Topic: well that sucks...

Just got Nick's e mail about "...no motorized vehicles on track property..." at night.  Could have an inflated sense of team importance, but I can't help but think that they had RB, and our 40 pit bikes, in mind.

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

Re: well that sucks...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

What about floating islands? Or hovercraft? No more turbine golf carts? Or barstools? WHO'LL BRING THE BEER FROM THE OTHER END OF THE PADDOCK???

In protest Team Sputnik will bring a bunch of aspiring teammates to operate our rickshaws and kart our drunk asses around on Saturday. Don't tell them that it's hazing, we call it a "team-building exercise". I expect other teams to follow suit.

If anyone in MD area has extra bicycle wheels, I want them.

If they ban rollerskating on the track at Capitol Offense at night, I'll cry. Until then, I'm merely annoyed.

K Car Stalker

The DRZ 400 will be a bigger pain to drag to the race than the little chinese things, but it's street legal :-)

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

"and after realizing at Summit Point '12 that police supervision actually makes things way worse."

what's the story here?

What exactly is this definition of "motorized"?

Steam powered? That's not got much motor to it...

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

firegremlin wrote:

What about floating islands?.

Indeed....

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/574878_10152078264715121_813694611_n.jpg

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Does that outlaw the Ape? Phil may be crestfallen.

http://images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/10/01-2008-Piaggo-Ape-50-Europe-Picture-courtesy-of-Murilee-Martin-450x252.jpg

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

8 (edited by f263u 2013-02-07 05:22 PM)

What's the deal with the Razor scooter hate? Scooters and skateboards are pretty legit pit conveyances. I feel like there must be some crazy story of Evel Knieval - esque jumps over multiple Lemons cars out there at Summit Point.

Auto Lemon Union www.facebook.com/autolemonunion     
'11 - Point, Sweat, Skank; '12 - Point, Sweat, Vodden, Freeze, '13 Point (+even), Turrible, Vodden, Freeze, '14 Problem, Point, Turrible, Vodden, Freeze, '15 Point, Lemonites, Freeze.

Marc wrote:

"and after realizing at Summit Point '12 that police supervision actually makes things way worse."

what's the story here?

For those who haven't been there, the Capitol Offense race for the last couple of years has been run next to "Hyperfest" which is a carnival of drifters, and everything that goes with that.  It's nuts.  They bring out cops ready for riots of the flat brimmed pants down on the butts types who spectate that stuff (with hot girlfriends in body paint - i can see why fights might start).  So there are TONS of cops, cruising the Lemons pits - realized they were on break, from Hyperfest and just wanted to see what us nerds were up to, then relaxed.  Late night shenannagins were epic, but no one bothered us - there was no oversight at night, or police presence, and we had fun in a boys will be boys kind of way - yeah, a little over the top, but only a dent or two in a DD to show for it.  It would have pissed me off if my car got hit by someone doing donuts, but danger?  i don't know.

10 (edited by RobL 2013-02-07 06:22 PM)

I'm pretty sure the razor hate is for the kids, not us - too many kids running around in paddock.  As for the rest.......  How are the fat asses like me supposed to get around?

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

I'm pretty sure the razor hate is for the kids, not us - too many kids running around in paddock.  As for the rest.......  How are the fat asses like me supposed to get around?

firegremlin wrote:

In protest Team Sputnik will bring a bunch of aspiring teammates to operate our rickshaws and kart your drunk asses around on Saturday.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

So how will this be policed?
I thought the organizers split to their swanky motels after dark at most races.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Brett85p wrote:

So how will this be policed?
I thought the organizers split to their swanky motels after dark at most races.

Clearly 'dem snitches.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I'll miss the teams cruising around bring us poor saps that are still working on our cars drinks late at night oh and the flaming pit bike jumps.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

I was reading this as you can't operate the CAR after an hour... That was what alarmed me the most, how are you supposed to know when you've fixed the damn thing at 3 am?  Our pit bike is a '74 Schwinn so I guess it doesn't run afoul of the rule anyway but I fail to see how it's safer than a buzzy loud 50cc.

