1 (edited by Judge Jonny 2009-10-16 01:03 PM)

Topic: Lemons Chili Cook Off!

If there's one thing we Judges like more than hammering on Cheaters, it's eating!

And the saltier, hotter and generally less healthy, the better -- just look how fat we are!

That said, sounds as if the South Carolina boys are going to attempt to -- in addition to the always excellent Moonshine competition -- have something of a Chili cook off. And we'll be the Judges of it.

You Texas gals want to try?

How about you California Nancys?

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Re: Lemons Chili Cook Off!

May I make a suggestion? As all Lemons events are a bit of a "sausage fest", and the city of Chicago has some of the best encased meats this side of Frankfurt, perhaps a competition for the finest brat, polish, italian sausge, or dog might be in order for the Chicago event?

Nelson Ledges 10/09, Gingerman 4/10, Gingerman 10/10 (4th place!)

Shoelundo wrote:

May I make a suggestion? As all Lemons events are a bit of a "sausage fest", and the city of Chicago has some of the best encased meats this side of Frankfurt, perhaps a competition for the finest brat, polish, italian sausge, or dog might be in order for the Chicago event?

Great!

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Sure, sausage contests in the Midwest, jambalaya contests in Louisiana, and chili contests in Texas. I'm definitely looking forward to some serious chili consumption at MSR. With Los Diablos sitting this one out, the rest of you actually have a chance to win!

For Thunderhill, we could have a Best Locally Grown Indica contest, honoring the area's agricultural products. What could possibly go wrong?

You can count me in for the sausage competition at Chicago.  Beer, cheese, brats, and race cars...its why I love Wisconsin.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

We're making pulled pork and ribs...  I could work some chili in by request...

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

Let's put it this way: You want the judges to hang out with your team Friday and/or Saturday nights and thus remember you fondly when you roll into the Penalty Box the following day? Better have good food!

Put that chili on our jambalaya. You might not go back to Cali.

I'm all in for a Clam Chowder cook off for us west coast idiots.. I cook a mean chowder

man, that sounds wrong

MurileeMartin wrote:

Let's put it this way: You want the judges to hang out with your team Friday and/or Saturday nights and thus remember you fondly when you roll into the Penalty Box the following day? Better have good food!

That sounds like a double edged sword to me....

Mod Squad Racing
http://twosrus.com

MurileeMartin wrote:

How about if we just bring a couple of good kegs?

Nelson Ledges 10/09, Gingerman 4/10, Gingerman 10/10 (4th place!)

my bribe for nelson ledges was going to be a big bowl of venison chili and a block of Co-Jack Cheese to go with our lame deer hunter theme...not that we needed any bribes, but woulda been fun and nice considering the temps out there!

Shoelundo wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

How about if we just bring a couple of good kegs?

We'll have enough bribe beer to bring our own to the spot with the best chili. Remember, we're hella fat. We need food to go with our beer!

Will definitely have to start thinking about what kind of sausages to go with, I mean Italian, Polish, Brats.  THis will take lots of research, which I mean eating lots and lots of sausages to find the most worthy for the judges.

As for Beer, one of my team members is into homebrewing, what type of beer would the Judges prefer as a bribe.  We plan on going through many a test brews before we make the batches for the race.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Detroit has a longstanding underground chili tradition, but it's more real mexican than tex-mex. Which means you get real mole (/moh lay/) with ground meat in it instead of that *stuff* that the rest of the world calls chili.

We also have these filled-donut-kind-of-things called panchki or some such Polish nonsense. One of those and you'll be out for the night. We'll bring several dozen to the April GingerMan event.

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

16 (edited by Troy 2009-10-16 06:18 PM)

Shoelundo wrote:

Not to knock Chi-towns sausage but have you seen the stuff they put in a condom in Louisiana.  (Boudan Balls, it just sounds wrong and looks worse.)

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Authentic Louisiana andoullie is amazing stuff.
And I know a guy here in Orlando who makes gator jerky and sausage. I need to bring some of that to CMP....

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Team California Mille already has the emails flying within our group for the menu for our Saturday night pasta feed. Friday night is supose to be home made turkey stew.  Stop on by if you would like to try a little. Of course we will also be bringing the proper supplies to the BS judging.

Wes Conklin
Team California Mille
2007 Eyetalian Class Champions
20+ races and still going strong, Finally won one. Pacific Northworst Winner 2012.

Lemons Alfetta wrote:

Team California Mille already has the emails flying within our group for the menu for our Saturday night pasta feed. Friday night is supose to be home made turkey stew.  Stop on by if you would like to try a little. Of course we will also be bringing the proper supplies to the BS judging.

In case any of you extreme Dorritos types are wondering what "proper supplies" might entail

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0d/Judges_LeMons.jpg/800px-Judges_LeMons.jpg

The judges are already very well boozed up by the teams, now they want to be fed too?  What does nightly accomodations do for your team?  Hookers?  Where does it end?  Are we really that desperate?  Wait a minute...don't answer that last one...

----------
Scott
Speed Racer Mach5 Mustang
Houston TX

If I'm not mistaking I think this is how the France family started amassing thier fortune.

Today crapcans.

Tommorow the world!!!

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

Ok... I gotta see where the funds are.. WE NEED to make it to MSR this weekend...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Judge Jonny wrote:
Lemons Alfetta wrote:

In case any of you extreme Dorritos types are wondering what "proper supplies" might entail

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e … LeMons.jpg

there's gotta be a Motivational poster somewhere in this pic. For now I can only imagine what a desktop wallpaper-sized image could do for my personal convictions about briber* i mean motivation!

I hate those stupid "motivational posters."
Talk about overfuckingdone... http://crownvic.us/forum/images/smilies/new/disgust.gif

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

We're in for the chili cookoff. Should make the poker game more interesting...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.