1 (edited by Sparky Pete 2013-01-31 12:44 AM)

Topic: Anyone ever use Simple-tire/TiresEasy.com? Closeout store suggestions?

Anyone ever use Simple-tire or Tires-Easy dot com? If so, how did it go?

I've looked into them on occasion over the last 2 years, checked the reviews and the complaints, and both seem kinda sketchy. BUT, lots of folks also (allegedly) claim their tires arrived just fine. Other say theirs had slight defects, some cosmetic, and returns can be a pain.

However I don't really care what they look like, and I barely care if they are completely round. (it's for the ZomBee for crying out loud). I just want my favorite tire. And these are the only places that list the tires I want in the size I need.

So my questions to anyone who has used them are, did the actual tires you ordered show up, or were there substitutions? Any weird hanky panky? I'll put up with a lot of crap to get my favorite tires. But I don't want to set my hair on fire, metaphorically.

Does anyone know of other closeout re-sellers to try? (bonus points for west-coast).

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Re: Anyone ever use Simple-tire/TiresEasy.com? Closeout store suggestions?

I have not used them, but I have used DirectBuyTire.com in Murilee's old stomping grounds of Alameda to get a set of NLA Sumitomo HTR200s in 2011.

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

Yeah, we used tire-easy.  We were under the gun as far as time and I was, ummmmm, a high maintenance client.  They responded to my emails within a day or two and I had the tires in hand very quick.  The tires were black, round, held air and were CHEAP....exactly what we needed.
Anthony

Used Tires-easy for some tires for my (long-since sold) 88 4Runner once. They got here, they did fail to mention the tires were white walls, but I (sorta) fixed that by mounting the whitewalls on the inside.

My local tire shop will order me Azenis for within $5 of discounttiredirect.com as a cash and carry sale; but the owner also lives next door to me.

antny wrote:

Yeah, we used tire-easy.  We were under the gun as far as time and I was, ummmmm, a high maintenance client.  They responded to my emails within a day or two and I had the tires in hand very quick.  The tires were black, round, held air and were CHEAP....exactly what we needed.
Anthony

fiasco wrote:

Used Tires-easy for some tires for my (long-since sold) 88 4Runner once. They got here, they did fail to mention the tires were white walls, but I (sorta) fixed that by mounting the whitewalls on the inside.

My local tire shop will order me Azenis for within $5 of discounttiredirect.com as a cash and carry sale; but the owner also lives next door to me.

Thanks!! Were they the exact tire you ordered, or a close approximation?

The only reason I'd use them is that they list the exact tire I want, and are the only ones who list it.

Other "similar" tires just aren't going to do the trick on the ZomBee. We have a magic formula we stumbled on and spent a lot of time refining before the tires went obsolete.

I'd be better off starting anew with re-tuning my suspension setup and using more expensive tires. But the current setup just works so - damn - well I'd totally horde every last one while I can. But that's assuming they don't do a bait & switch/substitution which would be throwing money away. .

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

I got the exact tire I ordered.  I did call in to be sure the tire was on hand and would ship from a fairly close warehouse....like I said, time was not on my side.
Anthony

Yeah, the tires were what they said they'd be, just with whitewalls. I was totally going for the cheapest snow tires I could find, which were Hankook something or others. Of course within days of replacing the tires, the headgasket went, the first bolt I turned snapped, and I put the thing on Craigslist and got a car payment.