Topic: Special shout out to Troy Hogan

For being the best sport in the history of motorsports

Thanks man!!

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Re: Special shout out to Troy Hogan

http://www.intarnet.us/graphics/like-where-this-thread-is-going.jpg.jpg

Thanks Jonny.

We had a great race and weekend.

We gotta fix the race car and the potential pace car.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

I'm just waiting for the day I hear this coming out of your mouth, "You know what, a Z will never win Lemons... because it's a Z!"

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

also:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/06/The_Troy_504px.jpg

A Z could win.  So could a Fiat or Renault.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:

A Z could win.  So could a Fiat or Renault.

A Fiat or Renault, sure.

But a Z?

ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Maybe a Z with a volvo engine or even a MB diesel?  They always seem to finish.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

9 (edited by Serj 2009-10-26 12:05 PM)

Jeff G.

Let's get me, you, some other detroit-based guys and run a Z with a 4.9L ford TBI. or a 4.0L Jeep I-6. we could break the curse of the Z with american powaaa!  (bring Troy to keep the judges and tech and trackworkers and Jay busy) big_smile

A Renault will win Lemons long before a Z does. I don't care what kind of engine it has, it's still a Z.

A 4.9 Ford is a pretty hard to kill with a crapload of torque.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

MurileeMartin wrote:

A Renault will win Lemons long before a Z does. I don't care what kind of engine it has, it's still a Z.

Yeeesss!  There is hope!

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Yeah, I believe I told Troy on separate occasions to "shut up" and to "shut the f-- up." Come to think of it that was the same occasion. But, for better or for worse, he takes it as well as he dishes it out. Actually, for the worse. But we do want him to come back. Or do we? Wait, now I've lost my train of thought.

LOL....

It was finally nice to meet Troy (we both live near the same O'Reilly and beg for cheap parts from them).

Well it was nice right until he started talking about why I was bribing the Judges with my 80 Malibu. Little does he Know my Malibu has FEELINGS and thinks its a REAL RACE CAR! It thinks we need to bribe the Judges so I bribe!

1980 Chevy Malibu Classic

Rumrunner wrote:

Well it was nice right until he started talking....

You could have stopped there.  :-)

Team Unintended Acceleration
2008 YeeHaw It's Texas Lemons
2009 Gator-O-Rama Texas Lemons
2009 YeeHaw It's Texas Lemons

phatcashenglish wrote:
Rumrunner wrote:

Well it was nice right until he started talking....

You could have stopped there.  :-)

Zing!

I met Troy!  I just tried not to stand too close to him when I was over near the Penalty Box area.

Also, we will keep running MR2s.  Better or worse chance than a Z?

Stevo wrote:

I met Troy!  I just tried not to stand too close to him when I was over near the Penalty Box area.

Also, we will keep running MR2s.  Better or worse chance than a Z?

Until we wise up and put either a Renault, Fiat, or Trabant motor in them, worse.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Hmmm... Well, MR2s fail one one single reason -- no way to cool them.

Zs fail for a wide variety of reasons.

So... pick your poison.

Troy, JeffG;

http://limaohio.craigslist.org/cto/1399068963.html

nab the drivetrain, scrap the body, should be able to get that down to $200 for a engine/tranny, then all we need is a Z with a dead motor... let's make it happen smile

Serj,

I traded in a 94 F150 with a 4.9 under Cash for Clunckers.

It got traded in on my Mother's new car since I was about to sell it so now I need to sell a Park Avenue.

Trading in that old truck did feel like killing off a pet.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

get Team Underground in the hasseloofenator 300zx they been trying to prove Judge Johny but hasn't happened .

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

23 (edited by troubleonwheels 2009-10-27 10:21 AM)

no way to cool and MR2?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/torgysbuick/P1100605.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/torgysbuick/P1100606.jpg

It turns out we just can't drive

Drop a Z shell on a shortened P-71 frame. Then add an LT1 and call it Team Alphabits. That should win SOMETHING.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

A Z WILL win one of these!! We are getting closer, we finished this race with 3 hours of downtime due to a faulty u-joint. Next time! Troy come out and do a west coast race and help represent the Z's!