Re: Special shout out to Troy Hogan

Judge Jonny wrote:

Hmmm... Well, MR2s fail one one single reason -- no way to cool them.

easy...just move the engine to the front.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Fish wrote:

A Z WILL win one of these!! We are getting closer, we finished this race with 3 hours of downtime due to a faulty u-joint. Next time! Troy come out and do a west coast race and help represent the Z's!

i like how Troy is becoming the Lyle of Datsuns

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/10/Broken300ZX-Lap1.jpg

Hey, speaking of how great the Z is, here's a shot of Team Clunker's 300ZX shortly after completing its only lap at MSR. Note that it broke down for good about 100 yards past the start line, so it really finished more like 1.05 laps.

29 (edited by MurileeMartin 2009-10-27 04:52 PM)

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/10/Broken280ZX-Lap3.jpg

And here's the 280ZX of The Whip-Its. Lap total for the weekend: 3!

Will you Z guys please stop torturing yourselves and get some other kind of car? Even the Brava managed to beat most of the Zs!

Brava ha ha!!

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Also note that 4 of 10 BMW E30s finished with fewer than 100 laps (though admittedly there were 3 in the top 10).

MurileeMartin wrote:

Also note that 4 of 10 BMW E30s finished with fewer than 100 laps (though admittedly there were 3 in the top 10).

Are you suggesting we get e30s?

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Ooohh, an e30 wih a Datsun L6.  What could possibly go wrong?

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Troy wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Are you suggesting we get e30s?

No.

put a Z body on a Supra, nobody will know until you win, since the hood will never get lifted.

Buzz Killington wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

easy...just move the engine to the front.

Oh yea, now that's a plan ...  or shall I say a strong possibility after too many Yuenglings are consumed while reparing the previous MR2 failure. 

"Damn!  It doesn't go back in right.  Get me the torch so I can cut this %@$**!@ out of the way"

And what could possibly go wrong?  smile

-- John Robertson / Schumacher Taxi Service

Know more about a Craptation, coROLLa and BMW than I ever wanted to!
Stafford 08, CMP Spring/Fall 09, Stafford 09, Nelson Ledges 09, CMP Winter 10, VIR Chump 10, IOE Winning Craptation CMP Spring 2010, and lots more

Judge Jonny wrote:

MR2s overheat because they are a bitch to get all the air out of the system.  Ours ran dead on at 180* for 11 hours at Nelson before our lack of oil pressure killed the engine.  The race before that, we didn't have a problem except for that clutch thing.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

The new Troy penality from this weekend's race in TX was great.  Thanks for being a good sport.  That was the quietest I ever heard you be.

IMO when you win in an e30 or Miata you are not that cool because a lot of people have done it and its nothing new really. BUT when you win in a Z you can be the first one to EVER do it. That its self if worth torturing ourselves for! And you will have bragging rights for ever and be able to prove the judges wrong! smile

And when you win in an MR2, the earth will cease to spin on its axis. smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

An MR2 will win long before a Z wins.

Maybe MR2 vs. Z  should be a new Lemons subclass. Sort of like Godzilla-versus-Mothra. Only with more tears and fewer flambeed villagers.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Davidmgbv8 wrote:

The new Troy penality from this weekend's race in TX was great.  Thanks for being a good sport.  That was the quietest I ever heard you be.

We missed it... explain.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

I'm still hopeful a SBC will win one of these.......

It Ain't My Fault

Mulry wrote:

Maybe MR2 vs. Z  should be a new Lemons subclass. Sort of like Godzilla-versus-Mothra. Only with more tears and fewer flambeed villagers.

Yeah, before each race we can square off in mock battle Jets/Sharks style.

I think that's the first West Side Story reference in Lemons history....

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Riktor wrote:
Davidmgbv8 wrote:

We missed it... explain.

Probably had something to do with the picture on the first page of the thread... http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/06/The_Troy_504px.jpg

RoadRunner wrote:
Riktor wrote:
Davidmgbv8 wrote:

We missed it... explain.

Probably had something to do with the picture on the first page of the thread... http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/j … _504px.jpg

Just going through the thread it almost sounded as if they use HIM for a punishment for other teams...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

"Talk to the Troy"  Johnny tapes the miscreant to Troy and has them discuss the unfairness of Lemons justice, the differences in Z distributors, how to modify lower control arms for more camber...

They actually made some woman cry.

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

50 (edited by Troy 2009-10-30 04:07 PM)

4 People got the "Talk to Troy" penalty, I was only there 10-15 minutes.

1. Guy in Camaro
2. Woman in Isuzu, she didn't know why she was there and was a bit upset.
3. Friend
4. Same Camaro Guy: not sure how he got out of a driver change.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z