Topic: TX People's Curse?

A decided like of chatter on this board about the ongoing race in TX...

Any insider news?

--Spank

Re: TX People's Curse?

There was no car awarded the Peoples Curse at the Houston race. Actually it was a great group of racers who ran with spirit. Truly a great race!

1980 Chevy Malibu Classic

+1

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Wow...is this our first 'no curse' winner?

Mod Squad Racing
http://twosrus.com

This was my team's first race ( #96 black lincoln ) and we all had a great time.  Blew a head gasket and probably cracked something but we had a great first day.

As for the curse it is true, there was none.

I was completely unable to single anyone out for crushing.   A great bunch of racers and nobody was driving like a jerk.

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

6 (edited by Bonedriver 2009-10-25 09:08 PM)

WOW!!!!

Is this a hint of things to come???

Oh no... I see it now... there will be TWO crushed at a race in the future to make up for it!!!!

edit: OH MY GOD!!!! There are two MkVIII in Lemons now???? Move Over E30's... the Lincoln's are taking over!!!

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

David Hawkins wrote:

Reno had no curse but they did crush Jays crappy VW bus.  It worked out well, they didn't have to tow it back to CA and didn't need to find a place to store it since altamont closed.

This has to be our best race yet even though my car is wounded now.

The weather was about a good as you could ever want, the full unobstructed course was muy fabuloso, everyone played really nice and no one got cursed.

Did we mention we ran the largest field ever on a full unobstructed course and it worked out great!

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

We didn't want to crush anyone, but we would not have minded some punishment for the #6 RX 7 with the mad scientist contraptions and air horns, air brake.  Not only did they use the locomotive loud horn early Sat AM after we had been up past 2 AM partying, but their RX engine was very loud as well, and they hit one of my favorite cars the VW 'Dillo and took them out with engine damage.  But nothing really big time curse worthy - so we didn't turn in ballot.

----------
Scott
Speed Racer Mach5 Mustang
Houston TX

I suppose Lemon Demolition driver/Excavator  operator Ryan will be crushing 2 cars or will   need counseling @ Thill

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Stovebolt wrote:

We didn't want to crush anyone, but we would not have minded some punishment for the #6 RX 7 with the mad scientist contraptions and air horns, air brake.  Not only did they use the locomotive loud horn early Sat AM after we had been up past 2 AM partying, but their RX engine was very loud as well, and they hit one of my favorite cars the VW 'Dillo and took them out with engine damage.  But nothing really big time curse worthy - so we didn't turn in ballot.

Not to mention they coated the entire front end/windsheild of our car with oil both the first day and second day, made visibilty rather poor.  Luckily we didn't have to stay behind them long.

-Martin
Team SHOtime
1986 Formula 1 Benetton racing livery
Old themes - M*A*S*H - Red Rocket Rat car

Stovebolt wrote:

The RX7 guys are very interesting.  I just wish their idea of fun was a little quieter.

I gave them some oil Saturday under 1 condition:  No Loud Air Horn before 9:00 or 10:00.

I suggested to Jay an extension to the Noise Limit to include everything on the car: sirens, horns, exhaust whatever.

Additionally on a Safety note, I think sirens should just flat out be banned. 

A car had a siren that sounded just like the MSR trucks.  Those need to be associated with emergency vehicles only.  I mentioned it to Jay and he said those guys aren't supposed to be using that.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

We were convinced our mini was going to greet the crusher. We were 1st timers and we are going to try to find a older piece of crap for next years race. We are going to solder the kill switch wiring next time!. Wire came loose and she died on the final lap

best regards to all racers.
Paul Haggar
2005 mini cooper

Union Jack,

While your car was a bit less LeMony than others, you guys seem to have the right spirit.

I can't imagine why your wires for your zip tied in place kill switch could have possible come lose.

I enjoyed meeting you guys and your BS inspection.  I think you guys had a great attitude and took everything in stride.  I look forward to seeing you again, even if it is in the Mini.

After seeing you guys out there, it makes me rethink the whole "go kart" handling claims.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

I was leaning towards the #6 also but the "over the top" effort on the theme outweighed the noise. Plus they had to work on it and work on it and....

I thought the air horn was the coolest thing on the track.

