Re: Why are spectator tickets to watch a bunch or crap cans so expensive?

MikeLSU wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

Don't worry -- once Comrade Obama takes over all the private race tracks in the country and hands them over to the people, spectating will not only be free, but mandatory.

Free to get in the gate, $200 in taxes from your neighbor's pocket to get out.

If we have our way, per hour

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:
MikeLSU wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

Don't worry -- once Comrade Obama takes over all the private race tracks in the country and hands them over to the people, spectating will not only be free, but mandatory.

Free to get in the gate, $200 in taxes from your neighbor's pocket to get out.

If we have our way, per hour

Will you take nickels? In burlap bags? No cardboard boxes #$%^it!!

Team Apex Vinyl, driving then drinking
#163 Isuzu impulse
We save money by only using 3 tires in the corners

I could be wrong here, but these types of arrangements are usually straight track rentals (though any sort of agreement could be put in place).  Mega kudos to the track staff who made the race very enjoyable.  They could have an agreement that enables them to provide such support through the take at the gate.

If it does go to the track, then it's on them to set a realistic price.  Now if that money goes to the series management,.... that is a whole different story..... that is just bad form.

camping fees, crew fees, etc.,..... it's all gravy

Yea, for what its worth, what is a crew pass anyway?  Why not just have your crew pay for two days of guest admission and save money?  I never understood that angle of it. 

Aside from that, the couple from down the street who did come, they had a good time and got to see me spinout in the grass - LOL

Scott

----------
Scott
Speed Racer Mach5 Mustang
Houston TX

Stovebolt wrote:

Yea, for what its worth, what is a crew pass anyway?  Why not just have your crew pay for two days of guest admission and save money?  I never understood that angle of it. 
Scott

Spectators are not allowed to touch or help work on the race cars.  I assume it all has to do with the insurance.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Yeah, i always baseline my entertainment costs to movie tickets, and by that measure it's a cheap weekend. It's the grand++ to get a car on the field that brings a tear to my eye.

unknownroad wrote:

It's the grand++ to get a car on the field that brings a tear to my eye.

Instead of grand++ should be grand(x4+)

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Helps keep the riffraff out...

Swine Flew Raycing
1995 Infiniti J30

My parents, who have very little understanding of why I enjoy motorsports or occasional Lemons event came down fairly late Saturday to show support.  Upon getting to the gate and learning of the 40$ it was going to cost them to park at the street and walk in for the last two hours of racing saturday, they politely declinded.  The distance and amount of walking around would have been alot for people in their 60-70's.  $40 is alot for someone who's just currious,  I don't blame them for turning around and driving back home.

-Martin
Team SHOtime
1986 Formula 1 Benetton racing livery
Old themes - M*A*S*H - Red Rocket Rat car

Suply and demand factor into things I'm sure. I mean there is only so much "supply" of spectator space before they're overrunning the pits, blocking the track entrance, etc.

$20 is low enough that interested friends/relatives who want to spend the day would go for it, but high enough to keep every local in town from wanting to come clog up the facility.

xtn

xtn wrote:

Suply and demand factor into things I'm sure. I mean there is only so much "supply" of spectator space before they're overrunning the pits, blocking the track entrance, etc.

$20 is low enough that interested friends/relatives who want to spend the day would go for it, but high enough to keep every local in town from wanting to come clog up the facility.

xtn

good point dude.  because the LAST THING any track wants is local support.  much better the Church Ladies are muttering about them damn godless heathens out there on Sunday a racin'.  seriously?

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36