Topic: To CB or not CB

I apologize in advance, but I have read all the posts I can find on communication and am not sure of the answer.

Can we use a CB for communication?  On one hand, it would appear that it would be prohibited by the "hands free" requirement of Rule 5.3 ("No loose or hand-held receivers are allowed in the car.").  However, I have seen several comments, including at least one from from one of the Judges, talking about using them.

Okay or not?

Paul, aka BuFord Hogswaller:  Team Captain, Team Bavarian Ranchero and Team Pink Lloyd

Re: To CB or not CB

I don't think you can use them for IN-CAR comms... but they use them to talk to each other AROUND the track,

Unless you have a way of queuing the mic while keeping both hands in control of the vehicle... CB is a no go.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

You can use a CB in the car. Plenty of teams use CBs. What we don't want is walkie-talkies rattling around loose.

You'll never in a million years hear anyone on the stock CB speaker while you're wearing a helmet in a windowless car, so you'll need to rig up an external loudspeaker somewhere where the driver can hear it (or rig adapters to get the CB speaker/mic to feed into a helmet headset).

10-4!  Thanks.

Paul, aka BuFord Hogswaller:  Team Captain, Team Bavarian Ranchero and Team Pink Lloyd

I don't care what anyone else said- just based on the title I have something to say!

CB CB CB!!!!!!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

I recommend using 70s-vintage CB colloquialisms for all your communications.
Stuff like "I gotta stop off at the choke-n-puke and stuff some groceries down my throat" lol

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

I can see it now:

"What's yer 20?"

"I just past the taint and I'm heading for the balls, gotta whacker on the inside thinks he's a smokey with that damn horn blarin' "

Can you imagine the insanity if every car on the track had a CB?

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

The real problem with CB radios at Lemons races is that they get stepped on by truckers with 1,000-watt amps in their rigs.

10-9? 10-11.

10-17, 10-34, 10-37.

10-9?

10-26, Id10t.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

11 (edited by ninetyfourintegra 2009-10-20 10:07 AM)

Serj wrote:

"I just past the taint and I'm heading for the balls, gotta whacker on the inside thinks he's a smokey with that damn horn blarin' "

LOVE IT!

http://wpcontent.answers.com/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/da/Seabees.png/220px-Seabees.png

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

13 (edited by Mulry 2009-10-21 09:42 AM)

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin',
we're gonna do what they say can't be done.
We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.
I'm east bound, just watch ol' "Bandit" run.

Keep your foot hard on the pedal. Son, never mind them brakes.
Let it all hang out 'cause we got a run to make.
The boys are thirsty in Atlanta and there's beer in Texarkana.
And we'll bring it back no matter what it takes....

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.