Troy wrote:
Stovebolt wrote:

The RX7 guys are very interesting.  I just wish their idea of fun was a little quieter.

I gave them some oil Saturday under 1 condition:  No Loud Air Horn before 9:00 or 10:00.

I suggested to Jay an extension to the Noise Limit to include everything on the car: sirens, horns, exhaust whatever.

Additionally on a Safety note, I think sirens should just flat out be banned. 

A car had a siren that sounded just like the MSR trucks.  Those need to be associated with emergency vehicles only.  I mentioned it to Jay and he said those guys aren't supposed to be using that.

union jack racing wrote:

We were convinced our mini was going to greet the crusher. We were 1st timers and we are going to try to find a older piece of crap for next years race. We are going to solder the kill switch wiring next time!. Wire came loose and she died on the final lap

best regards to all racers.
Paul Haggar
2005 mini cooper

If I had remembered to put the front bumper back on the car I would have pushed you guys around for the last lap.  I came up behind you and was about to ask if you wanted a push, then remembered the only thing up front to push with was the radiator.

Josh Poage
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2009 Yee-haw It's Texas
Prison Break Racing - 1986 325e #27 - 2010 Gator-o-Rama
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas

Our paddock was next to the RX7 .. the horn got a little old by Friday evening.

I did about 2.5 hours of driving over the weekend, and honestly didn't come across anyone that deserved the curse. The MINI had too many problems, the XR4ti kids were just there for the learning experience, and everyone, for the most part, drove pretty cleanly. (I think using the unobstructed full course helped tremendously ... I couldn't imagine that big of a group running the short course. Although, having some chicanes on the back straight would've helped our slow-ass car! big_smile)

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Stovebolt wrote:

...and they hit one of my favorite cars the VW 'Dillo and took them out with engine damage.

Wanna see? (sort of)

http://vimeo.com/7246308

Jimmy

Team Unintended Acceleration
Gator-O-Rama: 2009
Yee-Haw It's Lemons Texas: 2008, 2009, 2010

I agree there was not a clear winner (loser) to crush, the closest was the noisy RX7 with the diesel stacks and air horns, that thing was way too loud in so many ways.

Overall a great race with civilized (for the most part) drivers.

2008  Yee-Haw It's Lemons Texas - DarthBimmer; 2009 Houston Gator-O-Rama - Beermer; 2009  Yee-Haw It's Lemons Texas - Jewish Defense League BMW; 2010 Houston Gator-O-Rama - SwampJews from Hell; 2010 Houston Yee-Haw Texas - JDL - JEGS....errrr JEWS; 2011 Houston Gator-O-Rama - B Team - IOE Winner!; 2011 Houston Yee-Haw - Los Escorpions de Munich; 2012 TWS Yee-Haw Texas - B-Team - Dr. StrangeBenz

I might have voted for car #555, if I was the kind of guy that held inappropriate grudges. I was behind him for two or three laps, getting coated by his gasoline that was spraying out of the filler neck by the gallon, as he continuously ignored black flags.

But I'm not that kind of guy. Plus it was past the ballot deadline....

I think that the more open track discouraged some of the sort of driving that earns a crushing. I hope we have the open course again next time. I was worried before we ran it, but it was spectacular. Can;t say enough about what a great experience it was, even if we had one of the non-running MR2s. I did get my picture on the lead story in Jalopnik and got a very thoughtful thanks from Pat and that isn't so bad...

Fear the posing monkey!

xtn wrote:

I might have voted for car #555, if I was the kind of guy that held inappropriate grudges. I was behind him for two or three laps, getting coated by his gasoline that was spraying out of the filler neck by the gallon, as he continuously ignored black flags.

Too bad you couldn't have throw sparks on him

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

vwminispeedster wrote:
David Hawkins wrote:

Reno had no curse but they did crush Jays crappy VW bus.  It worked out well, they didn't have to tow it back to CA and didn't need to find a place to store it since altamont closed.

True, but I kinda wished Team Swine Flew might have met that anti-viral D9....besides I kinda like the Soviet national anthem...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

fabtoys wrote:
xtn wrote:

Too bad you couldn't have throw sparks on him

actually may have been better if he didn't.  did you see the f1 race in brazil the other week?

kimi on fire