1 (edited by Stovebolt 2009-10-22 06:29 PM)

Topic: Why are spectator tickets to watch a bunch or crap cans so expensive?

My friends are cheap, and while $20 may not be a lot in califreakinfornai here in Houston that's a dinner and three drinks and tip!  other races are nearly free for similar talented driver events and crappy cars.  You'd make up in volume what you lose in per ticket $ if it was $10 each.   $40 for a neighbor and her boyfriend to come see my pile of crap run around the track seems exorbitant really, when you think about it.  This aint the NHRA ...   Local Alvin track was like $7 for entry with a cooler of beer to watch dirt races - FYI.

Just my 2cents...

Heading to the track!

----------
Scott
Speed Racer Mach5 Mustang
Houston TX

Re: Why are spectator tickets to watch a bunch or crap cans so expensive?

maybe you should tell her to leave the boyfriend at home, ehh?

still cheaper than NASCRAP.  smile

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Last two NASCAR races I've been to were free. wink

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

ronman wrote:

Last two NASCAR races I've been to were free. wink

how'd you finish?

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Drunk. lol

don't get me wrong Chester.  i claimed Volusia County as my home for most of the 1980's and early 90's.  but NASCAR ain't what it used to be and certainly is not even close to what it could or should be these days.  the almighty dollar has forever ruined this series.

Kansas City?  Chicago?  Jimmie Johnson? 

MetroSexual Racing at its finest..............

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Couldn't agree more.
But if someone offers me a free ticket to a race you can bet your black ass I'm gonna go. big_smile

yeah, i used to get Pepsi tickets fo' free.  still, i haven't been to a Nascrap race since 1993 and i am in NC.  i have however driven on Rockingham.  105 thru turn one / two ain't shiest when you consider what the good ole' boys used to run there.  that wall comes up awful fast.  smile

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

our crappy races are sold as essentially all-access passes. this would be like if you went to your local sprint track and ponied up the extra to rome the pits. that, and, we get 2 days of racing where those saturday nite specials run for 2-3hours tops.

$9 for a typical movie ticket that will entertain for 90 minutes at best... or $20 for all-day live entertainment.  The spectacle that is Lemons is WORTH more than a night at the circle track.  If your guests don't "get" that, you need to explain it better.  If they still don't get it... maybe they're not Lemons material?

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

Loren wrote:

If they still don't get it... maybe they're not Lemons material?

BAM!!! He got it... and if they can't get it an complain... PUNCH EM IN DA FACE!!!

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Nah, just bolt the cone of shame to their roof and call it a day.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

I'm with Loren and Riktor $20 isnt a lot to lay down for 12 or 24 hours of racing.  Beyond that yes its crapcan racers...but I have had more fun watching Lemons racers then some of the more civilized races out there.  GT1 is fun to watch and so is Lemons, but for different reasons.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

my dad came to my first event in 07, paid for the passes with my brother. and he's usually an indycar guy with nascrap on the side. He was like "wow, this is more racing in one place at one time than I've ever seen. period" and since then he's been a driver/teammate.

Tiptoe the rat wrote:

I'm with Loren and Riktor $20 isnt a lot to lay down for 12 or 24 hours of racing.

True, but many visitors only wish to come and show some support, spending maybe a couple hours to get a taste for what a heated battle for racing glory and world-wide(web) fame is all about.  I'd like to see prices come down, as well.  I've heard complaints from several others and had at least a couple not come because of it, unfortunately.

- Anthony Magagnoli
2012 NASA SpecE30 National Champion

DriveFasterNow.com

Keep in mind that I'm not sure Lemons gets to see much, if any, of the cost of spectator tickets.  I think the venue gets most, if not all, of that money.  They have to insure your sorry asses and pay for their very expensive and very limited use facility.

Whether the spectator stays for 5 minutes or 24 hours is up to them but the fact is it's a 24 hour event.  If you only stay for part of it, that's no reason for the venue to charge you less.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Riktor, did you make it to MSR?

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

I dunno. The spectator price isn't bad. But I think $75 for the crew passes is waaaay extreme. That was most of our budget blown at Toledo.

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

I too wish the cost were a little lower. Three friends who originally said they would attend opted out once they heard the cost. Two others made the effort and drove to the track, but then turned around and went home after some underinformed person at the gate wanted the full-weekend price of $30 each even though they were asking for one-day passes. I'd already told them it would be $20 each for the day so they left.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

man, people have some cheap 'friends'.  at least the people i know make up lame excuses like 'something came up' or just admit they are lame

cpchampion wrote:

I too wish the cost were a little lower. Three friends who originally said they would attend opted out once they heard the cost. Two others made the effort and drove to the track, but then turned around and went home after some underinformed person at the gate wanted the full-weekend price of $30 each even though they were asking for one-day passes. I'd already told them it would be $20 each for the day so they left.

Don't worry -- once Comrade Obama takes over all the private race tracks in the country and hands them over to the people, spectating will not only be free, but mandatory.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:
cpchampion wrote:

Don't worry -- once Comrade Obama takes over all the private race tracks in the country and hands them over to the people, spectating will not only be free, but mandatory.

and the Lada team will ALWAYS win............................

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

prime suspect wrote:

and the Lada team will ALWAYS win............................

We'd be fine with that

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Well, the parking was absolutely non existant so I'd say the people spoke with their wallets. Cars were parked all the way out the gate and to the street. And since all these spectators rome all over places where the cars shuttle in an out (especially out of the penalty box) I'd rather that not be a super big crowd.

Team Apex Vinyl, driving then drinking
#163 Isuzu impulse
We save money by only using 3 tires in the corners

Judge Jonny wrote:

Free to get in the gate, $200 in taxes from your neighbor's pocket to get out.

Team Apex Vinyl, driving then drinking
#163 Isuzu impulse
We save money by only using 3 tires in the corners