Re: Riddle me dry sump!

On the note of tanks., they have internal baffles, they're actually pretty complex.  If you don't want to do that, you can get pretty decent oil/air seperation with a tall thin tank, with the oil hitting the walls to create a vortex, as mentioned.  S/F.....Ken M

If you do decide to cobble something together be careful what hoses you actually do use.  Hot pressurized oil through heater hoses is a really bad idea.  Just make sure they are heat, pressure, and oil rated.  Most FUAP (f'n useless auto parts) stores carry oil cooler hose but in small diameters. 

Why not make trap doors/baffles in your oil pan?  Metal doors flapping around in the engine could work or could end up mangling things. You could also make sure the oil pickup is really close to the bottom of the pan.  Usually you can bend/pull stuff down some to help.  A crank scraper could help keep oil off the crank and down in the pan too.

-Killer B's (as in rally) '84 4000Q 4.2V8. Audis never win?

mackwagon wrote:

we ended up going with an Accusump and a trap door baffled pan that seemed to solve the moving oil or foaming oil problems.

This did the trick for us too:

http://pettycashracing.wordpress.com/20 … ad-racing/

-Matt

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

Good read, I will be adding ZDDP to my oil now after our Buttonwillow rod knock

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura