where I shouldn't speculate, but I thought it was a guy from the #55 car beside us.  I repeat, I'm not accusing them, but I thought he was from that team.  I believe they had to weld a bar in behind the seat to secure the back.  After I told him about our generator that was the last I saw of him and no one ever borrowed our 220 generator so I'm not sure what happened.  Maybe they found someone else to do the welding.  I have no idea if they ever borrowed it, but that may help...  Once again, I'm not accusing anyone here, but if someone grabbed it by accident it may help track it down.  The #55 team were great to chat with all weekend and I just can't see them walking away with a welder.  They seemed like a class act all the way...

Kris Lemmon
#93 Lucky Monkey Racing

$10 says it was unknowingly stuffed into a trailer that has not been unpacked since Lamest Day.

I'll walk through our trailer the next time I'm at my friend's place.  I suggest you all do the same.  We promise we will not show up with torches and pitchforks if you find the welder in your possession.

http://www.ducttapemotorsports.com/
http://www.teamdfl.com
"I can see it now, a pile of nickels and all the glory of being a real race car driver."
Prepping the Red wReck for the 24 Hours of Lemons

TeamDFL wrote:

$10 says it was unknowingly stuffed into a trailer that has not been unpacked since Lamest Day.

I'll walk through our trailer the next time I'm at my friend's place.  I suggest you all do the same.  We promise we will not show up with torches and pitchforks if you find the welder in your possession.

I'm sure of that.  Out of all the people I met at Lamest Day, NO ONE struck me as someone who would do that.  I have never met a better group of guys and gals at any motorsports event ever.  I just want to see if there is anyway we can help them get it back.  So, check your trailers boys and girls, and let's get it back to them.

Bloomington, IN

We left Nelson Ledges Sunday afternoon. Our trailer was partially unloaded Monday afternoon, and completely by the end of the week. Why? Our welder was all the way up at the front and a giant, pink Cadillac in the way makes removing it kinda tough...

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

If anyone needs contact info for certain teams, you can email me off-forum at npon@driversdoor.com--I'd like to think it was an honest mistake as well, but either way it should get sorted out.

We were unloaded by Monday night, and only recovered our three welders (packing error). We were next to the Canadian guys, couldn't have asked for a better bunch of paddock mates!

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

I unloaded ours but only found my welder.
The guys were from the Montreal area as they knew one of our drivers business as he owns a local pub there.
I think it was a golf, the fuel fill was on the drivers side as I remember.

Bill Strong