OTOH, maybe it's time to use the KZ1000P for pit use.  The rules say that you can't have lights or sirens on your Lemon but it doesn't say anything about having them on yr pit bike...

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

I have found the solution to the group's evening transportation AND drinking challenges:

http://www.ibike.org/images/tech/fietscafe.jpg

If we weren't building the Rolls, this would be our next build.  Hopefully someone beats us to it.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Type44 wrote:

I was reading this as you can't operate the CAR after an hour.

Rule says motorized vehicle so that would be anything with a motor, gas or electric.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

18 (edited by dculberson 2013-02-07 08:50 PM)

Mike C. wrote:
Marc wrote:

what's the story here?

For those who haven't been there, the Capitol Offense race for the last couple of years has been run next to "Hyperfest" which is a carnival of drifters, and everything that goes with that.  It's nuts.  They bring out cops ready for riots of the flat brimmed pants down on the butts types who spectate that stuff (with hot girlfriends in body paint - i can see why fights might start).  So there are TONS of cops, cruising the Lemons pits - realized they were on break, from Hyperfest and just wanted to see what us nerds were up to, then relaxed.  Late night shenannagins were epic, but no one bothered us - there was no oversight at night, or police presence, and we had fun in a boys will be boys kind of way - yeah, a little over the top, but only a dent or two in a DD to show for it.  It would have pissed me off if my car got hit by someone doing donuts, but danger?  i don't know.

There's that, but it might also be due to the fact that a certain police person .. a very fast police person, one might say .. was the source of a lot of shenanigans at Summit Point.  Him (or she) and his (or her) 4-wheeled multi-terrain capable conveyance had no small part in what was the most visually impressive and amazingly dangerous stunts I've seen at Lemons. No injuries whatsoever, but I can see how they would make an insurer quite nervous.

Also, yes, this rule is a bummer.  It's not necessarily WRONG, but it makes me sad.  All the motorized endangerment at night has been one of many, many high points of these races.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

JThw8 wrote:
Type44 wrote:

I was reading this as you can't operate the CAR after an hour.

Rule says motorized vehicle so that would be anything with a motor, gas or electric.

Yeah, I get that. I'm saying... As our Lemon has current plates, and will likely continue to have current plates, when I finish an ad hoc rebuild of a Benz 722.3 automatic trans at 3 am, I intend to eat as many miles of I-5, I-10, or whatever that highway next to Sears Point is, as are needed to ensure that said ad hoc rebuild does indeed complete the requisite number of up shifts and downshifts to return to the fray Sunday morning.  I don't want any guff on the way to the gate, capisce?

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

You'll never take me alive, coppers!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

As usual the moronic actions of the few screw everyone over. Why don't they keep that rule in effect for THAT track?? I've not seen anyone dukes of hazzard the hill at ECR yet.

OK-Speed - Tape-R

Fine, well if I can't ride my Super Cub then nobody can! Not Phil, not nobody!

I don't think I will actually own the thing by the time Sears comes along anyway. Spring is almost here and that's when young men's minds turn to thoughts of scooters and tax refunds

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

f263u wrote:

What's the deal with the Razor scooter hate? Scooters and skateboards are pretty legit pit conveyances. I feel like there must be some crazy story of Evel Knieval - esque jumps over multiple Lemons cars out there at Summit Point.

I think they may be referring to motorized Razor scooters. I could be wrong and often am.

After a few dozen emails back/forth to HQ, it is ALL motorized vehicles not taking you and your felons off - or on the facilities.

Clarified: no motorized beer taps/mobile-margarita-service/dance platforms/etc, no deliveries from one end of the paddock to the other, no driving to and from the showers/heads, no testing of race cars, nothing. ZERO motorized. Unless it is taking you to a place off of the facilities and is being immediately used to do so.

I didn't get that exact wording, but it was implicit in the communications I did get.

Brett85p wrote:

I'll miss the teams cruising around bring us poor saps that are still working on our cars drinks late at night oh and the flaming pit bike jumps.

I'm wondering if that alleged second half has something to do with this rule as well.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.