Re: LeMoneers Beer of Choice?

Yeungling has a regional brewery in Tampa, so we get it all over Florida.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

ronman wrote:

Yeungling has a regional brewery in Tampa, so we get it all over Florida.

Share the wealth brother...

By the way i can't explain it... I dislike Bud and especially budlight but for some reason I like the lime. Granted Tecate and Dos Equis are better but the Miller Chill and BudLight Lime are excellent for MASS consumption... beer bongs, keg stands, ASSHOLE, Ring of Fire and all other drinking games. Otherwise I don't touch it.

Still better than Lone Star...

MMMM... Guiness... mmmmmmm...

A good beer is a beer you CANT see through.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Riktor wrote:

MMMM... Guiness... mmmmmmm...

A good beer is a beer you CANT see through.

+1

Enjoy every sandwich.

Riktor wrote:

Miller Chill

that is the only beer that i have tried and i could not down more than a few sips

Riktor, if I was coming to MSR I'd totally bring a couple suitcases for mass consumption.

ronman wrote:

Riktor, if I was coming to MSR I'd totally bring a couple suitcases for mass consumption.

What about LA next season?

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

We'll be at CMP in Feb...

smackela wrote:

The first time I saw the Bud Chelada was when I was out visiting friends in L.A. a few years back.  I have to admit I was confused why anyone would try marketing a mixture of Clamato and beer, but for entertainment we each tried to down one of the 24 oz cans.  I think I might have succeeded in putting down about 4 or 5 ounces.

My ex mother-in-law made her own Cheladas long before Bud ever sold it, so apparently there's a market.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

We tried some "Southern Tier" beers at Nelson Ledges that I rather liked. I love to sample the local brews when away from home.

More common beers that I always like: Bass, Guinness, Negra Modelo, Anchor Steam. Locally, Red Hook ESB is tasty. I like to put a little variety into the cooler so everyone can find something to their taste.

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

Riktor wrote:

I'm fine with Lone Star while it's in my hand, but Lone Star has horrible magical powers to turn anything, and I mean ANYTHING, in one's gut into a miasma of stench and discomfort the next day.

In other words, fear the port-a-can in TX summers if Lone Star was around the night before.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

cpchampion wrote:
Riktor wrote:

I'm fine with Lone Star while it's in my hand, but Lone Star has horrible magical powers to turn anything, and I mean ANYTHING, in one's gut into a miasma of stench and discomfort the next day.

In other words, fear the port-a-can in TX summers if Lone Star was around the night before.

Dude, he's SO not kidding.

And I like Shiner 100.  Please please please let them make Shiner 100  a permanent beer!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

ninetyfourintegra wrote:

Yuengling for sure.

Ditto. Living in Ohio where they don't sell it (in this area at least) sucks.

Always a Must Order when in PA!

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee269/breckenridge451/Yuengling.jpg

ronman; Try Orlando Brewing Co. stuff at all? My uncle works with them and tells me it's non-pastuerized. I'd be very interested to know an outsider's take.

Overall, I'm not a big beer person. However, I generally enjoy Irish brews (Gunniess, Killians) I do like an Ice cold Miller Highlife on a hot day. Then again, I used to love Rolling rock. Guess it's just not the same since it's no longer made @ Latrobe. I'm addicted to non-imported (read, smuggled across) Canadian brew, Molson XXX (thanks MagnumPI!!) and I do like Blue Moon or Hacker Pschorr when I'm in the right mood.

Everyday consumption... ehhh, Labatt does it for me.

Smackela: Thumbs up on the Oberon and Bells!

39 (edited by Bonedriver 2009-10-20 01:57 AM)

Lets see...

My favorite right now is Fat Tire, since they just started sending east of the Mississippi river... in Pint bottles too!

Not a Guiness fan... but rather a Murphy's dude... less bitter I think...

I love Hoegarrten - when I can get it.
Newcastle is a'right...

when wrenching on a car... nothing beats a cold Corona and lime...

Some local stuff I have found palatable are the Palmetto brands...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_E7QwOn_G3ZI/SnIh8IsNADI/AAAAAAAACgs/fYOKnxXG7gQ/s400/Palmetto+Beer.jpg

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

This is in our Lemons shop

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3249/2804017919_48c672837b_m.jpg

Currently sporting Pyramid Hammerhead IPA ($42 because it was a week past it's "prime").  Good thing were about 10 minutes from the brewery smile

Wow, I guess the lack of rednecks on this forum is overwhelming.  I drink Bud Light almost every day regardless if I am working on a car or not.  Keepin' it real is all.  I can't drink all of those frilly beers like some of you.  I have found something I like and I will probably drink that stuff until I die, InBev supporter I am.

"Sharp as Bear Claws and Slicker Than Goose Shit"
Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC

The microbrews seem a little tweed jacket for Lemons....I once tried a Pabst Blue Ribbon.....this is much more LeMony...up here probably a Lakeport (lunchpail steeltown cheap lager)

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

I like the lime beers... not sure why my woman drinks them but they are great for hard core beer drinking...

Filled with Blue Moon right now...
http://mountainhomebrew.com/ProductImages/homebrewingequipment/draftequipment/998.jpg

I was planning on dragging down a keg of some Rahr brew to the FEB event at MSR.

Sons of STIG

Current favorites: St Arnold Oktoberfest and St Arnold Fancy Lawnmower.  Check out our blog for why.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Any time work is being done on Huey Newis, the Champagne is usually being consumed in inordinate quantities.

The new camo can is a big hit around here.

http://popsop.ru/wp-content/uploads/miller_coors_camo_can.jpg

Huey Newis and the Lose
Don't Start Believin'

I'm a big fan of the champagne, too. And BLL is decent, too. I can drink a shitload of it while, say, cussing GM's asinine packaging decisions under the hood of my friend's C5...

I have to laugh. I'm one of the last people who'd I think anyone would call a beer drinker, now I find the brew that the more of us would happily take than any expensive stuff.

...time for a party

ronman wrote:

I'm a big fan of the champagne, too. And BLL is decent, too. I can drink a shitload of it while, say, cussing GM's asinine packaging decisions under the hood of my friend's C5...

Don't get me started on working on Corvettes... still not as bad as the new Minis or those DAMNED BEETLES!!!

Anyways... back to beer.

Well's Banana Bread Beer... pretty good i might say. My wife loved it.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3106/2726234674_eda227a9ee.jpg

Sons of STIG

What's BLL?

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Bud Light Lime, which I've tried once before a flight and thought was pretty good.  As for my favorite, I don't really care too much for beer but probably Dos Equis Special Lager, Boulevard, or Tsingtao.

When this threat was first posted I had just came from a local beerfest(I was DD, so I couldn't sample anything), and I did see something that might be a good bribe beer for Jonny:

http://coffeewithadam.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/hebrew.jpg

Now if there was a Catholic beer for Judge Martin, I'd be all set!

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching