Topic: Newbie Q/Maserati

Greetings and Salutations

I figured before my team got too far down the road, I would check in with the Powers That Be about our car selection.

Will be get blasted for showing up with a Maserati, especially if it hasn't yet burned up?

Granted, it's a Biturbo coupe and no threat, but I'd hate to bring it out and get a zillion BS laps when it genuinely cost less than $400 to purchase.

Thanks all!

Re: Newbie Q/Maserati

I don't think any of the other biturbos had a hard time going through bs

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I doubt they will even ask any questions in BS.  If anything, you will be an IOE candidate.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Run it.  It will spectacular, for about 6 laps, then you can make smores with it.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

We're not going to give a Biturbo any penalty laps if it's anywhere near a legit $500 car. Bring it!

A Biturbo ran in the first-ever Lemons race and actually kept going for most of the weekend. Maybe you'll win IOE- all you need to do is finish in, say, the top 25!

Blow thru Webber carb, KKK turbos, Italian engineering. What could go wrong?

It's "What could possibly go wrong?!?"

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

I'm working over an owner of  a Biturbo to pay me $500, to take it off his hands. The battery terminal exploded a hole in the hood, on a test drive, so the Fear is in place. This extra cash will come in handy in BS tech trying to get this through.
cheers thicko
Top Gun, Team Corsa Nostra

MurileeMartin wrote:

We're not going to give a Biturbo any penalty laps if it's anywhere near a legit $500 car. Bring it!

A Biturbo ran in the first-ever Lemons race and actually kept going for most of the weekend. Maybe you'll win IOE- all you need to do is finish in, say, the top 25!

It was actually the second-ever Lemons race, and it pushed the Ecurie Ecrappe Alfa off the track at the checker.

Also--I've mentioned this before--it was campaigned by an all-girl team. Take that, you E30 wimps!

Its radiator also blew up partway through the race and scalded some poor bastard in the pits. So, you know, you win some, you lose some.

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

It was actually the second-ever Lemons race, and it pushed the Ecurie Ecrappe Alfa off the track at the checker.

Also--I've mentioned this before--it was campaigned by an all-girl team. Take that, you E30 wimps!

Its radiator also blew up partway through the race and scalded some poor bastard in the pits. So, you know, you win some, you lose some.

Everybody wants to remove the cap after it boils!

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

11 (edited by Scud.Ig 2009-11-03 06:52 PM)

Thanks for the info.  Scuderia Ignorante ("Racing Fools") looks forward to the game in Dallas.

If the Maserati turns out to be a nonstarter (still in debate), then this might be fun, and is for sale for $600 in TN...

http://ifgpf1.com/wik/images/b/bf/60_Cad_02.jpg

I think this meets the spirit nicely

http://ifgpf1.com/wik/images/8/8f/Biturbo-014.jpg

Lemons is the best use I can think of for a Biturbo.

It's like an E30, but it's immune to all the typical E30 problems, like easy hot-rodding, parts availability and mechanical durability.  You do get a nice clock, though.

Scud.Ig wrote:

I think this meets the spirit nicely

http://ifgpf1.com/wik/images/8/8f/Biturbo-014.jpg

Oh look at that. It has the same type of finned oil pan as an Alfa 2.0L. And yes it does have a nice clock on the dash.

If you went back in time to 1986 and found a brand new Biturbo with 10 miles on the odometer, we'd still wave you through BS.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

I think it would be cool to see one run.....for a few laps, then overheat (in 50F weather)......come back 30 minutes later and do two laps...and repeat for two days....  unless you try to make 4 laps and blow a headgasket.....

I'm not worried about the wiring..it can't be worse than our 25 year old 928's CE panel-nightmare

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

icemang17 wrote:

..it can't be worse than our 25 year old 928's CE panel-nightmare

I'm thinking the win is in the bag.
Go Porsche!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/86/Maserati_Quattroporte_III.jpg

I've seen Quattroportes priced not much over a grand. Must be plenty of stuff you can sell off one.

MurileeMartin wrote:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … te_III.jpg

I've seen Quattroportes priced not much over a grand. Must be plenty of stuff you can sell off one.

Ya but how much of it actually works?????????????????????????????

Caveat Emptor comes to mind....  I'd bet we could make a killer electric couch out of the seats...even better than the 928 love seat

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

trekkor wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

..it can't be worse than our 25 year old 928's CE panel-nightmare

I'm thinking the win is in the bag.
Go Porsche!

KT

KT
I wish I was as optimistic as you......I just want the car to run long enough for every driver to get a stint in before it dies....

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

If you guys don't even have the stones to man up and enter a Quattroporte, are you really positive you get what Lemons is all about?

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

If you guys don't even have the stones to man up and enter a Quattroporte, are you really positive you get what Lemons is all about?

psh, i totally have the stones. the problem is, I live in ohio, which means they're practically non-existant for under 20k here, and when they do exist they're so rusted you could put holes in the metal with a bent soda straw or some nutjob as bad as we are scoops it up to put it in storage for another 20years swearing it'll actually appreciate in value at some point.