Topic: Test day @ thunderhill only weeks before the Arse-freeze!!

My buddies at the Golden Gate Volvo Club are having a track day on Thursday the 5th of November.    Lots of track time and a great price... they are having a tough time filling it up and are in danger of canceling ...  So you Lemons guys who need to learn the track or need to test your shitcan should check it out.     

Standard Disclaimer-   I'm not running the thing, nor will I profit from it, Indeed, we'll be there, spending money testing......   

Ya'll should go.... testing is important..  That 6-71 blower on your  Festiva may or may not be too much, how are you going to know?   

These guys put on a great track day with lots of track time and have no problem with us and our piles of crap, no pretense, they are not marque snobs.  You don't have to have a Volvo....

-John

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Re: Test day @ thunderhill only weeks before the Arse-freeze!!

I will reiterate:  They accept any type of car, you don't have to have a Volvo!

Hot damn, road trip! Anyone else going? My neighbors are getting tired of me testing around town. I've resorted to zipping up and down 280 in rush hour traffic for realism, and so people stop making their dogs pee on my lawn.

I think we'll drive the B up there and work on our passing game. (And of course by passing game I mean point-bys)

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

You don't even need a Volvolet, huh?

1985 528e Near Orbital Space Monkeys-GONE to orbit
1989 Rustang- "It's not like it's totally undriveable..."
"We came in pieces. We left in more..."

"Sparky" Pete wrote:

I think we'll drive the B up there and work on our passing game. (And of course by passing game I mean point-bys)

Be careful or we'll put your name up in the "Dive Bombing" thread of death!

1985 528e Near Orbital Space Monkeys-GONE to orbit
1989 Rustang- "It's not like it's totally undriveable..."
"We came in pieces. We left in more..."

A test day with a Vulva club??  What's not to love?!?

Raydoc wrote:

You don't even need a Volvolet, huh?

Ours is a pure Volvo/Ford product with a 302...   No Volvolets here......

Hey John - I see it's $235 for non-members.  Is that the price for the team, or would each of my guys have to pony up?  We'd be bringing just the crapcan.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

Guys don't let the price fool you....I ran with them last January and got PLENTY of track time....there was a grand total of 25 cars there in 3 classes with 12 in the advanced group....at the end of the day they run a TWO HOUR open session....where you could in theory stay out for the entire two hours...in my two hour session there was a grand total of 4 cars that stayed out.....myself, a Porsche 914 and two Honda's....

I'll be there again......but which car I will be driving is still in the air?

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2